Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 34,621 to 34,640 of 70,008

gcunit

I got a pleasant surprise today, as apart from instore stuff, the only Switch advertising I've ever seen has been on TV/Youtube, but driving along today I saw an advertising hoarding on the roadside by a filling station bearing none other than a large Diablo III picture, with a Switch logo in the corner. Made my day. Kinda.

Might have to get the game now...

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

Ouch, Katamari Damacy Reroll launches along with a demo on December 7th (same day as Smash Ultimate).

Announcement is at the end of the video.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

Competing with Smash Ultimate?

R.I.P. Katamari.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

EvilLucario

Man, I worry for Ultimate. Katamari releasing on the same day is going to hurt its sales.

I expect Ultimate to only sell 100k copies on release day now. :^]

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

You know, I was going to wait for the Switch version of DQXI, but looking at it running at 60fps on PC with the orchestral music mod... I'm thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to pulling the trigger on that version of the game.

I might wait a bit longer in case we get more details about the Switch version. I really like playing my JRPGs on portable systems.

Edited on by Ralizah

HobbitGamer

I mean, at least Katamari will get one sale from me on launch day. $30 is a great price, too.
ROYAL RAINBOW! bwaaaaaaaaaaa

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

EvilLucario

@Ralizah I'm just gonna wait for the Switch version tbh. 60fps and better music quality is nice and all, but like you I love my RPGs portable.

I have too many games to play anyway, so waiting ain't a problem for me.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

I'd say just forget about it. There's so many other great games to play, just let it come whenever it comes. It doesn't really matter if it's next holiday or the one after- the game is going to be just as fun no matter when you play it. And if you know you're going to enjoy it most on Switch, and you know you're going to enjoy it just as much no matter when you play it, then just wait for it until you can play it on Switch. A penny saved is a penny earned. A game not played today is a game you can still play and enjoy on Switch tomorrow (but a game played today is one less Switch game to enjoy tomorrow). One way or another, you will play and enjoy that game. Given that reassuring fact, I haven't had a split second thought about it. I know it'll come when it comes, and when it does, I'll enjoy it.

Until then... it's Diablo 3. It's Monster Hunter Gen Ultimate. It's Dark Souls. It's Civilization VI. It's World of Final Fantasy. It's Smash Ultimate. It's Xenoblade 2 Torna. It's NSMBU. It's Yoshis Crafted World. It's Fire Emblem Three Houses. It's Daemon X Machina. It's Red Dead 2. It's the full 2019 lineup and it's the deep, dark backlog.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

bluemage1989

JaxonH wrote:

I'd say just forget about it. There's so many other great games to play, just let it come whenever it comes. It doesn't really matter if it's next holiday or the one after- the game is going to be just as fun no matter when you play it. And if you know you're going to enjoy it most on Switch, and you know you're going to enjoy it just as much no matter when you play it, then just wait for it until you can play it on Switch. A penny saved is a penny earned. A game not played today is a game you can still play and enjoy on Switch tomorrow (but a game played today is one less Switch game to enjoy tomorrow). One way or another, you will play and enjoy that game. Given that reassuring fact, I haven't had a split second thought about it. I know it'll come when it comes, and when it does, I'll enjoy it.

Until then... it's Diablo 3. It's Monster Hunter Gen Ultimate. It's Dark Souls. It's Civilization VI. It's World of Final Fantasy. It's Smash Ultimate. It's Xenoblade 2 Torna. It's NSMBU. It's Yoshis Crafted World. It's Fire Emblem Three Houses. It's Daemon X Machina. It's Red Dead 2. It's the full 2019 lineup and it's the deep, dark backlog.

Amen!! This feels to me the best release schedule we've had for a Nintendo console since the N64. Were still a long way from the nes/snes days but its still going strong.

bluemage1989

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah I'd say wait and if the Switch version gets cancelled at least the other versions will be very cheap by then.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

@bluemage1989 @JaxonH Please allow me to ‘third’, kind sirs.
There’s so many games out and coming, I’m starting to forget unless I put them on my desk calendar at work. I don’t remember the last time that happened. Couple that with the constant eShop sales, and I’ve always got some to play and not feel the least bit let down. (I also just grabbed Earthworms for $2.79 with coins, enjoyed the demo awhile back)

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

@HobbitGamer
Btw...
By owning e-shop games in the Micro SD Card, do you think i feel "owning" the games in Physical (The Physical thing is the Micro SD Card with a lot of e-shop games inside) ?
Like, i can pretend i have e-shop games in Physical media , as long my Micro SD card is fine and i can swap with another Micro SD Card with other e-shop games inside to pretend i'm switching the game carts before playing.

Anti-Matter

bluemage1989

@HobbitGamer I was going to list everything I have yet to play and what I'm looking forward to but it would just be to big and I'd forget half of them anyway needless to say I'm very happy with the variety, amount and quality of games now and going forward.

One thing that has stood out for me is how many non Nintendo fans have bought into the Switch. When I look at my friends list I'm seeing a fair few people who have bought no first party games but have plenty of hours logged in NBA 2K, Rocket League, WWE, FIFA, Skyrim, Wolfenstein, Minecraft, Doom, Star Link, Diablo 3 and various JRPGs. Makes me hopeful the support will continue.

bluemage1989

Grumblevolcano

@Anti-Matter Not really, you have to switch off the console before changing microSD cards otherwise data may get corrupted. Also when a microSD card is present, the system automatically downloads any updates and DLC for physical games to it rather than the system memory.

The digital strategy that causes the least damage is having as few microSD cards as possible. So like as you pick up physical whenever possible, you may be best with something like a 128GB microSD card that'll last you years of the Switch's lifespan.

Grumblevolcano

BrainOfGrimlock

I was going to come here and recommend ‘This War of Mine’ for anyone who’s never played it/never heard of it/fancies a very different kind of game, having seen it appear under ‘coming soon’ on the eshop however i’ve got to ask what on earth is going on lately with some of the eShop indie game prices?

(Bear with me as all my prices are in $AU) This War of Mine - which has been out a good while on other platforms is listed at $60...?! I Admittedly it’s the complete edition, but even at full Steam price I can buy it + all dlc for ~$20 less, without factoring in it’s been on sale for <$10 multiple times? I’m not just trying to single this one title out, there’s quite a few examples - but when you’re an indie game trying to stand out, surely you’ve got to be smarter and put your price in the ‘sweet spot/impulse purchase’ zone? I know that’ll be different for each of us, but even as a huge supporter of indies I won’t consider taking the plunge at that price unless it gets Smash levels of coverage etc?

Compare it to Hollow Knight which is still only $17 for example; I’ll likely be called an idiot but I bought it on my xbox again purely because I felt the dev deserved more money for giving me such a great experience/free dlc and having set the price so cheap.

Maybe i’m wrong & they’ll sell loads of copies & make a fortune... I just don’t get it?

BrainOfGrimlock

Ralizah

I definitely have enough going on right now. Still in the middle of Valkyria 4 (I keep going back to perfect levels, and this keeps unlocking new squad stories and whatnot). I'm two chapters deep into Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice (ostensibly the longest game in the series, based on what I've heard). I'm in the middle of Digital Devil Saga and Okami HD. I still need to play more of Dead Nation. I've only completed three of the six games in the first Mega Man Legacy Collection. And I still want to get Smash, Phantasy Star, and the Sega Classics Collection.

And that's not to mention the rest of my backlog and stuff releasing in 2019.

I guess waiting won't hurt.

darkfenrir

If the prices are that far apart, I would just buy something else Right now I'm still going over Touhou Genso Wanderer anyway (which I still feel the review here didn't give it justice). And after that, there's still TWEWY and Torna and Shining Resonance waiting :/ So many games, so little time.

darkfenrir

Grumblevolcano

I have a lot of games in my "wait until more backlog is cleared before purchasing" list. By the time I get around to buying MHGU, Capcom may have announced a new MH game for Switch for example.

Grumblevolcano

TuVictus

Just got undertale on the switch. Hoping it breaks my gaming funk

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic