Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy Dimensions $28.99

Posts 1 to 20 of 24

Wheels2050

Link here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-24-final-fantasy-di...

Thoughts? While I can't say whether or not that's worth it, it seems to me that SE may be pricing themselves out of the market - given that the vast majority of iOS games are $10 or less, this seems like a lot of cash. No matter how good the game is, I think it's a pretty tough sell.

Being episodic helps break that up a bit, but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Edited on by Wheels2050

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

DeMoN-13ruce

not even going to buy IOs gameslol they mostly suck

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

Wheels2050

Thanks for the insightful contribution.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

DeMoN-13ruce

no probleeeeeeeeeeeeeem

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

kkslider5552000

SE actually wants a profit for their new game. I see no issue with this and it will work. The ports of other SE games have apparently done really well and Final Fantasy fans were willing to spend a total of 120 bucks on the FFXIII games so they'll buy anything.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

I reeaaally need a new iPod Touch...

Anyways, I'd be fine with the price. I'm assuming it's a quality product, and thus priced accordingly.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

The less than stellar art puts me off more than the price. People paid about that much, if not more, for FF4: The After Years. I don't see why this should be much of an issue.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

I think it's kind of funny that Square is selling a game that looks like it was made in RPGMaker for almost double what some of their much-more-pro-looking games are going (or at least have at some point gone) for. I'm sure it'll be fun but whoever designed that UI (if anyone actually did) needs a class in how-to-design-not-fugly-UI.

Oh well, at least it looks a bit better than this.
^^ that screenshot is 1:1 w/ the iPhone, btw. That's how it actually looks in-game. I still can't believe they blurred up that lovely pixel art. smh squeenix.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

SMEXIZELDAMAN

DeMoN-13ruce wrote:

not even going to buy IOs gameslol they mostly suck

TRUE FACT!!!!!!!

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Slapshot

GuardianKing wrote:

You know... Dimensions sounds like a perfect name for a 3DS title...

I was thinking the exact same thing!

But, while I do think the $30 price tag is a tad bit steep — $20 would be more along my instant impulse purchase range — I've found that paying the premium prices for iOS titles is where it's at for lasting enjoyment. Not saying that a few $.99 games aren't fun, because they are, but premium games are usually, well, a premium experience.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Bankai

Slapshot wrote:

GuardianKing wrote:

You know... Dimensions sounds like a perfect name for a 3DS title...

[/div]

I was thinking the exact same thing!

But, while I do think the $30 price tag is a tad bit steep — $20 would be more along my instant impulse purchase range — I've found that paying the premium prices for iOS titles is where it's at for lasting enjoyment. Not saying that a few $.99 games aren't fun, because they are, but premium games are usually, well, a premium experience.

My favourite iOS game is probably Battle Academy at the moment, and that's a $20 game, lol.

bonesy91

Well if Ipod/Android heavy gamers want these "consoles" to equal that of the likes of Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft then they should excpect big name games to cost the same price. Just seems fair in my book. Though I am slowly starting to like my android (thank you siaxais controller option) I still could never justify a purchase of my than 6$ for it.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

CanisWolfred

bonesy91 wrote:

Well if Ipod/Android heavy gamers want these "consoles" to equal that of the likes of Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft then they should excpect big name games to cost the same price. Just seems fair in my book. Though I am slowly starting to like my android (thank you siaxais controller option) I still could never justify a purchase of my than 6$ for it.

But I'm sure you'd have no problem paying $10-$15 for a PSN game, right?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

Mickeymac wrote:

bonesy91 wrote:

[/div]

But I'm sure you'd have no problem paying $10-$15 for a PSN game, right?

I'm sure all the big retail games on PSN cost 15 dollars.

Besides, Playstation Plus's existance is likely a far better rebuttle.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

EvilRegal

I downloaded the initial free version and like the game itself (being classic FF), but I just can't get past awful touch screen controls. I just may content myself with the free part for now, and hope it does well enough for a 3DS port (3DS has been out a year-and-a-half, where are the regular FF games???).

If it becomes apparent that a 3DS version won't happen, I'll throw in the towel and buy the whole kit & kaboodle on my iPod Touch. About that time, Squeenix WILL announce a 3DS version, and I'll feel like an idiot.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Bankai

FluttershyGuy wrote:

I downloaded the initial free version and like the game itself (being classic FF), but I just can't get past awful touch screen controls. I just may content myself with the free part for now, and hope it does well enough for a 3DS port (3DS has been out a year-and-a-half, where are the regular FF games???).

If it becomes apparent that a 3DS version won't happen, I'll throw in the towel and buy the whole kit & kaboodle on my iPod Touch. About that time, Squeenix WILL announce a 3DS version, and I'll feel like an idiot.

I found the controls for this game very comfortable. What's your problem with them, exactly?

EvilRegal

OlympicCho wrote:

FluttershyGuy wrote:

I found the controls for this game very comfortable. What's your problem with them, exactly?

Nothing wrong with the game's persay. Just general dislike for touch controllers. Although I think I'd prefer that it had a stationary "direction pad" like other iOS Final Fantasy. That's a minor thing. Since this is a non-action game, I can deal with it. But I'll be a happier camper when/if it's on a system I have with physical controllers.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.