Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 3,181 to 3,200 of 3,602

Ralizah

@BrainOfGrimlock Nah. The biggest head-start you'll have is having access to more blades sooner than if you didn't start with a bunch of core crystals, which, trust me, is nothing that'll harm your experience with the game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Hallonblad

@BrainOfGrimlock As I remember there isn't anything in there that will break the experience. It will alleviate a little bit of the Tiger! Tiger! frustration and give you a few core crystals. That's it. Go for it.

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

Ryu_Niiyama

Trajan wrote:

Question for you guys if you know:
why does Minoth have gun daggers, but Cole gives Rex a regular dagger as his weapon to give to Amalthus?

My thought was that it would highlight Cole's degredation as a Blade with his um "condition". If I'm wrong, then cool factor.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Henmii

I am a bit confused...this morning I got the Torna expansion in the mail. It contained a card with the game of course...but also a download code. For what exactly is the download code? It says quests and blades, so I almost suspect that the season pass is on it. When I use this code, how much memory-space does this content take up?

Henmii

Grumblevolcano

@EvilLucario Are there any shop deeds for Indol, just reached level 5 dev and no merc missions have appeared.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Hallonblad

@Grumblevolcano You'll need to progress a bit further through the story and all will become clear to you.

#supercasualgamer

EvilLucario

@Grumblevolcano @Hallonblad He knows. But there are none, the only things missable are the 3 sidequests. That's it.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

BrainOfGrimlock

Think I need another day or two (and maybe a short brainless game) to get RDR2 fully out of my brain (all the feels!), but just played through the first 45 minutes of XC2 and so far so good! No idea what I'm really doing but that's ok, only two standouts for me are;

Voice actors - I'm a dirty deserting Brit so I quite like the accents (so far), can't imagine they were/are everyone's cup of tea though?

Music - I've hardly got anywhere but man I'm really digging the music so far, love the theme in the big area/hangar/salvage yard place I was in (with all the shops I can't use yet?), really hope it carries on in the same vein!

Am excited to get going sometime this week anyway, been putting this series off (along with Disgaea) for far too long as a supposed JRPG fan!

BrainOfGrimlock

Hallonblad

@BrainOfGrimlock Take your time, the game will be quite time consuming. ^-^ Though enjoyable all the way through post game.

I tend to consume media in original language when possible, so I played the game in Japanese. i have heard the English voice acting though, and I know a lot of people complained about it (especially Americans) but it seemed fine to me. Loved the Welsh accent for Nia.

The music is the best. I presume you've only been to Goldmouth so far, just wait until you reach the next area. One of my favourite themes for sure.

I think - from one JRPG lover to another - that you are going to enjoy every second of this game. Especially if you don't mind the accents. XD

#supercasualgamer

Ming316

subpopz wrote:

@Henmii The code is indeed the season pass for the main game. XB2 is using 819MB on my Switch and it's fully updated.

Is the season pass the same with the one sold in the Nintendo EShop for $30?

Ming316

BrainOfGrimlock

No worries, I'll definitely be savouring it as I go through! I'm procrastinating about playing it right now, I always do when starting a new RPG, mainly because I know once I get in to it I'll be completely absorbed until I come back up for air!

I like that they've used authentic accents at least - I literally cringe in programs/games/whatever when they get someone to portray an accent that they can't very well, like, why not get someone who speaks like that natively?

Will post more when I'm further in, like I say, still trying to flush away the post RDR2-ness!

BrainOfGrimlock

bluemage1989

@BrainOfGrimlock the voice overall really grew on me over time. Nice to see more regional English accents in a game and yeah I agree the music is top notch from start to finish I think you'll like it.

bluemage1989

BrainOfGrimlock

@bluemage1989 yeah I like hearing them too. Wonder how much of an effect - if any - the positive reaction to Drippy's voice actor in Ni No Kuni has had on regional accents etc?

I remember the voices in Kingdoms of Amalur being pretty awful, think they were regional British ones? Examples of how to do things well/badly all over the games industry I guess

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

Ming316

@subpopz thank you

btw anyone know how to get 50.000 points in Tiger Tiger ? Should I play it in normal mode? I've been trying it in easy mode and the best score I could get is about 30.000.

Ming316

EvilLucario

@Ming316 Play it on easy and just do Stage 1 or 2. Make sure you collect all the ether crystals and treasure chests while not getting hit yourself. Achieve that and you'll easily get 50k+.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Trajan

I suck at classic NES games. Tiger Tiger on normal is hard. Forget stages 2-5.

Even easy the other stages are hard for me. I do like the game. They should have made it available on the Switch app.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Angelic_Lapras_King

For Tiger Tiger, there are hidden areas in each stage that help you get the 50,000+ score on any stage. I forget where those hidden areas are but look up a video on youtube and you'll do it piece of cake.

You also get bonuses for things like collecting every gem and not getting hit/finishing with full health. You can do all of this on Easy mode and get 50,000 no problem. Now, if you want all the parts/items to turn Poppi and all her forms into a killing machine, that's up to you but be prepared to play the game a LOT.

Edited on by Angelic_Lapras_King

Angelic_Lapras_King

Henmii

@subpopz,

So the code contains all the season-pass dlc? Minus Torna I suppose. I mean, I already have Torna on card. I don't need a digital version.

Henmii

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic