Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 3,161 to 3,180 of 3,319

subpopz

NinjaAceTrainer wrote:

Some titans have exclusive weather conditions that generally don't change much outside of aesthetics (falling petals in Uraya for example)

There is at least one unique monster that will only appear during Falling Petals in Uraya. Not a huge change or one that someone would notice unless they're seeking that specific mob, but it still changes something.

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

NinjaAceTrainer

@subpopz I did use generally for a reason. Though I did not actually know about that unique monster. I just included petals as an example of a titan exclusive weather condition.

NinjaAceTrainer

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, I'm REALLY digging this game. Just finished Ch. 6. I guess if there's a time to focus on strengthening my other rare blades, it's now.

I fully expect this will by my favorite JRPG on the system until SMT V releases (and hopefully blows me away).

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah I struggled finding an appropriate stopping point after like Chapter 4-5 as it always feels like something big is round the corner. As you say, if you can find room to do a bit of grinding and side questing in chapter 6 you should!

kyleforrester87

DiscoGentleman

@Ralizah @kyleforrester87 glad that's exactly where I'm at and exactly what I've been doing.
I'm really enjoying this game more than I thought initially. Still plenty of QOL update they could do to make things less tedious and baffling.

Please understand: if you are going to send me a friend request, @ tag me at the same time or your request will be ignored.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6154-3556-8607 | 3DS Friend Code: 5112-3638-7349 | My Nintendo: DinoJP | Nintendo Network ID: DiscoGentleman | Twitter:

Tsurii

@Ralizah @kyleforrester87 @DiscoGentleman the story kind of explodes going forward, so if you guys already feel like you're having trouble to stop because you feel like important stuff is gonna happen anytime, it's only going to get "worse" going forward lel

The endgame is one long and pretty wild ride (and by endgame I mean everything starting with chapter 7's halfway point. Pretty awesome stuff)

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

DiscoGentleman

@Tsurii very, very excited now.

Handling a man's turtle!

Please understand: if you are going to send me a friend request, @ tag me at the same time or your request will be ignored.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6154-3556-8607 | 3DS Friend Code: 5112-3638-7349 | My Nintendo: DinoJP | Nintendo Network ID: DiscoGentleman | Twitter:

Quarth

I think this game is good so far. Not great as the first one (which I played on 3DS), but still good. That said, I'm not too far into the game, chapter 4, so it might get better.

What annoys me about the game is the sound design and the sometimes not fitting choice of music (even though the music on its own is really awesome). Sometimes they play like a really fast paced hard rock number during dialouges which either doesn't fit the mood of the scene or is so loud you can barely here what they are saying and have to rely on the subtitles. And in some parts the characters expressions doesn't blend that well with the tone of the dialouge, and sometimes the dialouge is really bad.

The map is kinda confusing. Sometimes it can be hard to tell where to go, even if you follow the compass.

But in the grand scheme of things, these are minor complaints. The world design is gorgeous (especially inside that titan), the graphics are for the most part beautiful, the characters are likeable (if somewhat flat and not considering the typical JRPG stereotypes and sexism), the music is, as previously mentioned, really great, the battle system is complex, but fun, the controls are easy to grasp, the story is engaging (while not as much as the first game so far).

Hoping to get some more time to play it. Got stuck at some barrels, Poppi isn't levelled up enough to be able to examine them yet.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

SonEdo

New to the series and played it for the first time last month. I'm a fan.

SonEdo

Ralizah

Somewhere in Ch. 7 now. Nia just revealed her blade form, and I'm supposed to head off somewhere to find Pyra. Regarding the sword, did... the game just do the Kung-Fu Panda thing? Where the sword doesn't really matter, because it's what is in your heart that counts?

I mean, I get that the game is going the "friendship is magic" route, but how is heart going to help me against a dude that can literally physically manipulate elementary particles and move at the speed of light?

Then again, maybe Jin won't be a problem after all. If Rex is as quick and merciless against Jin as he was against Nia when he brutally friendzoned her almost immediately after her confession, then he might just seize the upper hand.

The song that plays during the reveal is great. I think they played it earlier in the game, too.

In general, Xenoblade 2's OST is one of the best I've heard in years.

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

EvilLucario

@Ralizah It's not quite "the power of friendship", though it may seem similar. Just finish the chapter and it might all make sense.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

darkfenrir

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/xenoblade-chronicles-2-version-1-...

2 New Blades, one for Expansion Pass people, the other for people that have finished the game.

There'll be also:
Other updates in version 1.4.0 include:

On and after your second playthrough, Traveling Bards will be able to exchange EXP for Poppi Parts.
New sorting option added to the menu.

(And future plans:
Starting in May, we plan to add new quests, as well as even more new Rare Blades, challenge battles, an “Extreme” difficulty mode, and more for users who purchased the Expansion Pass.)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338 | 3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

EvilLucario

Extreme difficulty interests me the most out of all the free updates. I can't wait to do yet ANOTHER playthrough to see how that stacks up.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

darkfenrir

I probably will do NG+ once all the updates hit (and hopefully that will be free time!)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338 | 3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

EvilLucario

One great thing is that the DLC Blade will come with its own quest, and I really hope that sidequest is good. After batch 2 of the DLC quests, I'm optimistic for this one to be at least decent.

Tsurii

I hope extreme Mode is actually extreme. I stopped playing what would otherwise have been a 100% file on NG+ because the difficulty was a complete joke.

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Beluganator

Does anyone know anything about the "Brand new story content"-part of the expansion? Kinda hoping for some new areas to explore.

Beluganator

Grumblevolcano

@Beluganator We know pretty much nothing outside of it releasing in fall 2018.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FX102A

I am on the verge of completing this game, just started Chapter 10. Yet now gone on full side quest mode and trying to complete all I have so far (with some FAQ help for a few long ones requiring me to search across Alrest). Also want to nab that second crystal like blade.

On another note, I began to wonder if Nintendo may at some point planned to include Microtransactions in the game for the Core Crystal mechanic. I am having trouble figuring out why such a chance based mechanism was used when no chance to make more money. Don’t get me wrong, overjoyed no digital gambling is in the game but just felt so weird and wonder if it was yanked as the animosity towards the practice began to grow.

FX102A

Beluganator

@FX102A There has been a lot of (especially japanese) games of late, that could have had microtransactions. Some examples here: Xeneblade (of course), Monster Hunter, Ni No Kuni.
I think japanese developers is more about creating the best possible experience for you. And what I've heard, Japanese people (in general) take a lot of pride out of what they have done, let's say a game.

Beluganator

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic