Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 2,207

Hyperpuma

Hi, would anyone be able to recommend a good RPG for switch? I've been looking at Tales of Vesperia but I don't know if it suits my tastes. I generally hate standard, grindy JRPGs. To give you an idea, I tried Bravely Default years ago and could not play it for more than 2 hours. Turn-based is ok, even SRPGs like Fire Emblem are fine.

What do you guys think?

Hyperpuma

GeoChrome

@Hyperpuma Would recommend Octopath if you don’t have it already or the Final Fantasy rereleases. Other than that, Wargroove.

@Arbor I remember Blossom Tales was said to have been a great Zelda clone, but that’s just based on reviews and whatnot. I had a great time with Oceanhorn on my phone, which is a more traditional Zelda clone. I would recommend it on Switch if you can handle the price hike.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

darkfenrir

Octopath is very grindy though... Especially if you want to kill last boss

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

@Hyperpuma Valkyria Chronicles is a great strategy RPG. Though it's more strategy than RPG.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 doesn't require any grind unless going for side content, where it can get grindy.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

@darkfenrir The first three Ace Attorney games are classics of the adventure game genre and should be experienced by everyone who is open to that sort of experience. They're about as ideal as you can get to "gateway games" for the genre, due to their broad accessibility.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

darkfenrir

@Ralizah Aaah, alright then, I guess time to save up for the Trilogy (still unsure on Switch or Steam, but I guess I'm picking this up)

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

My sisters LOVE Ace Attorney. It's probably the first video game series my younger sister got into on her own accord and not just something I played.

I only did Case 1 of the first game, but it was really clicking with me. I should ask her for her copy to play...

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

One thing I really love about the series is the sense of continuity it maintains with its characters. While playing Spirit of Justice recently, the sixth mainline entry in the series, it kind of blew my mind when I realized that Maya Fey, who is a young teenager in the original game, was a practically thirty year old woman in that newest entry. A character who was a small child in the original trilogy is now a young woman just entering adulthood. Edgeworth and Wright are both pushing middle age. And the game broadly accounts for the swath of their histories, and even goes out of its way to reconcile the new characters and stories of the second trilogy with the original in a way that makes that universe feel connected. This extends to the spinoffs, too, where minor, mostly forgotten side characters in the main trilogy can have important roles to play in, say, the Investigations series, and it maintains a sense of their changing identities over the years.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Zephyr-q

Are there any good multiplayer FPS games for the Switch, outside of Paladins and (i'm assuming) Doom?

Zephyr-q

Chimaj

@HeroOfCybertron Did you get Figment? I was quite disapointed with it. I find it slow, not very challenging and quite short. Though the music, art and story are nice. But I had higher hopes for this one.

Chimaj

HeroOfCybertron

@Chimaj No I didn't get Figment, I started thinking if I actually wanted it or not and thought that if I did get I wouldn't like it very much and then some other games came along on sale that I wanted more so I just stopped wanting to get Figment after that.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong

Joeynator3000

...Okay, I DESPISE the Rabbids, those stupid "BAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"'s...but...strategy games.
sighs
Mario + Rabbids, should I? lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

GeoChrome

@Joeynator3000 I hate the Rabbids, but Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is one of the best Switch games. Highly recommended.

Joeynator3000

Mainly asking because the Gold Edition is apparently $25 at the moment. lol

Do you know how long the sale will last?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

GeoChrome

It should say when in the eShop

Diddy64

Apologies if this sounds like something strange or uncommon to ask, but is there something different between Mario + Rabbits normal version from the Gold Edition? I don't have the game and sometimes I don't go to game stores in months.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

GeoChrome

@SamusLv7 The Gold Edition is just the game + all of the DLC.

Diddy64

@GyroZeppeli Oh, so that's the difference. That sounds nice as I mostly want to play Mario + Rabbits just to play the DLC of DK Adventure, though what I have saw from the main game looks nice too. Thanks for telling me.

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

HeroOfCybertron

How is Slain: Back from Hell and how are the controls?

Edited on by HeroOfCybertron

Bah weep granah weep nini bong

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic