Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 5,461 to 5,480 of 15,210

Spoony_Tech

If the NX is truely more powerful or on par with the other systems then I highly doubt they will release this on both systems. Remember last time the graphics on both the cube and Wii were virtually the same. This time because of the different systems specs they would more then likely have to do both games from the ground up. Now maybe it comes later in the NX life cycle or it is a launch title but it doesn't launch till 2017.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Octane

@Grumblevolcano: The amiibo didn't really unlock something meaningful. I doubt it'll unlock something more important in Zelda U. Especially since it's a Twilight Princess amiibo and since you need to buy both TPHD and the amiibo to access the content; that would make it very expensive DLC. If anything, the bottomless wallet carries over, which would be a shame, but they're going to lock something behind an amiibo.

Octane

Dezzy

Haru17 wrote:

If Zelda U doesn't show up before E3 it's so, so utterly not coming out this year.

Same goes for NX, naturally.

Or maybe just AT E3?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Octane: That's where I disagree, they can use Zelda U to get more people to buy TPHD. All that is needed is the Wolf Link amiibo has meaningful support in Zelda U but also requires to have done certain things in TPHD. That way as people pretty much know that Zelda U is coming out in the holiday season, they'd buy TPHD and do what is needed beforehand.

I'm not buying TPHD and I love TP. A Wolf Link amiibo working in TPHD and Zelda U isn't gonna push me to get TPHD. I've said over and over that I'm going on a Zelda drought until Zelda U. Too much Zelda is flying around and it can cause major burnout.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Nicolai

@NintyMan: It's just a reversed picture of footage from the first trailer. It's still pretty cool, though.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Dezzy

What was the Skyward Sword thing in OoT?

Would've been nice if they'd used a new screenshot!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

Nicolai wrote:

@NintyMan: It's just a reversed picture of footage from the first trailer. It's still pretty cool, though.

That's a pretty good TP easter egg, as they go, though.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Monkey_Balls

I just had a horrible thought. What if Zelda U is primarily aimed at children? I mean, cartoony graphics, slow-motion battles, the map has easily-placed help beacons and the horse riding is practically on rails.

Apparently we can pick apples though. Apples are nice.

(I only mention this because there's a slim chance Zelda U might be featured in tomorrow's Direct. And yes, I thought I'd soften the blow of my horrible thought by mentioning fruit...)

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Nicolai

@Monkey_Balls: I don't think anything you mentioned suggests a kid-focused game. There's a difference between helpful tools and training wheels.

The Zelda series is always going to attract kids, but if Nintendo really wanted to zero in on that demographic, they probably wouldn't be trying to make it an open world, with a primary challenge being figuring out how to get places. Link would probably be younger, too.

I'm also pretty confident that Aonuma is going to take a pretty hard look at the primary complaint of hand-holding in Zelda this time around.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haru17

If they show Zelda U tomorrow, without delaying it out of 2016, they're crazy.

Releasing their biggest game to die on the Wii U now would be naught but folly.

Sticker

Zelda U should have some blood like how Ocarina has blood.

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

Smash_kirby

I would be okay with they showed 10 seconds of what a dungeon looks like.

Smash_kirby

TuVictus

Hope you guys are ready for more grassy plains, get hype.

TuVictus

Sticker

Operative wrote:

I can't wait for it. What kind of grass they're going to show next? I hope it's muddy grass!

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

Haru17

Operative wrote:

10/10 Best Comment, would read again.

Tyranexx

Sticker wrote:

Operative wrote:

I can't wait for it. What kind of grass they're going to show next? I hope it's muddy grass!

Here's hoping for dynamite grass! Walk into it and...boom!

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

martinskrtel37

lol why were you looking for Zelda U/NX information in this March direct? you guys just hype each other up into insanity..

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Haru17

martinskrtel37 wrote:

lol why were you looking for Zelda U/NX information in this March direct? you guys just hype each other up into insanity..

Because they announced in 2014? And not everyone here was expecting them to talk about it. Sorry, you're not special

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic