Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 321 to 340 of 3,410

Dezzy

BlueOcean wrote:

Yes and on top of that you can't swim upwards with it.

That is my new excuse for not using it, lol. When I really just have a weird kind of philosophical dislike for anything that doesn't make sense within the world's lore. I'm pedantic about that stuff.

Like when FFXV only allowed you to have the airship after completing the game. That drove me mental too. Lol.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

To be honest the armor doesn't look all that out of place.

I'd say it even looks more in-place than other main-game sets...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Banjo-

@DarthNocturnal The Switch t-shirt is absolutely ridiculous.

Dezzy wrote:

BlueOcean wrote:

Yes and on top of that you can't swim upwards with it.

That is my new excuse for not using it, lol. When I really just have a weird kind of philosophical dislike for anything that doesn't make sense within the world's lore. I'm pedantic about that stuff.

Like when FFXV only allowed you to have the airship after completing the game. That drove me mental too. Lol.

LOL I know what you mean.

Banjo-

Dezzy

DarthNocturnal wrote:

>looks at Switch t-shirt.

I dunno what you guys are talkin' about.

Well and that made no sense from an advertising perspective. At least the Xenoblade thing made sense for advertising.
Switch t-shirt was pointless because most people were already playing it on the Switch, and people who were playing it on Wii U definitely already knew about the Switch.

Eel

Also it was part of the season pass. So it wasn’t like easy advertisement like the Xenoblade set, which was added into the base game as a free update.

Bloop.

Dezzy

I lost track of which stuff came with which update because I played the main game after the first main DLC had released, then did my second playthrough after the 2nd DLC was out.

Banjo-

@Dezzy And to make it even more ridiculous the Switch t-shirt was a Switch exclusive.

Will Zelda wear a Switch Fit Plus t-shirt in Breath of the Wild 2? Stay tuned.

Banjo-

Dezzy

@BlueOcean

Oh really. Lol I hadn't even noticed that. I had it on Wii U before I got my Switch as well. I just ignore most of the little DLC like that.
I even ignored the Korok mask, which I hadn't intended to. I just assumed all those things were mostly cosmetic.

Banjo-

@Dezzy When the Korok mask was available I was already tired of looking for Koroks. I think that the DLC was awfully planned, by the time that the Korok mask was available few people cared about the Koroks, not to mention the map feature which was pointless if you had already played the game. I rode the motorbike for a few minutes, literally. The only part of the season pass that I really enjoyed was the unexpected extra boss but the season pass was too little, too expensive and too late.

Banjo-

Eel

The majoras mask is excellent for exploring.

No more cheap shots from random skeletons.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Banjo-

@StableInvadeel If the Switch t-shirt is on Wii U then I didn't open that chest! I read somewhere that it was on Switch but then again perhaps they forgot that the Wii U ever existed. The DLC was meh but that unexpected boss fight was genius.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Dezzy

BlueOcean wrote:

@Dezzy When the Korok mask was available I was already tired of looking for Koroks.

Yeah pretty much. There's no real incentive beyond a certain point. That was one of my main issues with the game. (and Zelda as a series in general). They're always quite bad at end-game content. There's no real benefit to doing all of the shrines, and no real benefit for getting more than a few hundred Korok seeds.
They should've had like an extra cutscene or dungeon if you 100%d the game.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy I liked the way they handled 100%, I mean gaming nowadays is so focused on achievements (Xbox) and trophies (Playstation) that having a bad reward for 100% was rather refreshing.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

BOTW at least goes so far that it feels easier to justify not 100% it. You feel satisfied if you just do all the things that feel like they result in something. Yet somehow I was more enthusiastic to try to get relatively close to 100% compared to a good chunk of games in the series. Which I think is like half the reason I feel BOTW deserves all the praise it got, because any game that can get me to want to play for the sake of it for that long has to be doing something right. Like I gave up on 100% nearly every Zelda I've played as well, and the time spent in one playthrough of say, OOT, is a drop in a bucket for BOTW. The entire gold skulltula quest is like 2 or 3 BOTW regions of searching for Korok seeds.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

All they should've done differently is had a secret ending tied to completing every single shrine.
That would be simple and make it feel worth it.

Banjo-

Anything better than a little dance by the big Korok or whatever he is.

Banjo-

Henmii

People assume that it takes place a few months after botw, but they forget one important thing: Time flows very differently in this iteration of Hyrule. Take Zelda for example: 100 years later she still looks the same. And then there is the very childlike female Zora who is already 500 years old. My point is, for all we know this could take place 100 years or more after botw.

And one thing about Ganondorf and his supposedly dark fate in botw2: Remember that the mural of the first calamity showed a red-haired hero, not at all looking like Link. What if Ganondorf was the first "Champion"? But then he is fighting himself?! Maybe we find out in botw2.

Henmii

Eel

The game stablishes really well that 100 years is a really long time even in Hyrule time, and that Zoras have very very long lifespans. The normal Hylians like Link and Zelda might get to live a bit longer than humans, but they do appear to age very similarly to them... Considering the calamity was 100 before BotW1, and not many of the present day hylians were there to watch it happen.

As another example, Spirit Tracks takes place about a 100 years after the Wind Waker, and the only person surviving from the Wind Waker is Niko, who is now really old. This is consistent with the reprentation of time in BotW.

Zelda didn't age, probably because story reasons/magic. It's implied she more or less stopped existing in physical form to use all her magic to contain Ganon, much like how Zelda in TP gave up her physical form in order to to give her light to Midna, and yet she came back perfectly fine by the end; clothes, jewelry and all.

Seems to be one of those things Princesses can do.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

EOTW

So the reveal for the new Hyrule Warriors has some interesting implications for this game if it's considered cannon. Specifically it would mean that BotW2 will most likely not be a prequel, since Hyrule Warriors will more or less be covering that chunk of the story.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic