Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,101 to 10,120 of 15,210

FGPackers

By the way, to all of you that are playing it: is there in the menu a recipe list for what you have discovered? Or every time you cook is a lottery? Argh can't think about Amazon that didn't deliver it

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

RedFinch

gcunit wrote:

This game is just a dream. If you haven't already, stick it on Pro HUD and just go.

There really isn't a better game out there - I've only played about 3 or 4 hours, but I feel like I could play it non stop forever.

I'm not gonna say it's my favorite yet, cos I've not spent enough time with it and Mario Kart 8 has set a very high bar but is a completely different entity, but exploring this place is just magical and the production value is superb. Just seems so well put together.

One minor issue: is there a way to cycle which arrows you're using whilst you've got the bow out, rather than having to go into the + menu and change arrows there?

Also, am I right in thinking there is no e-manual for the game? (not that it really needs one, everything just comes together so fluidly as you play).

Yes you can cycle your arrows, I think you hold R shoulder or ZR shoulder and move the R stick.
I also checked and it doesn't seem like there is an e-manual.

My question: can you discard the giant leaf melee weapon? I picked up two of these and when I try to throw these away, it just does an aimed gust of wind - taking up two valuable melee spots.

I know it's wrong, but I can't help but feel an odd sense of satisfaction and joy being able to play this game on Wii U, knowing that Xbox One and PS4 exclusive owners can't...

RedFinch

RedFinch

FGPackers wrote:

By the way, to all of you that are playing it: is there in the menu a recipe list for what you have discovered? Or every time you cook is a lottery? Argh can't think about Amazon that didn't deliver it

Mine was greatly delayed by Amazon as well... so I picked it up at Best Buy and will return the Amazon copy back to Best Buy later. Not entirely ethical, but I gotta do what I gotta do... to answer the recipe question, you highlight the 'cooked food' item and you have the option to check out its recipe. I don't think you save a list of recipes once you eat it though, but not 100% sure.

Edited on by RedFinch

RedFinch

Octane

@Hey-Cha-La You can drop items from your inventory, just select them and choose ''drop''!

Octane

RedFinch

Octane wrote:

@Hey-Cha-La You can drop items from your inventory, just select them and choose ''drop''!

D'oh!! Of course, how silly of me!! Cheers!

Edited on by RedFinch

RedFinch

skywake

@gcunit
The odd thing is that they did appear correctly after I posted it. Maybe it just didn't work after a page refresh or something.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

RedFinch

Caryslan wrote:

@Grumblevolcano @Dezzy Thank you both for your response. I have one more question, does it support the Wii U Pro Controller like Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD?

Yes, you can use the Wii U Pro Controller, but I think the Gamepad tablet is the way to go because of the motion controls to aim more precisely.

RedFinch

RedFinch

Hank_Scorpio wrote:

Diggler wrote:

Anyone else had their Amazon Wii U version 'delayed' until Monday? (Email sent at 2:09am this morning!)

I'm in the same boat, except my email was sent at 2:06am! Anyone heard why?

My Amazon.ca Wii U BotW was delayed until NEXT WEEK, MARCH 10!! So I picked a copy up at Best Buy today (they had tons of copies) and will return my pre-ordered Amazon copy to BB when it finally arrives... sorry BB! Hey, I will buy my next widescreen TV from you to make it up...

RedFinch

gcunit

In case you were wondering, I can confirm that playing the best game ever while sat on the toilet is extra special.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Haru17

Pro Tip: Be sure to be pressing the left bumper while taming horses, and not the left trigger, like I did, for hours...

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

Are you forced to shoot and arrow when you're aiming? Or can you cancel your action? I've been losing arrows left and right because of that.

Also, I just got off the Great Plateau, screw objectives; Death Mountain, here I come!

Octane

JoyBoy

@Octane Press B while aiming and you'll cancel it.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Octane

I chased a goat and it disappeared into thin air...

@Spanjard Thanks!

Octane

Haru17

Octane wrote:

So, did you finish Horizon or cave in to the hype? And yeah, animals do that. You're supposed to gear stealth and catch them unaware, I think. Not the biggest fan of it myself.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@Haru17 Nope, still playing both. I've had two full days of Horizon though and I'm about 20 hours in, so I think today will be a mostly Zelda day. I think I'll just alternate between them.

Octane

shani

Finally, I found my first memory!

gcunit wrote:

is there a way to cycle which arrows you're using whilst you've got the bow out, rather than having to go into the + menu and change arrows there?

Yes, with d-pad left (or was it right?) while you have a bow in your hands.

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

jump

Octane wrote:

Thanks!

There's a glowing blue chipmunk thing that I've been after which disappeares, I've got no idea if I'm meant to catch or kill it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AlexSays

@Octane That's exactly what I'm doing. Yesterday was mostly Horizon, so going to spend most of today on Zelda.

Tomorrow back to Horizon..

AlexSays

Octane

@jump I've seen it too. I crouched up on it and it still ran away. I was out of arrows though..

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic