Forums

Topic: The Multiplayer Match Organisation Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 978

JoyBoy

@Zyrac Yeah, me too. We should try to play together at least more than the regular once a month.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

shani

@Spanjard Hehe totally! It's almost annoying how little Splatoon I get to play recently. During the week I'm too tired and only play like half an hour of TW in the evening. So that usually only leaves weekends for longer sessions. But I'd be happy to play more than once a month with you guys.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Zyrac

Would be cool to get some Zones in while that's open, but I think I'm gonna go eat right now. Hit me up in like half an hour if anyone wants.

It'd be great if we could schedule something for the weekends!

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

shani

@Zyrac Ok cool, I'd be up for that. Maybe some of the North American players could join us.

I'd alao be open for scheduling a specific time on weekends. Might not always be able to make it, but it still might help. Maybe we should make a doodle where everyone can put in the times they're available.

In the meantime, @Swoltacular do you still wanna play some TW?

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

JoyBoy

@shani I have to admit, although I absolutely love this game, I'm less inclined to play it with just strangers. Although I obviously don't know you guys for real. I do very much enjoy it that much more.

SW-7849-9887-2074

Maxz

@shani @Spanjard @Zyrac The results are up, and we were 65th in the world and 20th in Europe for that session! So that's something.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

JoyBoy

Nice. I think we can do pretty well if we keep at it.

SW-7849-9887-2074

shani

@Maxz Nice, that's way better than I anticipated. I actually think we could do even better than that.
Ah, so it takes the highest Splat Power we reached, not the one we finished with? Awesome, didn't know about that!

Edited on by shani

Zyrac

Don't see Team Sloshing Machine in the rankings, but there's a team of four Aerospray RGs in 24th. And I keep thinking that weapon is no good for ranked modes.

So, Splat Zones, anyone?

Zyrac

Twitter:

Maxz

@shani Yeah, very sensible system K think. I really like how they've treated the Leagues in this game in general. It was basically just another version of Ranked before.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

shani

@Maxz Absolutely, I definitely prefer them to the squad battles in Splatoon 1.
@Zyrac Ah sorry, didn't see you post, I was just playing some BotW on Wii U.
Not sure I'd go back into ranked/league right now (I could, but might get tired soon and also have to eat something ^^). Especially since it's TC again in league mode...

Edited on by shani

Zyrac

@shani Yeah, I'm going to bed now anyways. Another time.

Zyrac

Twitter:

pawlslax

Maxz wrote:

@dorkeybubblehead Sorry!

?

Did I get accidentally tagged? lol

The comment above does not reflect the actual opinions of any person, living or dead. Any resemblance to actual views is purely coincidental.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-3055-1371 | Nintendo Network ID: dorkeybubblehead | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

Anyone interested in doing some league battles?

Edit: Nevermind

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Apptastik

Anyone up for survival in Minecraft? Would be awesome if you have skype for voice chat. My SW-8588-9711-6881

Apptastik

fumbler123

First time poster, long time Nintendo fan and long time dreamer that Nintendo would bring me back hometo where it all started. Finally, after some passive apprehensive waiting, I'm picking up my Switch today. I do have a question. I have been away from online gaming for a long time now, 6yrs I'd say. I'm returning with Nintendo's online gaming, but I believe their online/multiplayer access is different from say Playstation's setup.

For example, if I wanted to play Splatoon2 and hop an online match, would I just hit the multiplayer game option and it will automatically start searching for open rooms? Or do I need to have a bunch of friends already established? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but it's been a while, and from what I was aware from what I have gathered in just overhearing or breezing through articles over the years, is there have been issues joining some of nintendos online games because of their strict user policies. Things having to do with keeping kids safe from the weirdos. I'm ready to hop into some online gaming, but looking to see if there are any quirks I'll need to be aware of.

Thanks and can't wait to return to the place that got me started. Especially, Mario Odyssey & that new Yoshi!!

fumbler123

Zyrac

@fumbler123 Generally, Nintendo's online games will have two options for finding matches. One is the random match option that's quick and easy, but doesn't let you really communicate with anyone and has limited options for the type of match to play. The other is the option to only play with people on your friend list, which allows for more control. Of course, the specifics will vary from game, but it's usually pretty simple. There's no need to worry about not being able to get started.

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

shani

fumbler123 wrote:

what I have gathered in just overhearing or breezing through articles over the years, is there have been issues joining some of nintendos online games because of their strict user policies. Things having to do with keeping kids safe from the weirdos.

I've played Nintendo's online games since Mario Kart Wii (so roughly since 2008) and I have never heard or experienced anything like that. You just enter the multiplayer mode and - after a little bit of waiting - you play online.
It's basically the same on all the other platforms (PC, PS4, XB1), at least for most online games.
E.g. entering multiplayer in Overwatch works similarly to how it is in Splatoon.

And when you want to play with/against friends, you just enter the according mode ('friends'/'coop'/'squad' etc).

Any one up for some League Battle?

Edited on by shani

Nicolai

fumbler123 wrote:

what I have gathered in just overhearing or breezing through articles over the years, is there have been issues joining some of nintendos online games because of their strict user policies. Things having to do with keeping kids safe from the weirdos.

What you're probably hearing is in response to Nintendo's quirky solutions to things like Voice Chat, and perhaps their continued use of the friend code. It won't hinder you from basic online play, however; it just might make matching with friends more (but still not very) complicated, and it might lack some shiny features. It's nothing to be worried about, really.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic