Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 281 to 300 of 3,397

NintendoByNature

A link between worlds is my favorite 2d, and ocarina is my favorite 3d. Hard to say which is my favorite of all time. That list changes on me from time to time. But I'd say albw is almost perfect if not, fully perfect. Awesome dungeons and i loved that alttp map was reused. It all felt familiar yet different with the wall moving mechanic. I didn't notice any control issues. But I'm playing thru skyward sword now and I have a 3rd party motion plus adapter that I'm using and it could be that but the controls are a little hard at times. Still fun though. I'm about to head to the 3rd region from skyloft

NintendoByNature

Monkeido

@Tsurii shakes head

To each their own though. ^^

EDIT: I do want to ask, so you think Zelda 1 and 2 are better than Ocarina of Time?

Edited on by Monkeido

Monkeido

Eel

I found the dungeons in ALBW to all too easy, like, a notch or two above Phantom Hourglass. But without the annoying control inputs to make them a bit harder.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DenDen

ALBW in general is too easy, I did like the design and the story a lot though.
But I love the original a lot more

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Dezzy

Monkeido wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Monkeido wrote:

I really don't understand why they didn't add the hookshot into the game as a late game item.

Revali's Gale + Paraglider = Hookshot.

I still think double hookshot would've been nice to have.

That's because you're thinking of a game where it was useful. But it just wouldn't have been that useful in BotW, so would've lost any novelty very quickly.
You might as well say the Spinner would be nice to have too. That would have the same issue. There's no obvious place to use it in this game, and it wouldn't add any new capabilities that you can't already do by other means.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

Not necessarily... Having to re-rent the tools at least once would've been interesting, I suppose.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Monkeido

@Dezzy You honestly think going between rock walls back and forth with a dual hookshot/clawshot is the same as charging Revali's Gale and slowly flying to a rock wall to climb up? I know it wouldn't add something game changing, but it would allow for even faster vertical traversal late game, which would be nice. Necessary? No. Fun to use? Yes. I don't think it being necessary would mean the novelty would run out quickly. Plus even if it did for some, they apparently already made it, so not like it would've taken them a lot of extra time to add this "novelty". There's also a difference between adding an item that has been in every 3D Zelda game (and some 2D Zelda games) and one that has been in only one. Even if it's just a novelty, so is being able to find the Hylian Shield and many other nods to previous Zelda games.

Edited on by Monkeido

Monkeido

kkslider5552000

Morpheel wrote:

I found the dungeons in ALBW to all too easy, like, a notch or two above Phantom Hourglass..

you haven't played hero mode, and it shows

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

I didn't like the game enough to want to play it twice in a row.

And from what I read, it just makes enemies deal more damage.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NintendoByNature

A side from links awakening and ocarina it's my most played game but i haven't done hero mode yet. Yea regular may be on the easy side but It doesn't mean it's not as good as others. I'd go as far to say for me ocarina, links awakening, minish cap are a breeze but I still love them.

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

I think I missed hero mode in that game. I can't imagine it adding much to the game though.
Breath of the Wild is the only Zelda game where I've felt like hard mode really does add something. It completely changes the nature of the challenge for the first third of the game. I loved it.

It really turns Korok leaves into a key item, lol.

Edited on by Dezzy

kkslider5552000

I dunno, I never had to be careful in a 2d Zelda in the same way I did doing Hero Mode. In particular when you first enter Lorule, its pretty brutal compared to...anything in Zelda since LTTP. I did a 3 heart run in OOT that was a piece of cake by comparison.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

Morpheel wrote:

I didn't like the game enough to want to play it twice in a row.

And from what I read, it just makes enemies deal more damage.

This is why I've never been into hero mode. I feel like it just makes the game more punishing rather than more challenging. Some people like that, but it's not really my cup of tea. The only time I could see myself using it is in Twilight Princess, where the damage is so low that the game has no tension whatsoever, even though the enemy AI is some of the best in the series.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

rallydefault

@DenDen
Dude (and others), Hero Mode is where it's at. Definitely challenging. The normal game is totally easy, but you gotta do Hero. Can't knock the whole thing if you're not willing to play the whole thing. Just my opinion.

rallydefault

Diddy64

@Monkeido Since Nintendo is listening more to what the fans want, it's safe to say that the clawshot will return. They could make some areas having the option of reaching via two ways: One way be via gliding and the other way via clawshot. That way one can choose how one reach the areas. It can also helps reach areas quicker than the paraglider, which can be used in puzzles with time limit or as a second way to solve some non-time limit puzzles. If we look at the shrines, some had more than one way to solve them. They can make some shrines and dungeons have the option of being solved in a different way using the clawshot. So the more options we have, the better

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

DenDen

I did all the games that have hero mode, and i did beat all of them.
Breath of the wild was tricky though

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Monkeido

SamusLv7 wrote:

@Monkeido Since Nintendo is listening more to what the fans want, it's safe to say that the clawshot will return. They could make some areas having the option of reaching via two ways: One way be via gliding and the other way via clawshot. That way one can choose how one reach the areas. It can also helps reach areas quicker than the paraglider, which can be used in puzzles with time limit or as a second way to solve some non-time limit puzzles. If we look at the shrines, some had more than one way to solve them. They can make some shrines and dungeons have the option of being solved in a different way using the clawshot. So the more options we have, the better

Apologies I didn't reply to this sooner! I'd definitely like this! I think the clawshot/hookshot is a staple of the Zelda franchise and would very much fit with the traversal methods already available in BotW. Here's hoping you're right! ^^

Monkeido

Diddy64

@Monkeido It's all right 😊

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Dezzy

So when do you think we'll hear more on this? My guess is that it'll be fairly quiet and then there'll be a big reveal at next E3, with a late 2020/early 2021 release date.

Although maybe the fact that we already know sorta what the game will be like (BotW but new story and new features/locations probably) will mean they're less likely to hold back info for a big surprise, and they'll maybe just give us constant updates every 4 months or so?

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic