Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,383

Morpheel

Nope. There's nothing besides the game card and a pretty drawing (on the other side of the cover) inside the box.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarthNocturnal

sigh

You know... when they re-release a half-decade+ old game... you'd think they'd have the insight to fix bugs that have been present since the original versions of the game and are well documented. Or at least, fix the ones that can actually have permanent negative effects on one's save file.

Completely forgot (or was unaware) of the Arcwind Point word of power radiant quest bug. Now I can't get new kinds of that quest anymore... unless it randomly decides it's wants to trigger. Which it probably won't. All because I did another area that might've fixed it beforehand.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Mii_duck

@DarthNocturnal - thank you for the head's up on that, I'll Google it.

The bug that caught me out was the 'slow time' perk you can add to the blocking skill, where the game glitches and stays permanently in 'slow time', forcing you to reload a save. I can't believe they didn't take the chance to fix big flaws like that.

Mii_duck

DarthNocturnal

What's even more offensive... is Creation Club. A good chunk of that stuff is made by Bethesda. Apparently, fixing bugs is bad, but creating a new sword to sell for $5 is A-OK... I blame Zenimax.

It might've been a tad extreme, but I deleted the files (autosaves still had the quest). I've played this game enough that it's not much of a loss. I still enjoy the game, but... dang man, if you've got the time to peddle Creation Club, you have time to fix bugs.

And yes, Fallout 4, I am looking at you too.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Mii_duck

I've just beat The Ebony Warrior! Wooo Hooo!

Sorry, just had to blow my own trumpet for a bit, but just defeated the (admittedly very polite) big boss who appears when you reach level 80. Well, I say I beat him but in reality I summoned Karstaag and ran to a safe distance. Happy days.

Mii_duck

Haru17

I forget if this works: Can you unrelenting force / ice form the Ebony Warrior off of a cliff and cheese it?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Tasuki

@8-Bit_Superman Well.they said that it's not for this gen it will be a next gen game so if it does come to a Nintendo console it will be the Switch's predecessor.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryu_Niiyama

Not expecting a switch version for VI but I am really hoping this comes out next year. Bethesda is good for same year announcement/releases. (I just wanna play it) here is hoping the building aspect is expanded.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tasuki

@SilverEdge92 What is there to talk about. They literally showed nothing but a name and heck even the name isn't complete. If you notice there's no subtitle like Skyrim or Oblivion or Daggerfall etc.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KirbyTheVampire

@8-Bit_Superman Probably just to shut up the people hounding them for it, even though Elder Scrolls 6 was inevitable anyway. As if they'll stop making games in their biggest series.

KirbyTheVampire

shaneoh

SilverEdge92 wrote:

Surprised nobody's mentioned it already, Bethesda officially announced The Elder Scrolls VI at their presentation.

Now with only three skills, melee, magic and stealth! And zero attributes! Plus twice as many bugs as Skyrim.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

FaeKnight

Wait, you can melee in Skyrim? I thought the only combat build was Stealth Archer?

In all seriousness, why go with a mage or melee build when stealth archery is so powerful? Not that you have to chose if you want to be a mage, melee, or archery build. Just work on the skills you want to use, and you can max them all out (multiple times). Granted, trying to work on melee when you leveled an archer build quite a lot can be a pain.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@FaeKnight High elf mages are the only character class in TES. Something in your way? Burn it. Someone in your way? Burn them. A hundred people in your way? Burn them all at once. Did they scratch you while you were trying to burn them? Heal yourself back to max. Then burn them. They were the only one with the key to the only door to the 8 story tower you needed to get to the roof of? Just effing fly there.

And if you're looking to change things up, try electrocuting them just for fun!

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Morpheel

Meanwhile my lizard man misses the arrow shot, alerts the enemy, and fumbles about trying to swing a sword and use magic at the same time.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

FaeKnight

Yosheel wrote:

Meanwhile my lizard man misses the arrow shot, alerts the enemy, and fumbles about trying to swing a sword and use magic at the same time.

It takes a long time and is boring, but you can grind 100 Stealth in the tutorial by grabbing a knife and backstabbing the torturer over and over again while waiting for his health to regen between stabbings. (why has that still not been fixed?!). At which point you'll almost never have to worry about being spotted unless it's a random wolf in the wilderness, your follower charges in recklessly, a civilian is looking in your direction, you get reckless, or are trying for a melee backstab.

EDIT: It was stupid and tedious, but I just killed the end boss of the first barrow you're suppose to delve into at the start of the game. I did so by crouch walking up to the dragon words wall thingie, crouch walking across the room while the boss was breaking his way out of the coffin, then plinking him with an arrow and waiting for him to stop searching. Yeah, sure he was leveled enough I could barely hurt him with a sneak attack due to me grinding Stealth in the tutorial (as well as one handed melee to an extent). Sure it took 30 or 40 arrows to defeat the boss. But I did in fact win, without ever actually being detected.

Edited on by FaeKnight

FaeKnight

Mountain_Man

FaeKnight wrote:

Wait, you can melee in Skyrim? I thought the only combat build was Stealth Archer?

In all seriousness, why go with a mage or melee build when stealth archery is so powerful? Not that you have to chose if you want to be a mage, melee, or archery build. Just work on the skills you want to use, and you can max them all out (multiple times). Granted, trying to work on melee when you leveled an archer build quite a lot can be a pain.

I played a stealthy archer on PC, and it is indeed a very powerful build. On Switch, I went with a battle mage with bound sword and destruction magic who is also extremely effective.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

FaeKnight

Not sure if it's a bug, but if you intend to be stealthy it seems using a bow is required. With maxed out stealth (100) and a bow in hand (or even magic) you can be three inches away from an enemy that's looking in your direction with a campfire at your back and they probably wont see you. If you have a melee weapon out though, it seems like enemies can see you with ease regardless of how high your stealth is.

EDIT: On the other hand, I like that if you pay close attention when picking locks, you can tell where the 'sweet spot' is just by the HD rumble effects.

Edited on by FaeKnight

FaeKnight

CheepCheepAngler

I roll with a conjurartion archer who can sneak. It works surprisingly well.

CheepCheepAngler

bluemage1989

Been playing this for the first time since it launched on the Xbox 360 (feels like a life time ago!!) and its been bringing back some great memories. I have to admit the game has not aged anywhere near as well as I thought it would. Interiors, especially caves, feel to cramped and the lighting feels off. Whether this was an intentional design choice or just the limitations of the hardware at the time I don't know. NPC animations and movement are rough and the whole sliding along thing is just as jarring as ever before. Character movement feels awkward. Despite all of this it can't be denied this game is still magical to play. You can forgive it all because exploring this well designed massive open world still feels exciting and looks beautiful.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic