Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 15,210

Haru17

TingLz wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

I'm just saying, it doesn't really seem like he's losing any steam. Certainly doesn't seem like he's retiring, and I don't see indication from the speech that this is his last game.

It might not be a bad idea to give a new face control of the Zelda after U. Just look at what happened when Miyamoto took a chance on Aonuma.

Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess

Not sure where you were going with that comment.

The point being those are all great games. Change can be good.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blast

Yeah.... Hideo Kojima should get a chance at directing a Legend of Zelda game. LOL that would be interesting to see how Kojima would handle the Zelda series.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Andyliini

Blast wrote:

Yeah.... Hideo Kojima should get a chance at directing a Legend of Zelda game. LOL that would be interesting to see how Kojima would handle the Zelda series.

It would probably go down the road Castlevania went under his influence. Not well.

Edited on by Andyliini

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

Nicolai

Artwark wrote:

@Nicolai According to a Games Magazine that I've read, he wanted to make the best Zelda game that he can and then retire after that. He has a son which I never knew.

Wow, these developers sure do give a lot of interviews. And I thought I've read 'em all. I knew about his son, though. I can understand why he'd move on to other projects, but it would seem weird for him to retire all at once. He's younger than my dad

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

LzWinky

Haru17 wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

I'm just saying, it doesn't really seem like he's losing any steam. Certainly doesn't seem like he's retiring, and I don't see indication from the speech that this is his last game.

It might not be a bad idea to give a new face control of the Zelda after U. Just look at what happened when Miyamoto took a chance on Aonuma.

Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess

Not sure where you were going with that comment.

The point being those are all great games. Change can be good.

Change can be good, especially in Sonic the Hedgehog, which teaches us that change can also be awful and crap.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haru17

TingLz wrote:

Change can be good, especially in Sonic the Hedgehog, which teaches us that change can also be awful and crap.

Being contrarian can also be good, but in practice it's mostly obnoxious quips and false equivalencies.

You know what's not good? Forcing someone to work on the same thing over and over until they become a husk of their former creativity. Skyward Sword was a good example of that, with another forest, another volcano, and another desert. I think new ideas are rather crucial at this juncture.

You know what Aonuma put in the last few Zeldas? Loftwings and trains, because his kid liked them. If that doesn't scream 'overworked and out of ideas' I don't know what does. What's the hold up? Let him go make Aonuma Pikmin, or whatever his brainchild is.

Nicolai

SmashMario wrote:

Am I the only one who wasn't at all disappointed by the delay and the fact that I'm waiting patiently for the game?

I'm extremely disappointed, but I'm doing my best to handle it well. It's not like I'm going to enjoy it any less a year later.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Grumblevolcano

SmashMario wrote:

Am I the only one who wasn't at all disappointed by the delay and the fact that I'm waiting patiently for the game?

I wasn't disappointed because I expected a 2016 release. Now as that's confirmed, if Xenoblade X is delayed to 2016 then I'd be extremely disappointed.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blast

SmashMario wrote:

I was very disappointed. Aonuma told Miyamoto that it would release in 2015 while demoing the game. Tons of Nintendo fans were happy it was releasing this year. But nooooooo... It got delayed to be the ultimate Zelda game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LzWinky

So we have to wait for a better game?

I can wait!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Haru17 wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Being contrarian can also be good, but in practice it's mostly obnoxious quips and false equivalencies.

You know what's not good? Forcing someone to work on the same thing over and over until they become a husk of their former creativity. Skyward Sword was a good example of that, with another forest, another volcano, and another desert. I think new ideas are rather crucial at this juncture.

You know what Aonuma put in the last few Zeldas? Loftwings and trains, because his kid liked them. If that doesn't scream 'overworked and out of ideas' I don't know what does. What's the hold up? Let him go make Aonuma Pikmin, or whatever his brainchild is.

My point is that change can be bad as well. The Legend of Zelda world will always have a forest, mountain and desert because those are large landmarks of most places. While those were repetitive, Skyward Sword DID have changes and new ideas.

crimsoncavalier

CaviarMeths wrote:

@crimsoncavalier I dunno if it's fair to say that Xenoblade didn't sell well in NA. Gamestop only printed 500k copies, and I'm pretty sure it had nearly a 100% sell through rate. That's pretty good for a system on its last legs. Hell, that makes it one of the most successful console JPRGs in NA last gen. Think only FFXIII/XIII-2 has it beat.

I didn't mean it in a negative way. Sure, there were limited copies, but even if there had been tons more, how well would it have sold? I mean, clearly, it's super popular now (copies going for $100+ online), but that's because of a lot of things that went right.

The whole point was that I think X is going to sell a lot more, and is already a big hitter in this year's lineup, and is more than a worthy candidate to take over the Big Holiday Game for the Wii U spot that Zelda U was supposed to be.

I think even if Zelda had released this year, X would still give it a run for its money.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Haru17

TingLz wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

TingLz wrote:

My point is that change can be bad as well. The Legend of Zelda world will always have a forest, mountain and desert because those are large landmarks of most places. While those were repetitive, Skyward Sword DID have changes and new ideas.

It might've worked better as a whole is Skyward Sword was a spinoff title or new IP. That much motion control doesn't vibe with a 40 hour story-based game imo. There the problem was that the design fell short of complimenting the changes, not that change is always going to wreck everything.

Edited on by Haru17

LzWinky

Eh, that's more opinion-based really. I'll admit I dislike the controls during the intense parts of the game.

Another big idea was the time-travelish mechanic in the desert.

Haru17

TingLz wrote:

Eh, that's more opinion-based really. I'll admit I dislike the controls during the intense parts of the game.

Another big idea was the time-travelish mechanic in the desert.

I didn't like the desert because it was alternatively dusty and low-res or colorful and gaudy. That and they found the only way to make a worse version of the Wind Waker: to make the ocean ugly as well as a waste of time. The only thing I remember fondly from that was climbing on the sandship's sails and shooting an arrow through a fan in that dungeon, because that puzzle stumped me for a while.

Edited on by Haru17

Eel

I actually really loved the desert, specially the part with pseudo time travel and the pirate ship.

It was my favorite part of the game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

MorphMarron wrote:

I actually really loved the desert, specially the part with pseudo time travel and the pirate ship.

It was my favorite part of the game.

Oh, I forgot, it was also a worse Wind Waker because it added loading screens to the seamless open world

Eel

Oook?

The Wind Waker had load times though, they are the reason there's so much space between the islands. Kinda like those useless rooms in Resident Evil Revelations where the doors have things that spin that lock you in for no reason.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

MorphMarron wrote:

Oook?

The Wind Waker had load times though, they are the reason there's so much space between the islands. Kinda like those useless rooms in Resident Evil Revelations where the doors have things that spin that lock you in for no reason.

But Skyward Sword had those huge spaces and loading screens, hence my point.

LzWinky

Aside from questioning how it went from ocean to desert?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic