Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,761 to 47,780 of 70,011

link3710

Big news! Nintendo hasn't announced all their games releasing this year!

...This is only half a joke, because apparently someone from the company mentioning that has hit the front page of Reddit. I swear.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Xenoblade, XCOM 2, 51 Clubhouse Games, Wonderful 101 (still undecided whether to go digital + physical to get it early or just wait for the physical release). Bioshock and Burnout Paradise will be drought backup games, I imagine June will still have lots of 3rd party Switch announcements whether the no Direct rumour is true or not so I'll let those announcements decide what to get then.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Thatā€™s some good taste in games. I see you like to indulge in a wide spread like I do.

IDK if you played W101 on the Wii U, but it remains one of my favorite Platinum titles to this day. Itā€™s just so different than anything else out there. And I really appreciate games that are different. Donā€™t get me wrong, I like my JRPGā€™s and my shooters with gyro, I like my 2D platformerā€˜s... but variety is where itā€™s at. Wonderful 101, Trials Rising, Astral Chain, Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate... different games are usually some of my favorite. Bring on the Clubhouse games. I need my motion bowling.

Bioshock Im getting but, I really hope it has gyro like Borderlands. If it does Iā€™ll be more excited for it than Borderlands, if not, itā€™ll have to take a backseat to Borderlands. Burnout Paradise is day one though. As soon as it was announced for other platforms I held off, banking on a Switch release at some point. And here it is. As much as I respect GRID Autosport, arcade racing is more my thing. And aside from F2P, we donā€™t have a single good AAA arcade racer on the system. Burnout Paradise is very much welcome.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I bought it on Wii U but didn't really get around to playing it due to other games and then Nintendo made it clear most of the Wii U's library was being ported to Switch so I waited for a Switch port.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

No problem, @Tyranexx .... Did you see the reports around that Nintendo haven't cancelled Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime Trilogy & 4, etc, @link3710 & @NintendoByNature ? Like, who thought they had?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Tyranexx

I'd think if titles like that had been canceled, there'd be some sort of announcement. People are really thinking that those were axed? O_o

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Grumblevolcano

@Tyranexx Probably just another side effect of the info drought and rumours surrounding no June Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Tyranexx

@Grumblevolcano Most likely. But still, I treat rumors as that - rumors. It seems like more than a few people out there take them as fact most of the time....I need to have info straight from the horse's mouth and/or ample evidence before I'll believe a game rumor.

link3710

@Tyranexx The only rumors I've so bought into like that in the past few years (well, that haven't turned out to be true, I also believed stuff like Mario & Rabbids or the Switch being a hybrid when that leaked) were Metroid Prime Trilogy (which still might be real), Link's Awakening 3DS remake (which turned out to be a title for Switch... I am still on board the 'target platform was changed' because that was too coincidental), and Star Fox Racing (which... who knows what the deal with that was, possibly leaker bait) ones.

I think there's a level of sources that a leak can have that would make it rather likely to be true. But even so, I don't buy this Mario leak for a moment. I'm guessing it's more leaker bait in an attempt to stomp down on rumors. And then you have the completely unfounded rumors which... who knows why people believe those. I'm guessing it's because a lot of people are too uninformed to know the difference between something like the rumors above and the ones that just occur out of people misrepeating wishful thinking.

link3710

Tyranexx

@link3710 I do think there might be some truth to the Metroid Prime Trilogy rumor as it would make sense, particularly to help pad out the extra dev time for MP4. Fairly easy money for Nintendo if done right to appease Metroid fans. Heck, I'd double dip for it; I already have MPT as a digital Wii U title.

There are also the times when the internet makes something out of nothing. IIRC, some took an art piece of Mario on the beach a few years ago from a tweet and started thinking it was a hint that a Super Mario Sunshine remake was coming to the Switch within a few months.

JaxonH

The Mario Collection leak is pretty solid. Iā€™d be amazed if it wasnā€™t announced this year, along with 3D World.

Prime Trilogy I still believe in. Every single credible leader of the last 5 years stood behind it. That canā€™t be coincidence. I used to think Pikmin 3 was also a lock due to Emily Rogers ā€œWii U portsā€ leak. And there was one more unaccounted for. Figured it couldnā€™t be W101. Ruled out 3D World. Figured it had to be Pikmin 3. But now it seems it was 3D World after all.

I think Star Fox Racing was Retroā€™s cancelled game. I think it was scrapped and the ideas merged into StarLink as the racing DLC. But who knows.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@Tyranexx I remember that drawing. My guess was some sort of Sunshine world for either Odyssey DLC or Odyssey 2.

@JaxonH Not sure why you'd rule out 3D World? It seems like a lock that it was being save so it would come on a year they don't have anything major new for Mario. Not sure if that's this year or not but... Also yeah, the Mario collection seems solid, but it's on 'too good to be true' grounds for me. I'm calling leaker bait.

Oh and speaking of rumors, the Splatoon 2 new content / Splatoon 3 one seems almost certain. Nintendo's literally been putting out artwork with hidden messages in it (Save Our Salmon), that has to mean something.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
At the time, we were getting New Super Mario Bros U and Mario Maker 2, and Odyssey didnā€™t feel that far behind. Just seemed like too much Mario at the time.

Iā€™m not sure about Splatoon 3, just like Iā€™m not sure about Mario Kart 9. I think these games will not see new entries til next gen. But new content could definitely be in the cards for Splatoon. They did just do a splatfest all of a sudden

Cotillion

I'd think Metroid Prime trilogy would have been delayed due to Prime 4 being restarted as it'd be a good appetizer releasing it a few months ahead of 4. Or now it could be used to coincide with the announcement/first trailer of Prime 4. Whichever the case, I think the Trilogys release is tied to Prime 4 and that's why we haven't seen it yet.
I think Mario Kart 9 is pretty unlikely. MK8D is the Switch Mario Kart.
The Mario Collection.....well, I do think this is something that will happen, just not sure of what form it will take. The leak claimed most of Marios history in one collection didn't it? That just seems to good to be true. 3D World seems obvious, with or without the leak.

Cotillion

JaxonH

@Cotillion
Not Marioā€™s whole history, just three 3D games in a collection similar to All Stars on SNES with 2D games. Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy.

Grumblevolcano

The sudden appearance of stuff like the MK8 Deluxe tournaments, ARMS trial and the Splatfest I can't figure out if it's something to do with new content coming soon or just Nintendo trying to increase NSO subscription numbers.

ARMS feels like the most likely of the 3 to get a new game or new content announced soon as wouldn't adding an ARMS character to Smash be a wasted slot in Nintendo's opinion otherwise? Apart from Banjo, the rest of Fighters Pass 1 were promo picks though I guess you could call Banjo a promo of the Xbox brand as Joker was promotion for a PS4 exclusive.

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Honestly, I don't think Joker was a promo pick. More that they wanted a Persona rep, and Joker was the most qualified candidate. And um... what was Terry Bogard promoting? He was released about halfway between KoF releases, and neither is coming to Switch. The only ones that were Promo picks were Hero (who's only a promo pick in that the DQ11 hero was the face rather than Erdrick), and Byleth (fully a promo pick, no other reason to include them)

And I don't think it's flagging NSO, I think they're trying to make up for the fact that there's a deficit of new games coming out. By providing new, low labor content in Splatoon 2, MK8, and ARMS, while also having more serious continuing content in Animal Crossing, Smash Bros, and Pokemon Sword and Shield, they're hoping to keep people engaged while they're all stuck at home and there's little to no new games coming out.

Plus, there's been a surge in Switch interest thanks to Animal Crossing + everyone being stuck at home, so these promotions help encourage sales of the games people missed out on.

link3710

link3710

@JaxonH Galaxy + Galaxy 2 makes 4 games.

@Cotillion It did specify most of the history, but not in one release. No one knows what games will be in which releases. My guess is if it's true we'll see Super Mario All-Stars released on NSO circa June, Super Mario Land 1&2 be included with the launch of Gameboy on NSO circa September, the aforementioned packs of either 64+Sunshine and Galaxy 1+2 or all four, and a port of Super Mario 3D World. That would be only 2-3 paid releases, yet cover the entire Mario platformer history (when combined with the existing releases of Yoshi's Island, SMB World, NSMBU + LU DX and Odyssey) save the three NSMB not on Switch.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic