Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 301 to 320 of 3,410

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Pretty much same about no news until E3 2020, I think if Game Awards 2019 has a Nintendo presence (not sure if it will with Reggie no longer at Nintendo) it'll be focused on other stuff like Smash Ultimate DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

When I tried to post my long and thoughtful message the other thread was closed and the text was lost thanks to an evil moderator but I basically agreed with @EOTW and @Trajan. Breath of the Wild is basically a Zelda sandbox game with a lacking and literally broken story and the shrines and divine beasts also compare unfavourably with the other 3D Zelda games.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@StableInvadeel You evil one! No, it was my fault, I got mad and closed the browser.

EDIT: @Morpheel How many multiple personalities do you need?

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

DK-Fan

People that hated BotW I guess they started playing with Aounuma Puzzeldas (OoT to SW).
I enjoyed the open world. It was beautiful and exciting to explore. Unlike The Witcher 3 that made me feel bored, BotW made want to explore and get lost on it.

With that said, I did miss the Dungeons. The shrines were Ok but too short and the Beasts...had a lot of potentials but I relied on a guide because they were tedious to solve. Hyrule Castle was awesome. I would have preferred the Beasts to be more like it.

Maybe BotW 2 will mix both? An open world with more "normal" dungeons..that would be a great way to reconcile both types of Zeldas: The classic ones and the Aounuma ones.

DK-Fan

Banjo-

People say that the world of BotW is incredible but for me is empty and boring with uninteresting NPCs and a bunch of enemies here and there. The Koroks are boring to collect. I was totally disappointed with its incarnation of Zora's Domain. The lighting is what I'd call beautiful in this game but to name another Wii U/Switch game Xenoblade Chronicles X is much more beautiful although has more basic lighting.

Banjo-

BougieBeetle

I like that you can go anywhere right off the bat in Breath of the Wild, but I wouldn't mind more gatekeeping if it meant getting big treasures from classic-style dungeons. For example, the hookshot allows you to access a vast plateau you couldn't get to earlier, or the Giant's Mitt lets you move a rock to enter a large cave area.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

kkslider5552000

I feel like there's a good compromise you could do. One random idea I thought of, would've been like for example, if one of the temples gave you lots of shock arrows you needed to use to power various gadgets in interesting ways. And then after you beat the dungeon, it would be both easier to find them and also you'd be able to buy them at shops.

There's cooler ideas you could do and more interesting items, but that's just what came to mind based on BOTW itself. Or maybe if some of the upgrades you get at that lab for your main items were got at the dungeons instead.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

BlueOcean wrote:

I was totally disappointed with its incarnation of Zora's Domain.

Oh man, that was one of my favourite places in the game! Ok so there's not that much to do, but the aesthetics of it were incredible.

It reminds me of Burmecia from FF9.

Lol when I replay the game, I deliberately do Zoras last out of the divine beasts, just so it keeps raining permanently. That adds to the cool atmosphere of the place. Lol

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

The vah ruta portion was certainly my favorite.

Kinda wish I hadn’t done it first, because then every other divine beast quest felt flat and short. But the game kinda tries its best to point you into that direction. Specially vah medoh, it was like “wait, that’s it?”.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

It's crazy how many different ways it tries to push you to the Zoras. There are like 10 different characters dotted around the world that tell you to go there first.

Eel

I think it's a bit unintentional, Kakariko is simply located closer to Vah Ruta, so the player following King Rhoam's advice is more likely to find the series of events that lead to it, because it's a few steps away.

Vah Medoh definitely feels like it's intended to be the first one you visit, but it's... All the way over the other side of the map, surrounded by danger.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

@StableInvadeel

Some of the characters who point you the Zoras are noway near it! It's definitely not just being close to it.
There's a character in Lake Hylia who tells you to go there.

Eel

Oh yeah, those zoras are kinda following the same rivers that come out of the domain.

They're absolutely a lot more proactive than the others.

Maybe they got so into making the zora quest, they forgot to flesh out the rito and goron parts.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Banjo-

Dezzy wrote:

BlueOcean wrote:

I was totally disappointed with its incarnation of Zora's Domain.

Oh man, that was one of my favourite places in the game! Ok so there's not that much to do, but the aesthetics of it were incredible.

It reminds me of Burmecia from FF9.

Lol when I replay the game, I deliberately do Zoras last out of the divine beasts, just so it keeps raining permanently. That adds to the cool atmosphere of the place. Lol

I agree with you a lot but not this time, my friend. Zora's Domain is my favourite place in Ocarina of Time. I was absolutely delighted. Its incarnation in Breath of the Wild is disappointing and I was really looking forward to it. There isn't much to do, it is not fun to navigate and it is not that impressive visually. And I haven't played Final Fantasy IX yet.

It's funny that except for a few people that don't tolerate it, Nintendo Life is a respectful place where one can criticise a flagship game. I don't hate Breath of the Wild but it's my least favourite 3D Zelda game.

Banjo-

Eel

On the subject of zoras, the xenoblade armor set is super convenient for swimming.

I completely ignored it on my original file.

I wonder if they'll do something more interesting with swimming in the sequel.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

BlueOcean wrote:

I agree with you a lot but not this time, my friend. Zora's Domain is my favourite place in Ocarina of Time. I was absolutely delighted.

I do love the one in Ocarina too. I love all the locations in Ocarina though really.

Goron City is certainly a LOT better in Ocarina.

StableInvadeel wrote:

On the subject of zoras, the xenoblade armor set is super convenient for swimming.

Xenoblade armor cannot exist in Hyrule. I reject its existence.

Edited on by Dezzy

Banjo-

Dezzy wrote:

BlueOcean wrote:

I agree with you a lot but not this time, my friend. Zora's Domain is my favourite place in Ocarina of Time. I was absolutely delighted.

I do love the one in Ocarina too. I love all the locations in Ocarina though really. Goron City is certainly a LOT better in Ocarina.

I like all locations in Ocarina of Time too.

Dezzy wrote:

StableInvadeel wrote:

Xenoblade armor cannot exist in Hyrule. I reject its existence.

Yes and on top of that you can't swim upwards with it.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic