Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 14,621 to 14,640 of 15,210

Dezzy

Great stuff. Seems to be the same concept being used when speedrunners do that shield bounce thing. Going into arrow-time slowmo messes with the physics engine if you do it at the right moment!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

WoomyNNYes

@gcunit holy crap! No, I haven't seen that. Haha That's amazing! Have you been able to do this yourself?

Edit: Funny. That makes it harder to recover Guardian parts

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Diddy64

Recently discovered that in a another video in YouTube and got to say, Link is now the Hero of Physics and Time XD

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

DAHstroy

Just received this game a few days ago as a gift for my birthday, and man, it's AMAZING.

DAHstroy

Sugarkist

DAHstroy wrote:

Just received this game a few days ago as a gift for my birthday, and man, it's AMAZING.

Are you a late comer to the game too? I've only just bought it in the last month as well, I'm only so late in getting it because I was out of work when it originally got released and I couldn't afford consoles & games!

But I've played it for an hour and its beautiful. Unfortunately I've been sidetracked by Animal Crossing so BoTW isn't getting played as much as it should be by me. I'm going to get back into it this week if I get the time. I'm not very good at fighting things but I'll learn. I've been playing Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4 as well and it kinda reminds me of BoTW a little.

I'm glad I've not been the only person who has started to play this game 3 years behind everyone else!

kkslider5552000

The thing is, BOTW is not my favorite Zelda, and maybe not even in my top 50 games. But if you were to ask me which game I haven't played in a bit I would most like to go back to, despite doing almost everything possible in the game already, it would probably be BOTW. It's addicting, but like in the best of ways.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Xyphon22

I've been wanting to replay BotW practically ever since I beat it since I didn't get much of the story in my first playthrough, but I have so many other games I've never played that I find it hard to justify replaying a game I've already beaten, especially one that will take so long as I want to do much more. One day I'll get back to it again. One day.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

gcunit

@kkslider5552000 You're gonna have to show me your Top 50 games list...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Dezzy

It's not my favourite Zelda either, but it's definitely the most replayable Zelda.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

It's near the top of my list, but I've not really felt a need to return to BotW. My first experience in Hyrule was magical, and I'd like to preserve that feeling.

Also, it's not great about incentivizing post-game engagement. Something I'm hoping the sequel fixes.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Beaucine

I've been wanting to pick it up again, just to rediscover places and replay shrines.

That said, with a game like Breath of the Wild, it's difficult to draw a line between playthroughs. It's not a game you play to finish. In fact, the game is designed to discourage that mindset: after leaving the tutorial stage, also known as the Great Plateau, you can technically head straight for the castle. So, with the finish line no longer the real objective, you're free to run around Hyrule. I spent around 250 hours there, more than I've ever spent on any single-player game. Several times, I walked up to the final boss room and turned right back. Only after finding and beating every shrine and upgrading all my favorite outfits did I finally feel it was the right moment to end my adventure. It was like an event. I think I booked a few hours for it and made a special dinner for myself. Turned off my phone, even. Anyway, there's no post-game content because you decide when the post-game begins, or if there's even a post-game. I could have started my post-game about 100 hours before I actually did, and by then I had already done all I would've wanted to do in a theoretical post-game. Not that I ran out of things to do, though. The game is so big, it's almost impossible to find everything. You'll always have something left to discover. That's the logic of the Korok seeds. That's why there's 999 of them and half of them are useless. (You only need about 500 of them to fully expand your inventory slots.) Some players have gone to the trouble of digging up all of them, but the vast majority won't and aren't meant to. The point is for Hyrule to never be entirely plumbed by the player, so that the mystery lives on.

Beaucine

Ralizah

Another thing to point out is that BotW2 is due out in the next few years. It should be the same or a similar map, so I want it to feel fresh when I return.

@T7Hokage017 I'm not sure why I tend to want to keep my games, considering it's usually a good seven years or more before I want to replay them. I should just be like some people and re-sell my games when I'm done with them before they drop in value.

Dogorilla

@Beaucine Good points, I think you've summed up one of the reasons BotW is so magical. I've played it for about 120 hours in total but haven't finished every shrine or side-quest yet. I've been meaning to dedicate some time to doing that before the sequel launches, but even now I occasionally go back to it and get a few things done or just run around exploring, and it's still almost as exciting as it was when I first started the game.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

kkslider5552000

@gcunit I don't have a definitive one, but games I know for certain that would be on it include: deep breath

Metroid Prime, Smash Melee, Mother 3, Paper Mario, The Orange Box, Halo 1, Halo 2, Star Fox 64, Sonic Mega Collection, Xenoblade Chronicles, Yoshi's Island, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Beyond Good and Evil, World of Goo, Banjo Kazooie, DKC2, DKC Returns, Chrono Trigger, Kirby's Adventure, at least one Ace Attorney game, one 2d Metroid, one Rhythm Heaven, Mario Kart DS, one of the two GBA Warioware games, Rayman Legends, Shovel Knight, Undertale, Mass Effect 2, and Celeste.

But I will say, top 5 and top 20 specifically are the only ones I've ever been able to write down and feel at all confident about.

and yes i included two compilation titles, deal with it

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

rallydefault

I have "only" about 100 hours in, I've beaten all the DLC on regular mode. Keep making it to the very last room in Trial of the Sword but dying lol Other than that, I have pretty much everything except the Korok seeds. I have a Hard Mode run halfway through the Beasts.

Anyway, I figured I'd go back to the game since nothing else is really coming out on Switch that interests me. I had fun for a few hours, but I found myself putting it down and going back to Mario Maker 2. Usually I love picking up Zelda games and playing through them again, but BotW is... I don't know. It's an experience, for sure, but it may be an experience I only want to have once or twice lol

Now, Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, I can just pick those up and play through them dozens and dozens of times because they're fun. I don't know if I'd always label BotW as "fun," and when it comes to games, that's a huge issue for me.

rallydefault

Ralizah

kkslider5552000 wrote:

at least one Ace Attorney game, one 2d Metroid

Which ones? They're not really interchangeable.

Beaucine

@rallydefault Well, yeah. Those three Zeldas are very, very tightly put together — especially Link's Awakening, which is a shining example of how to make technical limitations work in your favor. They have less content than Breath of the Wild, and obviously smaller overworlds, but in terms of flow and pace, and of how the main adventure is put together, they're clearly superior. And that makes them more replayable. Breath of the Wild is more of a vast playground, less of a journey towards a destination.

Beaucine

rallydefault

@Beaucine
Yep, I don't disagree with you in the least. I'm just saying the tighter experiences are more fun for me. Every now and then I enjoy open worlds, but that's mostly on my PC with MMOs. When I sit down to play on a console, I usually like a "crisper" experience. Crisp...awesome word.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic