Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 341 to 360 of 3,410

Eel

They never really gave us anything that would suggest this one was a prequel.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

They said in the Hyrule Warriors announcement it will be the only game to cover the events of the prior 100 years. Which doesn't rule a prequel about how Ganon got into his gooey state, the origins of the Zords etc.

I can't wait to see the arguments this is gonna cause when Linkle is playable Hyrule Warriors and therefore apart of the official timeline.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheFrenchiestFry

@jump I doubt they're going to do that. Maybe Adventure Mode DLC that is non canon but I can see them going the Persona 5 Scramble route where they focus explicitly on BotW characters and not pulling from the broader series as a result of it being a canon game to the timeline. FE Warriors and Hyrule Warriors were clearly non-canon which allowed them to freely use more characters from multiple other entries.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

jump

@TheFrenchiestFry I've already seen Ninty getting silly ideas from spin offs series and making it cannon like the bike from Mario Kart. Linkle will be apart of the timeline

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Eel

I fully expect at least one adveture map, to pad the content.

Anyhow, maybe we could move this conversation to the Hyrule Warriors thread.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

kkslider5552000

So I feel confident in saying now, BOTW 2 was never gonna come out this year. Even if there were zero delays at Nintendo, the game would've come out later. I feel pretty confident about this, especially since releasing it during the Mario anniversary instead of next year's Zelda one wouldn't make much sense anyway. I thought MAYBE it would for a while, but in hindsight, the normal process of making this game would've taken too long unless it overly relied on old assets (including the BOTW 1 map).

Ironically, this is a rare time where I loved BOTW's world so much that literally just bringing it back with some changes might've been enough for me, but a more ambitious game is certainly fine by me too.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

EOTW wrote:

So the reveal for the new Hyrule Warriors has some interesting implications for this game if it's considered cannon. Specifically it would mean that BotW2 will most likely not be a prequel, since Hyrule Warriors will more or less be covering that chunk of the story.

I already disproved my own theory that it was a prequel earlier in this very thread, Lol. I compared the height of Hyrule castle in the trailer for this game (recall it raises higher into the air in the trailer) to the height of Hyrule castle in the original BotW.

That shows that it happened after the original, not before. (unless the castle raises itself and then falls back down by the end of the story, in which case the point is void)

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Rambler

My idea for the sequel:
Breath of the Wild 2: Beedle's About.
Play as Beedle pranking the inhabitants of Hyrule. Putting washing powder in the Zora realm, giving rubber handles to all the Goron tools. That sort of thing.

(As for the actual game, I wouldn't mind a return of the hookshot in the form of a modified magnesis.
And a greater variety of monsters.)

Rambler

chipia

I really hope they make BOTW2 more difficult, like the first Zelda games.

BOTW could have been a great game, but the fact that you are practically invincible with the endless supply of healing items and overpowered armor really spoiled it for me. It baffles me that Master Mode didn't take care of these issues.

chipia

Rambler

@chipia
For me, the end of Skyward Sword was like that. Final battle was over in a few mins, if not seconds

Rambler

teo_o

Wondering: what if the fact that Aonuma mentions Skyward Sword in the lateste direct as the game that sets the story for all the others, could be an indication of him taking a more storytelled approach for the next one, and possibly link it with skyward sword?
You know what Aonuma? Want to make a sick move? Put a new trailer for BOTW2 at the end of Skyward Sword HD.
SOLD OUT.

teo_o

jump

@teo_o I'd rather not have to buy a new game just for a trailer.

Nicolai wrote:

WoomyNNYes

@teo_o I think Nintendo is focusing on one Zelda game at a time to bolster sales for one game at a time, rather than muddy the waters with multiple games. They prefer to reveal their games piece by piece throughout the year to make more hype throughout the year. So, I think maybe a month or two after Skyward Sword HD releases they'll move onto to Wind Waker HD or eventually get to BOTW 2 news. Obviously waiting for BOTW 2 news is a pain, though.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

rallydefault

I think they're just trying a simple marketing tactic to transfer some of the BotW craze to Skyward Sword HD to move more copies. Though if Amazon is already sold out, I think it's working lol

rallydefault

BruceCM

It's also possible they're not too sure about BotW 2 right now, @WoomyNNYes .... Then, they might want to keep some stuff for around E3 time, so they definitely still have some games to announce? If they do have Twilight Princess & Wind Waker HDs to announce, as well, that might well suggest BotW 2 is early/mid next year I'll be delighted if they all come this year, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

rallydefault

I think BotW2 will be March 2022. I guess that would be exactly four years from the original?

rallydefault

jump

@rallydefault nah, that’s 5 years. It was released in 2017.

Nicolai wrote:

NintendoByNature

jump wrote:

@rallydefault nah, that’s 5 years. It was released in 2017.

Crazy it's been 4 years already! Feels like yesterday I was waiting for my launch switch and botw to be delivered to the house.

NintendoByNature

WoomyNNYes

Just pasting release years from wikipedia.
bold = home consoles

The Legend of Zelda 1986
The Adventure of Link 1987
A Link to the Past 1991
Link's Awakening 1993
Ocarina of Time 1998
Majora's Mask 2000
Oracle of Seasons and Ages 2001
Four Swords 2002
The Wind Waker 2002
Four Swords Adventures 2004
The Minish Cap 2004
Twilight Princess 2006
Phantom Hourglass 2007
Spirit Tracks 2009
Skyward Sword 2011
A Link Between Worlds 2013
Tri Force Heroes 2015
Breath of the Wild 2017
Link's Awakening 2019

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic