Forums

Topic: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA

Posts 201 to 215 of 215

Magician

Eighteen hours in, about halfway through. The game has some pretty jolly vibes throughout the experience so far. The base expansion/progression system reminds me of the Suikoden series, which I love. The game has been enjoyable to the point where I think this could be one of the best games on the platform, if not the best game in the arpg genre on the Switch.

Until Diablo III arrives anyway.

Switch Physical Collection - 363 games (as of July 12th, 2019)
Currently playing: Super Neptunia RPG (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Agriculture

Tiefseemiez wrote:

I like the game and after some hesitation bought it. The graphics really bother me though. In a GameXplain review they addressed this and said they thought this must be a mistake and could easily be patched out.
What do you think? Did the developers talk about this so far?
I can cope with subpar graphics, but the flickering of the pixels pictures that jump (even while standing still and talking to a character) really are annoying. This didn't keep me from getting the game only because I remembered Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and how ugly the first city looked (especially in 3D) and how much fun I still had.
Still, this is Switch and not 3DS....O.o

The flickering mainly happens in some of the outdoor areas. A while into the game I completely forgot about the flickering since I hadn't seen it for a long time, but then I went back to those areas and noticed it again. Most of the game is spared from this flickering, but it's still unacceptable to release a game in such poor condition.

Agriculture

Magician

Thirty-eight hours in, just started chapter six. It feels like the story is wrapping up. I still can't get over how well the progression system, crafting system, and character development are all so well paced. The question now is, what do I play next?

Switch Physical Collection - 363 games (as of July 12th, 2019)
Currently playing: Super Neptunia RPG (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Introspect

I just picked up a Switch yesterday. Been having the urge to play a JRPG lately so I picked this up as my first (and only, as of now) title for the console. Not even an hour in so far. Look forward to delving in deeper.

Introspect

Quarth

How much approval rating do you need to get the true ending? I’ve heard both 150 and 200. Right now I’m at 157 or something and it feels like I’m getting pretty close to the end of the game. I’ve done almost all quests (some I sadly missed as the time ran out), found all castaways, did all raids when called upon, etc.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Ralizah

@Quarth 200, I believe. Don't forget to give people special gifts, go back to S-rank older raids and hunts, fill out the map 100%, keep defeating Master Kong with different characters, find all the recipes, etc. There should be at least 300 approval points possible in this game, so I'm sure you can still make the cut-off.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Quarth

@Ralizah Thanks! Sounds like a lot to do, but will give it a try!

EvilLucario

@Quarth 150 approval was for the Vita version I believe. So get 200.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Quarth

@EvilLucario Will try (in the pauses from Dark Souls )!

Quarth

@Ralizah Thanks! I’ve explored 90% of the map already, so I guess I need to do some smaller stuff.

Geobros

I have a question about the game. Is there a way to make an enemy to drop more items or rarer items? I am in chapter 5 and I don't find Essence Stone easily.

Geobros

My Nintendo: Geobros

the_shpydar

@Geobros
There are certain accessories (pendants and such) that you can get that will increase the rare item drop rates, but not sure if there's any other way beyond that.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Switchcraft

I just noticed the game is on sale.

Has anything changed since release? I remember the frame rate being an issue.

Gameplay matters.

EvilLucario

@Switchcraft The translation is better I think, but performance remains the same.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic