Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2.0

Posts 281 to 300 of 347

Dezzy

Monkeido wrote:

I really don't understand why they didn't add the hookshot into the game as a late game item.

Revali's Gale + Paraglider = Hookshot.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eyseedoubleyou

@Octane
I need a TriForce shaped house in real life with deku door and triforce windows!
I swear I'm addicted to the TriForce
I have ocarina of time 3d too

If people say Nintendo consoles are bad, ignore them. They are diverse handhelds

3DS Friend Code: 2939-1335-3943 | My Nintendo: Alex | Nintendo Network ID: aw0106

Eyseedoubleyou

I so need a switch

If people say Nintendo consoles are bad, ignore them. They are diverse handhelds

3DS Friend Code: 2939-1335-3943 | My Nintendo: Alex | Nintendo Network ID: aw0106

Dezzy

@Tsurii

And I believe this device is called the 2DS "proper controller add-on":

Untitled

kkslider5552000

I wasn't as crazy about ALBW as some people were (mostly because the world of LTTP is boring to me), but I won't deny the quality of the dungeons for a second. Honestly, I might even go so far as to say there isn't a Zelda game with as many great dungeons, and lacks one I didn't like (though the Dark Palace was close at points).

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Dezzy

@Tsurii
ALBW is way up there as one of the best in the series for me. I thought it had some of the best dungeons they've ever made! It's either third of fourth in my ranking.

1. Ocarina
2. Breath of the Wild
3. ALBW or Windwaker.

Edited on by Dezzy

Monkeido

Dezzy wrote:

Monkeido wrote:

I really don't understand why they didn't add the hookshot into the game as a late game item.

I still think double hookshot would've been nice to have.

Monkeido

NintendoByNature

A link between worlds is my favorite 2d, and ocarina is my favorite 3d. Hard to say which is my favorite of all time. That list changes on me from time to time. But I'd say albw is almost perfect if not, fully perfect. Awesome dungeons and i loved that alttp map was reused. It all felt familiar yet different with the wall moving mechanic. I didn't notice any control issues. But I'm playing thru skyward sword now and I have a 3rd party motion plus adapter that I'm using and it could be that but the controls are a little hard at times. Still fun though. I'm about to head to the 3rd region from skyloft

NintendoByNature

Monkeido

@Tsurii shakes head

To each their own though. ^^

EDIT: I do want to ask, so you think Zelda 1 and 2 are better than Ocarina of Time?

Edited on by Monkeido

Monkeido

DenDen

ALBW in general is too easy, I did like the design and the story a lot though.
But I love the original a lot more

Now playing
Switch : slay the spire, Fire emblem tree Houses, super neptunia RPG (updated 13-0
10-19
Switch fc: SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Dezzy

Monkeido wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Monkeido wrote:

I still think double hookshot would've been nice to have.

That's because you're thinking of a game where it was useful. But it just wouldn't have been that useful in BotW, so would've lost any novelty very quickly.
You might as well say the Spinner would be nice to have too. That would have the same issue. There's no obvious place to use it in this game, and it wouldn't add any new capabilities that you can't already do by other means.

Monkeido

@Dezzy You honestly think going between rock walls back and forth with a dual hookshot/clawshot is the same as charging Revali's Gale and slowly flying to a rock wall to climb up? I know it wouldn't add something game changing, but it would allow for even faster vertical traversal late game, which would be nice. Necessary? No. Fun to use? Yes. I don't think it being necessary would mean the novelty would run out quickly. Plus even if it did for some, they apparently already made it, so not like it would've taken them a lot of extra time to add this "novelty". There's also a difference between adding an item that has been in every 3D Zelda game (and some 2D Zelda games) and one that has been in only one. Even if it's just a novelty, so is being able to find the Hylian Shield and many other nods to previous Zelda games.

Edited on by Monkeido

Monkeido

kkslider5552000

Morpheel wrote:

I found the dungeons in ALBW to all too easy, like, a notch or two above Phantom Hourglass..

you haven't played hero mode, and it shows

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

NintendoByNature

A side from links awakening and ocarina it's my most played game but i haven't done hero mode yet. Yea regular may be on the easy side but It doesn't mean it's not as good as others. I'd go as far to say for me ocarina, links awakening, minish cap are a breeze but I still love them.

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

I think I missed hero mode in that game. I can't imagine it adding much to the game though.
Breath of the Wild is the only Zelda game where I've felt like hard mode really does add something. It completely changes the nature of the challenge for the first third of the game. I loved it.

It really turns Korok leaves into a key item, lol.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic