Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 5,641 to 5,660 of 15,210

Haru17

Meowpheel wrote:

Ask Nayru. She created the block pushing physics.

[Looks up lore video.]

Actually that was Din. Ermagerd, get on mah level.

But seriously, after rewatching the cutscene of the goddesses creating Hyrule it made me think how the scope of that myth must have blown people's minds back in '98. I wonder if Zelda U won't channel the Ocarina of Time feels again, bringing the setting back to a more high fantasy feel.

Obviously Twilight Princess already made the play for OoT vibes... but Twilight Princess was very successful and helped launch a console. Moreover, no one could say that TP felt like Ocarina of Time. The structure was similar, but the music and vibe were way different.

Twilight Princess' deities struck a more eldritch horror tone while Ocarina of Time's goddesses felt more holy, grand, and beyond-human-means. I wonder if the later concept won't strike a chord with the gaming audience like what we see in Final Fantasy 15:

Untitled

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

@Meowpheel

Sorry for the late reply, I took a while writing and texting and newspaper + cupping spiders THE $&@* OUT of my house.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Eel

Huh, wasn't Nayru the one that created the "laws [of nature]" that rule the world? I'd assume that includes the blocks'... unusal centers of gravity. I might need to rewatch that cutscene.

I certainly remember being amazed by it as a kid. Seeing the goddesses flying around, creating the universe like it's nothing, it gave the story a sense of magic. Hopefully the new game will recapture that.

Although I guess me being a kid back then helped create that effect, too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Henmii

"Water you talking about? Nintendo's stuff never leaks"

Eh, you probably don't visit this site very often since LOTS of things have been leaked the past few months. Think of the Hyrule warriors legends trailer, Mariomaker sprites, Twilight princess HD (and Twilight princess picross). They have mostly been leaked by dataminers (hackers) wich in my opinion don't do any favors to Nintendo. If they are fans, then they are terrible ones.

Its up to anyone if he/she considers something a spoiler, but personally I don't want to see a proper Zelda U trailer getting spoiled. Or the story. Or the game-mechanics. If that happens there isn't much need for me to watch E3 anymore. Zelda u itself may take 50% of the whole presentation!!

Henmii

Monkey_Balls

Next gen Zelda: perfect block physics but the protagonist still can't jump properly.

Haru17 wrote:

Just look at the Wind Waker—by all accounts an early open world game. If you told someone that 'Tetra is Zelda' then you've spoiled that game's entire plot.

Oh thanks. Game ruined. And to make it worse I'm now an accomplice (spoiling for others) by quoting your post...

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

jump

Henmii wrote:

"Water you talking about? Nintendo's stuff never leaks"

Eh, you probably don't visit this site very often since LOTS of things have been leaked the past few months. Think of the Hyrule warriors legends trailer, Mariomaker sprites, Twilight princess HD (and Twilight princess picross). They have mostly been leaked by dataminers (hackers) wich in my opinion don't do any favors to Nintendo. If they are fans, then they are terrible ones.

Its up to anyone if he/she considers something a spoiler, but personally I don't want to see a proper Zelda U trailer getting spoiled. Or the story. Or the game-mechanics. If that happens there isn't much need for me to watch E3 anymore. Zelda u itself may take 50% of the whole presentation!!

I maybe wrong but I don't remember any of the costumes in Mario Maker being datamined.

If you watch a trailer of Zelda U at all then whatever it shows will then spoil the game itself so what you're really talking about here is will the trailer be spoiled for you.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Eel

Actually, they did datamine some unused costumes in the game, which they removed with later updates. I think they even found remnants of a Windows Logo costume.

Edit: yup, and some of the found costumes have been fully added into the game since then, like E. Gadd, Mari O. and Nabbit.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

Meowpheel wrote:

Actually, they did datamine some unused costumes in the game, which they removed with later updates. I think they even found remnants of a Windows Logo costume.

Edit: yup, and some of the found costumes have been fully added into the game since then, like E. Gadd, Mari O. and Nabbit.

SPOILER WARNING! You just ruined the surprise of the Windows logo in Mario Maker, that's almost as bad as the Zelda TP Picross spoilers!

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Nicolai

Meowpheel wrote:

Oops! At least I didn't mention the Master Chief costume.

Yeah, just like Porky pig didn't actually swear in this cartoon:

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Therad

arronishere wrote:

Meowpheel wrote:

SPOILER WARNING! You just ruined the surprise of the Windows logo in Mario Maker, that's almost as bad as the Zelda TP Picross spoilers!

The amiibo have been leaked! Oh man it is going to be sweet!!!

http://www.goodwp.com/images/201103/goodwp.com_15519.jpg

Therad

Shinion

@WebHead: can't say I'm particularly happy about this. I'd rather wait for the official reveal than have these idiots drip feed us info on it in their continuing desperate attempt for attention. I don't think we'll have to wait too much longer regardless.

Shinion

jump

Spoilers! Hold onto your seats, there's a rumour of a rumour.

Nicolai wrote:

jump

Is this the real Emily Rogers or another fake account? This would be so much easier if people didn't flip flop all the time and just quit the likes of facebook and twiiter for good when they say they are going to quit.

Nicolai wrote:

DJaa

More leaks. Yay -_-

Edited on by DJaa

DJaa

kkslider5552000

Oh dear...

I've said it before, good voice acting could improve things but bad voice acting would be infuriating. If this is true, and the voice acting is bad, it would probably be the worst thing Nintendo has done to Zelda ever. (especially since unlike CD-I, this game will actually matter)

The problem is that there are many things I think Nintendo could pull off, and I'm not sure this is one of them. At least if they do it themselves.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic