Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 14,301 to 14,320 of 70,125

antster1983

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Yep, the official press release states the game is coming to all three consoles (PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch) and is due for release in late August 2017.

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano They can run overtime slightly. It explicitly says Treehouse is "AROUND" 9:30, while Spotlight is a hard 9:00.

@MarcelRguez having a a game tie-in between two consoles wouldn't be strange, they used to do that sort of thing a lot back in the day, with Game Boy tie-in titles and such. Or lesser NES versions of a 3rd party game that weren't even the same game as the SNES one, etc. I could see the potential for Pikmin 4 + Hey Pikmin being tied together (get the Hey Pikmin fans on 3DS to want a Switch, etc.) I don't think it WILL have Pikmin 4 this year, but I don't think it would be prevented by Hey Pikmin.

@SLIGEACH_EIRE That's awesome it reminds me of SNES era movie tie ins that were only vaguely related to the movie at all, and ended up far more memorable than they films they represented

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@MarcelRguez
It sounds more complex than it is.

They understand what I'm talking about, even if you dont. Any Joe Blow who's made it through high school knows how exponential functions work and what a quadratic is. And even if a person doesn't, the graph makes it pretty clear exactly what I'm conveying.

We're having a meaningful conversation here. So please.

@Ralizah
I agree, and as I said earlier those things do correlate with fun. They're important indicators. All I'm saying is they're not everything. Ultimately, that fun factor is still at play, and even if it can't accurately be quantified, it can be proportionately compared with that of other games. It shouldn't be outright ignored, is what I'm saying

Idk, maybe 2-3 points out of the 10 should be tied to a "fun factor" consideration. Just an idea.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH So how about that Nintendo Switch? You know, the thing this thread is about?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

meleebrawler

The only way to keep talking about Switch related things on this thread would be to delete all the other Switch game threads. Because talking about just the system itself is boring, especially now that all of it's specs are no longer secret.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

JaxonH

@meleebrawler
Pretty much. Topics generally centers around Switch in this thread, in fact they almost exclusively do... but sometimes dynamic discussions emerge. It happens.

Nothing worth having a meltdown over..

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Qwertyninty

I will say this that supposed leaked E3 document is what I would be expecting from Nintendo. They need something along those line to really show people they are serious with switch. I mean they need more games and diverse game. I'm loving what I am hearing so far though.

Qwertyninty

MarcelRguez

@JaxonH I absolutely understand what you're talking about. I also understand that the BS you're spreading is detrimental to the popular perception of the medium and that the whole conversation isn't meaningful in the slightest and that you don't seem to realize this. Go read some Zimmerman, or Bogost, or something.

Moving on, unless you want to direct me to the post where I insulted you.

@NEStalgia You're going to have to tell me of an example of that done with a franchise as niche as Pikmin, because I can't come up with many examples. Metroid, maybe, back during the Prime/Fusion days?

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Ralizah

@BLP_Software
Untitled

Those joycons are sure something, huh?

Boy howdy!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@MarcelRguez
It's meaningful to me and everyone else having the discussion.

Your accusation of me "spreading BS detrimental to the medium" would be laughable if it wasn't for your constant combative hostility and assertion any opinion other than your own is not only wrong, but now somehow "harming the industry".

Nobody's "spreading" anything. We're having a discussion. Kindly butt out if you don't have anything constructive to add

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@MarcelRguez

Your attempt to suddenly convince me and those reading that you're intelligent now doesn't surprise me at all. I see right through you. You're convincing no one. Know that

You've instigated enough arguments and made enough baseless accusations and insults and for my liking. I never use the ignore feature, but I see a consistent lack of value in everything you say. To the point civil discussion is a lost cause. So I'm going to use it now. Goodbye.

Edited on by JaxonH

NEStalgia

@JaxonH "quadratics" @MarcelRguez "Zimmerman or Bogost"

You guys play Splatoon 1? #TeamScience vs. #TeamArt battle right here.

@Qwertyninty How many years have there been "leaked E3 documents"? How many years have those documents been right when it comes to Nintendo? Those guys know how to run a tight ship (when their hardware partners aren't betraying them by leaking things )

@MarcelRguez I can't think of one particularly for niche franchises, but Miyamoto still treats Pikmin as a major franchise even if sales don't reflect that. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, have several handheld/console tie-ins since the GB days, along with some third party examples (Castlevania comes to mind.) There's also softer/subtler situations like the Yoshi's Cookie puzzle game to give Yoshi a tie in on the NES when he made his SMW debut on SNES. "Small" games on a handheld of an IP getting a bigger game on the home console (even if it's a home console you can take with you on the go) is a Nintendo classic move. (I still don't think we're getting Pikmin 4 next week, but that's just more a hunch than anything to do with the Hey! Pikmin game.

@BLP_Software Melee has a point. This thread started as an NX rumor thread. Now that we've had our switches for a quarter of the year (wow time flies!) there's not much to talk about hardware-wise other than accessories, problems, and stock. Everything else crosses from the E3 thread, game threads, and other random topics. This started from the ARMS reviews

@Ralizah Just when that image was finally burned out of my mind you had to bring it back. You are a horrible, horrible person.

NEStalgia

MarcelRguez

JaxoH wrote:

You've instigated enough arguments and made enough baseless accusations and insults and for my liking.

Trying to smear other people as your closing argument isn't a good look, you know. Previous posts of mine such as this one were hardly confrontational, it's very manipulative of you to pretend all our interactions have been like this. For sure, I'm a person of very strong convictions and I will defend my positions to death, but I never get into personal territory. I also don't go around muting people just because they challenge my world-view.

Can't say the same about you, I guess.

@NEStalgia That was a genuine recommendation, I didn't threw those names around for nothing. Seriously, if you're even remotely interested in the topic, look something of theirs up. It's much more interesting than talking about how many points in the 0-10 scale should belong to the 'fun' category.

And okay about the tie-in games. I'm not that aware of older (read: pre-Wii) release schedules at all.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

meleebrawler

The real irony here is that by ''discussing fun'', we end up causing misery. No wonder children are much better at having it.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Ralizah

It's simultaneously amusing and a bit alarming how earnestly upset people got when they learned the Nintendo spotlight would only be 30 minutes. Like, isn't there some value in the console as it currently stands even if Nintendo doesn't announce every big upcoming project coming over the next five or so years?

@meleebrawler Hey, at least it didn't end up like that "20 year old dudes are the one's buying the Switch" thread... or the comment section for the article on JonTron's voice being censored from Yooka Laylee.

@NEStalgia
"Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it." - Ralizah, 2017

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MarcelRguez

@Ralizah Out of everything people could be up in arms (heh) for, they are upset because of that? Why? We had a very packed 30' Direct not that long ago.

Ralizah wrote:

Hey, at least it didn't end up like that "20 year old dudes are the one's buying the Switch" thread...

Oh, come on. Did I miss something big?

Edit: Jeez, and people think this thread gets off-topic.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

IceClimbers

@Ralizah The funny thing is that I don't think the Switch is doomed if E3 doesn't really have any major surprises despite the meltdowns on here, Gaf, and reddit. There's still quite a few great games coming up anyways and Super Mario Odyssey will dominate conversations around E3 like Zelda did last year.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Qwertyninty

@NEStalgia

I don't know if you remember the leaked game list from before the big switch reveal I believe in January. People saw a game called arms about fighter with long stretchy arms and had a good laugh at that fake... well it turned out to be real. So more than likely it's fake but there could be a game or two on there that is a real title. We will see. All I am saying it they need a list of games like that to really hit home how serious they are about making the switch "the" console to own.

Qwertyninty

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
Post-Iwata-era Directs seem to be straight and to the point. I imagine they'll fit quite a bit in that 30 minutes. Rapid fire style (only without previews for what's next).

Think a lot of their e3 Directs were only 30-40 minutes in the past anyways. It's not a lot of time, but if it's quick and snappy trailers and on to the next, there'll be plenty to show. Besides, Arms won't be showcased long since its releasing that Friday. So really, that leaves Xenoblade 2, FE Warriors, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey, a pack of 3DS games and whatever new games they announce. Skyrim, Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter... all that could likely be shown by the respective 3rd parties.

Say 12 min for known Switch games, and 8 min for known 3DS games, with 10 min for new announcements.

The details will come after from Treehouse.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic