Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy Dimensions $28.99

Posts 21 to 24 of 24

Bankai

FluttershyGuy wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

FluttershyGuy wrote:

I downloaded the initial free version and like the game itself (being classic FF), but I just can't get past awful touch screen controls. I just may content myself with the free part for now, and hope it does well enough for a 3DS port (3DS has been out a year-and-a-half, where are the regular FF games???).

If it becomes apparent that a 3DS version won't happen, I'll throw in the towel and buy the whole kit & kaboodle on my iPod Touch. About that time, Squeenix WILL announce a 3DS version, and I'll feel like an idiot.

I found the controls for this game very comfortable. What's your problem with them, exactly?

Nothing wrong with the game's persay. Just general dislike for touch controllers. Although I think I'd prefer that it had a stationary "direction pad" like other iOS Final Fantasy. That's a minor thing. Since this is a non-action game, I can deal with it. But I'll be a happier camper when/if it's on a system I have with physical controllers.

It does - you can find the option to turn the virtual D-pad on in the options of the game.

At least, it's there on the iPad version. I can't imagine why the smaller-screen games wouldn't have it.

I agree with you that the default "floating" d-pad is less-than idea, but the static one is comfy.

EvilRegal

OlympicCho wrote:

FluttershyGuy wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

FluttershyGuy wrote:

I downloaded the initial free version and like the game itself (being classic FF), but I just can't get past awful touch screen controls. I just may content myself with the free part for now, and hope it does well enough for a 3DS port (3DS has been out a year-and-a-half, where are the regular FF games???).

If it becomes apparent that a 3DS version won't happen, I'll throw in the towel and buy the whole kit & kaboodle on my iPod Touch. About that time, Squeenix WILL announce a 3DS version, and I'll feel like an idiot.

I found the controls for this game very comfortable. What's your problem with them, exactly?

Nothing wrong with the game's persay. Just general dislike for touch controllers. Although I think I'd prefer that it had a stationary "direction pad" like other iOS Final Fantasy. That's a minor thing. Since this is a non-action game, I can deal with it. But I'll be a happier camper when/if it's on a system I have with physical controllers.

It does - you can find the option to turn the virtual D-pad on in the options of the game.

At least, it's there on the iPad version. I can't imagine why the smaller-screen games wouldn't have it.

I agree with you that the default "floating" d-pad is less-than idea, but the static one is comfy.

Thank you for the info! I've not played it enough yet to discover the ins and outs yet. Hate it when real life gets in the way of gaming, especially if it's Final Fantasy gaming.

Above all else, I'm just happy to see Square make an original old skool Final Fantasy. Somehow I feared the Final Fantasy IV Collection on PSP might be the last classic-type FF we'd see. So, this gives me hope, even if I'd rather see it on another system. That's why I really want to see Nintendo remake TLoZ: A Link to the Past, because I want to know that the classic Zelda played from the overhead view isn't going to completely become a relic of the past.

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

KingMike

How would you guys like to see Final Fantasy Monsters, featuring Barret? (Magic Box reports it was an idea presented at the FF 25th celebration, though I don't know if they were serious or if it was a purely joke idea like Tokimeki Final Fantasy.)

KingMike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.