Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 821 to 840 of 70,061

TCreationz1971

I am new so please bear with me and tell me please? What is the new NX? I guess I could go Google it but I was already here and thought I would ask a real person.

TootsiesCreationz1971
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm just young at heart and love to play video games!
Rune Factory 4
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

DefHalan

TCreationz1971 wrote:

I am new so please bear with me and tell me please? What is the new NX? I guess I could go Google it but I was already here and thought I would ask a real person.

No one knows what the NX is.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

skywake

TCreationz1971 wrote:

Some people say it's a magical box that's ten times more powerful than 5 PS4s. Some say it's a portable system that's also a phone and people will start buying it instead of yet another iPhone. Others say you can hear it whisper the meaning of life on a dry winter breeze. Yet more people still will say it's simultaneously all of these things and none of them before gazing off into the distance as if they've said something profound.

..... most of use shrug our shoulders and mumble something incoherent because we have no idea

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Frostyboy

@TCreationz1971: You tell use. All we do one these forums is share our ideas, hopes and dreams. We also throughs some rumours around.

Swopped my Saga master system for my friend NES and iv never look back.

Miitomo - http://twitter.com/@Frostyboy

Twitter:

GrailUK

I bet Tantalus are hard at work with their next HD remaster for the NX. My money would be on Mario Sunshine.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

WebHead

@GrailUK: kinda what I'm thinking too. Like the Wii u gamepad and can do things without the system, like user management or web browsing, but need to be with the home console for actual gaming. But at this point best to just wait for the reveal itself.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

GrailUK

@WebHead: Ye, I like the idea of customisable buttons that you can drag about and position under the physical buttons. Not so outlandish to cause knee jerk reactions. Could it be? Could Nintendo finally go back to evolution as opposed to revolution? I will be happier talking about this after April 1st! lol.

DefHalan

GrailUK wrote:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/nintendo...

April fools I reckon...but crikey this is VERY close to what I was imagining

Well, I am on the side of fake. It is just too boring. Basically a Wii U 2.0.

WebHead

@DefHalan: probably best to stay on fake side until the official reveal.

WebHead

DefHalan

@WebHead: I probably will stay on the fake side until I hear something exciting

Octane

GrailUK wrote:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/nintendo...

April fools I reckon...but crikey this is VERY close to what I was imagining

Yeah, the timing is unfortunate. It's a safe and realistic prediction though. Things like an optical drive and more power than the PS4 are what I expect for certain for their next home console; despite what some of the rumours have been saying. Not sure if 1TB of storage is a given or just wishful thinking, it's Nintendo after all. Also, some of the details are a bit out there; ARM architecture for example, but that's what they're using for their handhelds and I do not know if that'll make porting easier between those two systems. If it does, then it makes sense, as I expect more ports between their home and handheld consoles in the future. I'm running out of salt, so I'll stop here.

Octane

GrailUK

@DefHalan: Any rumour has me at 'customisable buttons / icons'. As long as the pad retains everything that has gone before it i.e d-pad, buttons, shoulder buttons, analogue sticks, rumble, triggers, gyroscope and touch screen. Keep going I say (Btw, I am camp fake, but damn this would be a day one for me!)

WebHead

@Octane: I do think NX CPU will be ARM-based even as a console. Devs are fairly familiar with it and it's more energy efficient and smaller, right up Nintendo's style.

And while I think it's fake it does match up with what the wall Street journal stated. A "home console with a mobile unit that can work in conjunction with the home console as well as independently on the go. Has industry leading chips as a response to power criticism."

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

Octane

@WebHead: It makes more sense the more I think about it, perhaps that idea wasn't that strange after all.

Octane

MysteryMan23

Meh, this is just another fake "leak," most likely. No sense drawing any conclusions from it one way or another. It does sound something like what I imagine the NX might be like, I'll admit, but that still doesn't mean I'll take it seriously at all.

Nintendo Network ID: GamerDude23

WebHead

@MysteryMan23: I would imagine if real this thing would be $300-400 USD.

WebHead

haigh1011

What price do PS4's go for in th US at the moment?

haigh1011

WebHead

@haigh1011: usually $350, some places $300. They'll definitely be $300 this holiday. Base 500gb model I'm saying.

WebHead

rallydefault

@WebHead: Yea, you can get one for 300 bucks here if you are marginally patient.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic