Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 2,207

jak1one

@GyroZeppeli I like GTA, but from an indie i am looking for a different experience, a more """artistic""" one. Don't know if i am clear.

jak1one

jak1one

@jak1one That, or a really fun and structured rogue like, with a good feeling of progression, like Binding Of Isaac.

jak1one

GeoChrome

@jak1one That’s what I thought you were trying to find, but from what I know, there aren’t many indies like that other than Gris.
Edit: If you’re looking for a rogue-like/lite, Dead Cells and Gonner are both great.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

jak1one

@GyroZeppeli Don't like gonner, but Dead Cells feels interesting. Does it have a good progression system? Do you power up/ get stronger playing? Can you come back to a precedent area just to kill enemies easily (because you are stronger) and get resources? That is what i am looking in a rogue like.

jak1one

GeoChrome

@jak1one I honestly have no idea as I haven’t played it. You would be better off asking @JaxonH or someone else that has the game.

Edited on by GeoChrome

DuskformLycanroc

Monster hunter generations ultimate or diablo 3 for someone looking to try online multiplayer rpg for first time. Currently plays only single player games but likes rpgs. I have played Monster Hunter Stories.

Not usually one for multiplayer games but looking to expand my horizons. Ideally would like a friendly community to get to know.

3DS FC 5387-0811-6168

SKTTR

I recommend 3 of my new games.

Reigns: Kings & Queens

If you like easy-to-learn turn-based decision-making games, this one is quite an interesting one. Stay alive as a king or queen by making the right (and wrong) decisions to keep the church, the army, the people, and the money in balance. There are plenty of quests to solve and even items to find and use. At some points events take place that can change the dynamics of the gameplay, and you can even come across light dungeon crawling bits. If you die then your soul and items are simply transfered to the next king/queen. The game has 2 saves per profile, one for the story of the kings and one for the story of the queens.

Swords & Soldiers

In this super fun 2D tower defense game you play a horde of viking barbarian barbecue fanatics (before unlocking other completely different campaigns such as Chinese and Aztecs). The game is easy to learn because of the natural progression of stages and introduction of new elements. And those hilarious vikings really make you wonder what's coming up next. The Switch version has the 30 main levels + a new camapign that wasn't in the Wii, 3DS, and Wii U versions. Achievements, and 2p versus splitscreen round off a really neat package. And the sequel comes to Switch soon as well.

The Way Remastered

This was on sale for under one buck. And man, this game is pretty good. What started like a stealth-platformer, turned into a shooter, and then into a metroidvania with lots of puzzles. The story is about a scientist trying to bring his dead girlfriend back to life. With all the clues he has, he breaks into a facility to steal a spaceship and travel to a distant planet. The coherent, breathing world is rarely affected by parts that could have used a bit more polish. Fair gameplay (regular checkpoints), a good soundtrack, and no loading times round up a pretty solid action-adventure.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

tidus

Hello all.
I am new member here and nice to see people who love rpg games.
I can take some recommendations.
Finished I am Setsuna and YS Lacrimosa Of Dana recently. loved so much both game.
Now ı am planning to get a new game. Do you recommend anything? also ı will start lets go pikachu this week.

tidus

EvilLucario

@tidus Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is my top pick for any RPG. Valkyria Chronicles is also a great pick, but it's more strategy than RPG.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

HeroOfCybertron

Hopefully this is the right place to post since I've been away from the boards for so long.

How is the game Figment I'm thinking of getting it from the eshop while it's on sale.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong

GeoChrome

@HeroOfCybertron Figment has a pretty decent review on here, but I would honestly recommend Deru, Sausage Sports Club, or Rocket League over it.

AndreaF96

Hi guys I just finished Last Window, the sequel to Hotel Dusk and I would love to get to play more games of this genre. I know about cold case for 3ds, will definitely give it a shot. Are there hard boiled adventure games for switch? I've already bought and completed Grim Fandango. Return of the Obra Dinn's artstyle doesn't appeal to me.

AndreaF96

Avenger

So I'm going out to Best Buy today to pick up two games since I still have GCU. One is NSMBUD and the other one, I'm not sure yet. There are a few that I want to pick up and can't decide. It's between:

Pokemon Let's go Pikachu- Haven't played a Pokemon game since Black on the DS. And I love the gen 1 Pokemon. Would be a nice trip down memory lane. And it comes with a free Steelbook if I buy it from Best Buy.

Bayonetta - Always wanted to play Bayonetta. I watched a playthrough of Bayonetta 1 and it looked fun. It would also get me into the mood for Bayonetta 3 and DMCV

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - I'm looking at this because even though I have a Wii U, I never played this game. It would go nicely with NSMBUD since they're so similar

Yooka-Laylee - It's made by the people who made Banjo & Kazooie and when it was being shown off, it looked great. Been wanting a Banjo like game for awhile now, and this looks like it's as close it's going to get.

Which one do you guys think?

Avenger

HeroOfCybertron

I'm thinking about buying these Metroidvania games Sundered and Hunter's Legacy: Purrfect Edition while they're on sale how are they?

Bah weep granah weep nini bong

GeoChrome

@Avenger I would say Bayonetta based on your thoughts of it. I wouldn’t really recommend Yooka just because it’s not a great game, just an okay collectathon, but other than that all of those would be great choices.

@HeroOfCybertron You can’t really go wrong with Metroidvanias. I would still recommend Hollow Knight or Forma.8 over those if you are willing to spend a little.

EvilLucario

@Avenger Bayonetta is the best choice of them imo. DKC is also another one, but being another platformer you might get burned out if you get that alongside New Super Mario Bros. U.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

darkfenrir

So I'm kind of interested in trying out puzzle/mystery games, and well, since Ace Attorney Trilogy is coming out soon, do you think it's good for a starter of the genre?

(To note, I managed to play through first 2 cases of Miles Edgeworth without cracking open walkthrough, the rest I need walkthrough. And I was unable to even finish first case of Apollo Justice... had to open walkthrough too for that one)

So... think it's good idea to pick the trilogy?

darkfenrir

Arbor

looking for something to scratch my Zelda itch. BOTW was an excellent open world game, but when the last game I played was TP with all its excellent dungeons, and BOTW had nothing... anybody know any great challenging action/adventure/puzzle games? nothing very bloody/violent please

Arbor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic