Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 3,581 to 3,600 of 70,082

IceClimbers

Yeah arrogant Sony is back it seems. Who replaced Adam Boyes as head of 3rd party relations?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TuVictus

@Octane I'll have too wait and see before I start thinking xbox is pointless. I personally think it'll still have its usual market simply because, usually, consoles are just easier to buy than PC's. But maybe I underestimate the market's willingness to just build a PC.

TuVictus

DjLewe78

Back to NX absolutely no body saw the Mario Run announcement coming..We were all convinced NX would be their next reveal. This to me means they have focused on that event above the NX reveal. So I think preparation is now under way for the NX presentation. I'm impressed with Nintendo because they have constantly said they are not competing with MS or PS.
So why would they announce a new system in the same time frame as a competitor. That would suggest they are very much competing.
We have more surprises in store in the not to distant future. Nintendo are evolving in to something completely different and I'm prepared to wait.

1 up !

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Untitled

This Tweet supposedly went up on Amazon but got yanked down just as quick. I don't know if it's real, if it is then it would suggest that they're perhaps sticking with the NX name.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

DefHalan

@SLIGEACH_EIRE can't see the image

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TuVictus

Me either. What was in it?

TuVictus

Octane

@Operative True, as I said, I don't think Xbox will disappear for that reason, but for the a gamer who already owns a good PC? There's literally no point in Xbox anymore. Maybe that group is too small to make an impact, I don't know, but losing your exclusives is never a good thing I think, not for the hardware sales.

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Yeah, I'd like to know too.

Octane

SLIGEACH_EIRE

It says "Nintendo NX Launch Bundle pre-orders open September 21, Launches March 25"

Then a url below to the deal. Can ye not see the image?

SLIGEACH_EIRE

DefHalan

@SLIGEACH_EIRE We still can't see the image, when i right click to open in a new tab it takes me to IGN login. The pre-orders are probably just temp until they get actual information on it. I have seen that happen before.

GrailUK

@Octane That is a great point. How does it work though? Is it the PC version you will be playing on the PC or the Xbox version? (That is probably a noobie question lol!). But either way, are Microsoft trying to nick Steams 30% take on sales by buying games through Microsoft store instead?

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

TuVictus

I'm thinking it's just Amazon getting the jump on pre-orders and nothing to do with the real name. Remember Gamestop started taking pre-orders for the NX about a year ago. But ya never know.

TuVictus

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Here's the image again. This time ye should have no problem seeing it.

Untitled

SLIGEACH_EIRE

DefHalan

@SLIGEACH_EIRE We can see it now. I guess the only question is, what do they mean by bundle?

TuVictus

Good point. Could it truly be a handheld/home console bundle, but also sold separately?

More likely it's a bundle with a game, but anything's possible at this point.

TuVictus

MarcelRguez

@DefHalan Yeah, that definitely has some significance, but I don't think we can draw many conclusions from it. Hopefully the reveal comes sooner than later.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

DefHalan

I can't wait to play NX Sports in that NX Bundle!!! please don't hurt me people, it was a joke

DefHalan

MarcelRguez

@DefHalan I wouldn't be against it, to be honest, altough it wouldn't transmit a good message. (Talking about NX Sports here, not about releasing the NX on a Saturday)

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic