Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,461 to 46,480 of 69,997

NintendoByNature

@toiletduck it was kind of silent for sure. I think gamexplain did a video on it. The big bonus is that knuckles is playable from what i saw. But more or less, it's sonic 2 which I've played to death since I was about 7. I'll be picking it up but waiting on the inevitable sale.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

This is cool. I've been waiting on a Switch version.

It's a neat announcement. Too bad it couldn't be incorporated into... I don't know, a show of sorts? Where they announce upcoming games? A livestream, perhaps, direct to you from Nintendo? They could call it a Nintendo... Direct.

Nah. What am I saying? Clearly announcements being gleaned from twitter posts and South Korean Rating Board leaks is the way to go.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TuVictus

I got Sonic Mania on sale. They really nailed the presentation of the old games, but the music leaves alot to be desired, imo

TuVictus

MuhBael

Is quite the opposite for me, i have both a gaming PC and Switch but im more into AAA games than anything else so when games like Resident Evil 2 Remake or GTAV don't come to the Switch it is quite annoying. That said, so far there are 5 games that interest me this year and Resident Evil 3 Remake is the only one not coming to Switch. But yeah, overall PC has more games that interest me so the Switch alone wouldn't be able to satisfy me.

MuhBael

My Nintendo: Martin685

toiletduck

@NintendoByNature cool thanks. I'll probably do the same thing. I've never really played it; I was a Nintendo guy but one of my best friends did. I'll probably get it if I know he's coming over to play some games.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

NintendoByNature

@toiletduck there ya go. I'm sure it'll be on sale in the next couple of months. Then go out and grab it 😉

NintendoByNature

toiletduck

@NintendoByNature sure will! Remind me to have a chat again on the subject by then

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

NintendoByNature

@toiletduck I'm usually checking the sales tab on the eshop. So I'll let you know when i see it. Since I'll probably grab it myself too.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

Upcoming Switch games i found from playasia. They are ports from PS4.
Untitled
Untitled

Untitled

Anti-Matter

Maaryotyme

@Anti-Matter wow. Games look fantastic. Who needs a direct when we have games like these for our switch. 😉

Edited on by Maaryotyme

Maaryotyme

link3710

@La-weejee I know you're being sarcastic but Adam's Venture has some genuinely fantastic artwork there, despite the fact that I know nothing of the game itself.

link3710

Maaryotyme

@link3710 it wasn’t for me. Played it over 3 years ago. Wouldn’t recommend but truck driver. The switch needs this 😉

Maaryotyme

Heavyarms55

I mean, sometimes simple is best. But "Truck Driver" sounds like the title for an Atari 2600 game made in like 1978. lol

Also, I think Nintendo would be absolutely out of their minds to release a successor to Switch that isn't another hybrid device. But they made the Switch Lite, so... I wouldn't rule it out. I wont say I wouldn't buy it, but I think it would really need something amazing to make losing that hybrid functionality worth it.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

link3710

@Heavyarms55 I think having seen how little impact the Switch Lite had relatively speaking (just looking at stock issues alone clearly the Lite was overstocked and the OG was understocked at launch), has probably shown NIntendo just how important the hybrid approach is.

link3710

NotTelevision

I don’t have much hope for something simply called “Truck Driver” to be a good sim experience, but I would like something similar to Euro Truck Simulator 2 to come to Switch. I was playing it for a while on PC and it can be engrossing just shifting the gears and operating the various mechanisms in the truck.

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

@link3710 I'd very much like to think so.

Ralizah

The Lite has sold reasonably well, but it hasn't displaced the demand for the hybrid model at all. So there's no reason to think they won't repeat this strategy with a successor. The hybrid form factor clearly has staying power, and, given the fact that it doesn't cannibalize its older brother's sales at all, the Lite is basically just extra money. It also fills that crucial "budget handheld" niche that the 3DS/2DS XL used to occupy.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Heavyarms55

@Ralizah I can agree with this mindset. I'd still very much be open to a premium version of the Switch as well. So long as the hybrid nature of the device remains.

DannyBoi

Are the Joycons on the revised Switch more power effecient? They seem to drain slower.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

NintendoByNature

Just watched gamexplains review of mega man z/x collection on switch. Nothing but good things to say about it, it seems. Looks like I'll grab this next week..

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic