Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 34,621 to 34,640 of 35,793

Joeynator3000

@NEStalgia Something very weird and oddly fun. lol

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep the main channel PG-ish.

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

JaxonH

@Ralizah
can't stand stuff like Back to the Future, The Princess Bride, or The Godfather. I love platformers, but I don't care for Super Mario World or Super Mario 64, and I think the original DKC trilogy is wildly overrated. So it goes with JRPGs

Who let this guy in? 😂

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna, Super Mario Party
N3DS:
PS4pro/PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Spoony_Tech

JaxonH wrote:

@Ralizah
can't stand stuff like Back to the Future, The Princess Bride, or The Godfather. I love platformers, but I don't care for Super Mario World or Super Mario 64, and I think the original DKC trilogy is wildly overrated. So it goes with JRPGs

Who let this guy in? 😂

It's as if someone hijacked his account.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

IceClimbers

That's just sacrilege.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

-Green-

So, since TGS is going on right, what are chances we’ll hear about Monsta Hunta at the event. Something new, like they did last year iirc.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ralizah

@-Green- Doubtful. They'll probably have a new Ace Attorney to reveal and maybe more ports, but Monster Hunter World just came out this year, and they're still focused on providing post-launch support for that. Also, MHGU is relatively new as well. I'm not saying there isn't one in development for Switch, but I doubt we'll hear about it before 2020, at least. They don't seem to announce these games until they're near-ish to release.

Only thing I could see is a port of something like MH Stories, but I don't think that one sold very well.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

tobibra

I'm looking forward to Omega labyrinth life. Looks good

tobibra

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Whoh new avatar! Srsly, who are you?

That is some remarkably disjointed contrarianism that follows no actual pattern or theme

I'm picturing you now as somebody with thick hornrim glasses, an empty MacBook case, symbolizing the hollowness of Apple's corporate hegemony, and a Starbucks cup "ironically" filled with Folgers. You would identify as a hipster, but you don't, because hipsters are too mainstream.

Indeed, the DualShock suits you.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

I mean I have some unpopular "hipster" opinions too. For one, I think Octopath Traveler's graphics are nothing but a safe artstyle to invoke the feelings of "oooh SNES graphix!" with overbearing bloom. And it's not even a new or novel concept with what they did, Xenogears did it first AND with a rotating camera. It still looks fine, but it isn't the paragon of RPG graphics at all.

And I also think most shooters are boring and crappy. The only ones I enjoy are those like Splatoon and Doom where the gameplay breaks free of the normal shooter design with interesting mechanics and design. Overwatch blows though.

The biggest one is that I think 3D Sonic is legitimately fantastic. Adventure 1 + 2 and Heroes are fantastic games that got a lot of overblown hate focusing on specific elements way too much. Plus, they actually ran at 60fps while Mario was at 30fps for 64 and Sunshine :^]

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

@NEStalgia I don't think hipsters ever actually identify as hipsters, do they? It's a label others impose on them.

Anyway, I won't be surprised if I look back into your history and find out that a rogue DualShock 4 ran a car over your dog or something.

@EvilLucario I liked Sonic Adventure a LOT back in the day. One thing that still blows my mind is able to play Chao Adventure on the VMU. Seemed really cool and futuristic at the time, and, honestly, I still think it's a really neat trick.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Yeah, Adventure 1 was so good. Both Adventure 1 and 2 are rough around the edges today, but damn are they still fun to play.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Ralizah LOL, no a rouge DualShock for couldn't run a car over a dog. The triggers are too mushy and the deadzones are too wide for that kind of control. (bada bing!)

Yeah I just bought Sonic Adventure 1&2 on the XBox BC sale the other day. So far they're really amazing for what they are.

NEStalgia

FaeKnight

NEStalgia wrote:

@Ralizah LOL, no a rouge DualShock for couldn't run a car over a dog. The triggers are too mushy and the deadzones are too wide for that kind of control. (bada bing!)

Yeah I just bought Sonic Adventure 1&2 on the XBox BC sale the other day. So far they're really amazing for what they are.

Why would you have a controller made of red makeup anyway?!

Unless you meant a rogue dualshock controller.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Yosheel

Maybe he meant a red controller.

From France.

Edited on by Yosheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

Yosheel wrote:

Maybe he meant a red controller.

From France.

I cyan what you did there...

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/faq/

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Spoony_Tech

So I bought Banner Saga trilogy physical today and 1 and 2 are playable without an update. Looks like whatever the size of the last game is will be the dl. I think it was around 6 gigs.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Don't think Dark Souls is my type of game honestly.

Anyways I've got about $16 worth in gold points that don't expire until sometime next year but not sure what to put it towards. Got a bit of a backlog going too so I'm not in a huge rush to buy anything right now either

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

EvilLucario

Dark Souls is fantastic. It's literally a 3D Castlevania, how can you not like that????

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic