Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 4,141 to 4,160 of 10,277

Matt96

when in a party, I often host.

New Goldeneye wii code:4885 9182 2486
3DS friend code (let me know if you add me): 1246-8768-4585

Hoffkage

Im trying to join you but the room is already full.

3DS Code: 4553-9942-9180
Wii Friend Code: 3696-5353-2266-8921
GoldenEye 007: 2207-9446-2010 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-6640-1225 - Monster Hunter 3: A6WF6Z Hoffkage
Mario Kart DS: 1032-6187-2808 - Zelda Phantom Hourglass: 4597-4384-9522 - Scribblenauts: 2665-1833-7371

RDB

@demon.... Like i said, I hear ya, but you can't change the game. You can change your circumstances though. I agree with lifesave.. find some other folks in your timezone to play with and you'll be a part of the hosting group in no time. It'll be worth it to enjoy GE again!!!

@Dave. I just sent you a Skype invite. As for in games, I've group called with Drew and Test from DS. I think it's pretty much unlimited as far as the # of people on the call. Anyway, invite waiting. We can message also through skype. I know Tech will be on skype soon too. I use a headset so it's not on speaker phone and I don't have to hold it up while playing. Send me a message when you accept my invite so I know you're on.

@Gren... I hear ya man. It's tough to compete when it's all really high lvlers. It takes a whole different play style to be "in the game" so to speak. With my most recent jump to 45 giving me the strata I feel like I'm now in the similar class as all the other 45+ers (at least on firepower). The anova is awesome, no doubt, but really doesn't compare to the strata. So, yea, the terra is a great gun but is tough on close maps against stratas and anovas, let alone ivanas and mastersons. I'd say silenced is the best choice for you so you at least have the element of surprise on your side on larger maps. On small maps, make the shotty your best friend That was often how I survived and pulled out pos kdr's against high levelers.

If we have some voice chatting going on during matches, I think that will help with having organized roles... i.e. sniper, hero killer, etc... Otherwise, I agree that it's kind of a free for all.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

UnderlingXIII

neolights wrote:

UnderlingXIII wrote:

hmm, found an Ivana on the floor, checked the scoreboard, highest level was 34 :/

Yeah, I have also had a problem with this. About a week ago or so I was playing solo and I got thrown on to a team that originally had 4 people on it, but 5 seconds into the match it turned to 3. Here is how it happened. Lvl 52 blows himself up and leaves the game. Guy runs over and picks up the Masterton he left on the floor.

yeah, but I joined at the map vote thing and there were mulitiple

GoldenEye 007: 1272-8050-9031
SSBB: 3438-4424-9516

Chris720

I'll be on until probably 12/1am (my time), since this hayfever is stopping me from freaking sleeping, dammit. So a good excuse to play with you guys I 'spose.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

RDB

xDemon720x wrote:

I'll be on until probably 12/1am (my time), since this hayfever is stopping me from freaking sleeping, dammit. So a good excuse to play with you guys I 'spose.

What's your timezone again? GMT??

I should be on in about an hour and a half or so.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

romulux

congratulations on the strata RDB. you were already keeping up pretty well without having the same firepower but now we're all on the same page. i didn't like the reflex sight much at first either but after trying all the other options it suddenly grew on me, it's really the only sight that consistently works well for everything. i say use heavy hitter (without a silencer) and snapshot, it gives you near ivana spec level power with near terralite accuracy.

demon, my advice is to get your leveling up over with as fast as you can so that host quits won't bother you as much. i still get pissed when it happens but without caring about lost xp it's much easier to get over it. sadly that's the only real solution there is, even when playing in a party we often times can't host.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Chris720

I would speed level, but wading through 40k XP per level each time is just a pain in the arse...

I'm only 43... and my heart really isn't in it anymore. After playing CoD a fair bit, the leveling is so much nicer to go through, 2000+ and I got to 45 in about 18 hours play time...

Yeah, GE's leveling and hosting is crap de la crap compared to CoD. And don't say "CoD has stiege levels", that's not excuse for the tonne o' crap you have to put up with just to level up... and leveling up is still hard, even with the HQs. :/

40k+ XP? Wtf were they smoking?!

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

RDB

xDemon720x wrote:

Yeah, GMT, you're like what? 5-6 hours behind me right? What a massive gap... jeez...

Yep, -5. So, if you stay on till 2 we might catch each other for an hour or so. It's been a while, so it'd be good to play with you again.

@Rom, I mixed up my strata scopes on diff loadouts last night to give each one a fair chance, but as of now silenced w/ hh and snapshot is the big winner. That's what I had some nice runs with last night anyway. Still really need to put some time in with the acog, but I have a feeling I won't like it. Most guns give me a huge blind spot with the acog when it's not ads. Cause I'm running and the gun is moving up and down on my right side and blocks the peripheral vision on that side... very annoying side effect of the acog. Oh, and you need to get on skype... gamechanging!!!

Ok, so let's talk light foot again. I used it for about 5 minutes when I unlocked it and then got rid of it and haven't looked back. But, I've seen some discussion recently about the validity of its use. All of your thoughts?

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

Chris720

Good class for Light Foot:

Anova w/ Silencer
Hawksman
Tier 1 Perk: Anything
Tier 2 Perk: Light Foot
Tier 3 Perk: Snap Shot

It really is amazing, you're already a ghost with the silencer and with Light Foot its incredibly easy to sprint around your opposing team. Also, I find the Hawksman kills a LOT quicker with Light Foot for some reason... also the added bonus of running away fairly quickly to reload is nice.

Also ADS Snap with Hawksman? Lets just say, the enemy is gonna get buried in bullets with in seconds lol.

YouTube

RDB

@demon, lun, matt96... my apologies for not contributing more to our matches... my framerate while hosting is pathetic tonight... it's making it really difficult to hit anything while moving.

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

lifesavedave

i've actually just switched my ivanna and stratta loadouts to lightfoot. I'm kinda liking it. I've never been a big fan but this time seems to be working better. I highly recommend lightfoot in the smaller stages like archives, facitlity, and sewers.

Next i think i'm going to try a ivanna/masterton multi loadout for stages like jungle and industrial.

So i just tried the 3ds. played for like 15 min on pilotwings. Pretty slick but i think the 3d gave me a headache. I noticed i slowly decreased the 3d part to where it was barely on. 3d movies don't ever give me any problems either. So i'll probably wait on it.

Has anyone tried kill zone 3 on ps3 with the move + nunchuck, oops i mean navigation thingy. What a rip off of the wii mote and nunchuck. Wii mote type playing style plus high definition would be sweet. Just wondering what you guys think about it or have tried it.

Now that were getting closer to conduit 2 whats the big deal about this game anyway. I think i read online co op and more custimization than what we're used to but other than that whats the big hype all about?

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

romulux

maybe i should try lightfoot with my ivana loadout, i can't seem to make that gun work no matter what i do.

demon, just get to 45. the strata is the last gun worth leveling for (although the wolfe is kind of cool too). once you're there you won't feel the need for xp as much, but you will be getting more of it per match with the extra power.

lifesavedave wrote:

Now that were getting closer to conduit 2 whats the big deal about this game anyway. I think i read online co op and more custimization than what we're used to but other than that whats the big hype all about?

that the game might not suck. that's seriously what's exciting about it, seeing if they can fix what was wrong in the first game. there are some legit reasons to look forward to it- better customization like you said, patching system, no host quitting, and potentially better controls. the first game set the bar for remote controls but goldeneye is now the best wii shooter, if high voltage wants to retake that title they have their work cut out for them. from what i've heard they're not messing with the controls much aside from adding motion+ support, so i'm not holding my breath.

the thing that makes me look forward to conduit 2 most is the pistol. in the first conduit the USP was more powerful than the machine guns if you were good with it while in this game the USP (hawksman) is puny up against nearly anything. the USP is still in conduit 2 and as long as they haven't neutered it we could all do pistols only in conduit 2 and actually not be at a disadvantage to machine gunners at all.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

UnderlingXIII

sorry guys once the noobtubing comes in, I'm out (2:10 JEEZ) but that Jungles match was really fun, I might've had a chance if I had better team-mates

RDB

Wow... 4 wii freezes tonight. That ticks me off more than HQ!!! I expect the hq, not the freeze.

Anyone coming on yet tonight? I'm all alone right now.

@rom... first 3 games. story of the night. cant' connect, lost connection, host quit... what fun.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

Hosenkloft

RDB wrote:

Wow... 4 wii freezes tonight. That ticks me off more than HQ!!! I expect the hq, not the freeze.

Anyone coming on yet tonight? I'm all alone right now.

@rom... first 3 games. story of the night. cant' connect, lost connection, host quit... what fun.

Hmm idk why but black on my wii freezes for reasons i do not know. But GE plays really good and i never get the error that i could not connect. Maybe it is just a thing with BO. Oh and i will play online with you if you want

Name is billy nice to meet you. :P
Nintendo wii code is:0788-4117-2611-0435
Goldeneye FC:4068-6613-6833
Who wants to play then?

UnderlingXIII

hey, is Ascension avaliable on BO for Wii?

MacLeoid

RDB wrote:

Ok, so let's talk light foot again. I used it for about 5 minutes when I unlocked it and then got rid of it and haven't looked back. But, I've seen some discussion recently about the validity of its use. All of your thoughts?

I like lightfoot a lot. I mainly play conflict and use it on all my loadouts (with snapshot) except a silent sniper. It does fine for me on team modes too, though I may revert to a silenced strata + HH + Snap as I have an ACOG Anova I almost never use. For conflict it gets me round the map faster meaning more kills.

MW3 Wii - AC 3335 - 5355 - 6787

Chris720

@Underling Map packs are suppose to be happening at some point for Bo Wii, but the only new thing that Treyarch have released for Wii is Nuketown 24/7. :/

@Rom I've already finished the Strata lol. Thank you guys for letting me pick it up, haha.

@RDB Those were some pretty kick games. However, after the 6/7th game I start noticing some really crappy lag.

Also, talk about getting in the way with a thermal scope... jeez, that thing is not helpful, if your teammate walks in front of you or even by the side of you, all you see is this massive white body down your scope making it harder to locate enemy targets. :/

I don't think I was much of a team player either, I just went and did stuff by myself lol. That's what happens when you go solo I 'spose.

YouTube

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.