Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 48,261 to 48,280 of 70,066

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea ive been re-playing cadence of hyrule for the 4th time but as Octavo just to hold me over. Also a little bit of nba 2k playgrounds 2. Sounds like bio will be by main until Tuesday

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

I like Prime 1 out of the Prime Trilogy the most though I haven't played Prime 3 in like 11 or 12 years. Did consider playing it again back in 2018 but then those Prime Trilogy Switch rumours appeared which felt believable at the time as Prime 4 felt like the kind of game you'd show off at the Game Awards. The rumours for it coming this year however don't feel believable as Prime 4 was restarted only 16 months ago.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tyranexx

I played Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii U after buying it off the eShop via a My Nintendo discount. I loved it, so much so that I'd consider double dipping for it on the Switch. Something I don't do often.

@NintendoByNature I tried the demo of Cadence of Hyrule more than once, but I just couldn't get into it lol. I don't think rhythm games are my thing. Seems like we're in a similar boat where XC is concerned. As long as it arrives by this point. XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

DenDen

@NintendoByNature
What did you think of cadence of hyrule?
I really loved it! So much love for the franchise !

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

rallydefault

Cadence of Hyrule is a fantastic little game. I wish it was a bit bigger, but I've beaten it with all the characters. I also wish there were more varied rhythms that you had to learn throughout the overworld and dungeons - I feel like 99% of the screens are the same rhythm even if the overlying songs are different. Still a very good game, though.

rallydefault

link3710

@Grumblevolcano If it really was completed or almost completed then it's quite possible they'll put out in to fill in COVID gaps. I doubt it was planned for this year though.

That said, Prime 4 was publically announced as restarted 16 months ago, so it probably was restarted closer to 20 or so. There's no way they didn't wait to see that development was on track at Retro before announcing they'd taken it over. That would put it as targeting somewhere between Holiday 2021-Winter 2022 (~40-50 months of dev time), so if it was planned for next year or early the year after Trilogy may have been planned for this year after all.

But with 2D Metroid rumors so strong? I feel like they wouldn't release two metroid games in one year, so I'm guessing it was/is planned for next year, with Prime 4 the year after that.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@DenDen it's in my top 10 zelda list so that's saying something as zelda is my favorite series. I absolutely love the game to bits. The first play through was kind of hard, but I've gotten used to it and can beat the game in about 3.5 hours. It just feels like you're playing an altered dimension of Alttp or Minish Cap, two games I really love.

@rallydefault I can agree with you on that. It's all the same rhythm. Have you tried playing as Octavo yet? You get some different abilities. Story line is slightly different.

NintendoByNature

DenDen

@NintendoByNature its high in my list as wel.
Did you ever consider to speedrun it?
What was your favorite character to use?
Favorite zone?
Wasnt that hard at the start for me I played the original games and they are a lot harder haha

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

NintendoByNature

@DenDen i haven't really tried to do a real speedrun, but I do try and beat it as quickly as possible. My best time was my last play through of 3.5 hours. Link is my favorite, but zelda is a close second. From what I recall she has the best weapon in the game that I noticed. Royal Napier? I can't recall exactly.

I do like the feel and music of gerudo valley probabaly the most.

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@NintendoByNature
I did start with Octavo and got maybe halfway through. It was a few months ago so I'm not sure. I may have actually beaten it with him because now I'm remembering some different story stuff at the end. He is definitely different, though not quite as different as the hidden character.

rallydefault

AndyD

borderlands all downloaded, xcom2 all downloaded, and xenoblade updated and playing minecraft dungeons play through with my older son...now which to play first? first world problems.

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

JaxonH

Metroid Prime Trilogy will likely be 2021/2022 with MP4 having been pushed back. But that 2D Metroid game could come this year, with Prime Trilogy next year or early in the year after, and Prime 4 in late 2023

Didn’t like Cadence of Hyrule. Couldn’t even get past the first 20-30 min it was so hard. And I know it had that other mode where you didn’t have to move with the rhythm but that kind of defeats the whole point.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH I had the same issues with the first 30 min. I kept dying all the time. And It's only because you don't have enough hearts. Give it another try when you can and use diamonds on hearts. Search for heart pieces, and eventually you'll get into it. Grab some bottles for potions. You're an avid enough gamer you'll get the hang of it

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@JaxonH
Cadence is the classic "tough at the beginning, easier as you go." It's like hard mode on Link's Awakening and similar titles. You start with so little that even though you're fighting weaker stuff in general it feels harder because you only have a few hearts, weapons, etc. But if you can get past that initial barrier, the rest of the game is a breeze even though you're technically fighting harder bosses and stuff; you just get so much equipment and more health (and POTIONS lol) that the game feels easy by the end, at least to me.

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

I couldn't get into Cadence, tried the demo and calibration always felt off. Good calibration is one of the most important things to get right when it comes to music games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano You can adjust the calibration though, both by a series of timed presses or manual sliders for adjustment of both audio and video timing if I remember correctly.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic