Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,231

Ryu_Niiyama

@dionysos283 at this point I would recommend you do a guild questline (mages, thieves, dark brotherhood and its split, companions or the civil war factions).

They are smaller than the main quest but structured (mostly) and give you a chance to get a feel of how you want to roll your character. TES games are a “do what you want” type games so it’s harder to give new users tips on how to play. Plus many of the questlines take you all over skyrim. So free sightseeing!

I do recommend that you at least become an acknowledged dovakiin though so that you can use shouts even if you don’t care about the main quest. The guild quests all tend to give you a new word for the thu’um.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Xyphon22

@DarthNocturnal Yeah, see, what I read there was "Soul gems blah blah many sizes something or other enchanting some more random words." Like I said, I just started and probably wouldn't even know about soul gems and enchanting except I found a manual for the 360 version online, and I've found a number of soul gems lying around and took them. I'm sure I'll come to grips with it all when I need to, and if I don't, I'm also sure I can just ignore it like I do with this kind of thing in most RPGs (never did it in Oblivion, almost never did the crafting of gems or whatever they are called in Xenoblade, etc.).

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

rallydefault

I got Skyrim when it first came out for...what, the 360? I honestly don't remember. But even though I'm a huge medieval fantasy fan, it never jived with me and I didn't beat it. I bought it for Switch when it first came out, and I rushed through and finally beat the main story. It was relatively fun and engaging, but yea... Bethesda's first-person RPG style just isn't my thing.

rallydefault

Ryu_Niiyama

And I am still playing lol!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

PlusUltra

One thing I regret in this game and witcher 3 is not investing in the basics first. Im really feeling not investing in either one handed and two handed skill tree alongside speech.

After the second and third prince of Persia game where I enjoyed climbing a bit I must admit I haven't been too eager to return to a game with climbing. I haven't tried an assassin Creed game yet although black flag collection is on my list.

Though there isn't proper climbing in the game I thought what I was doing was considered climbing because I occasionally slowly short jump to some pretty high places. I think the last time I played I actually got stuck in a hole on a mountain. Lol. That happened once in outerworlds too, a little pass where you find the body and I guess the geothermal machines.

PlusUltra

Mountain_Man

Skyrim is the greatest mediocre game ever made. I readily admit that it's flawed, but I still love it.

The Mountain Man

Magician

After all of these years Skyrim is still a top-five personal favorite.

Just a janky-but-wonderful world to waste time in.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how broken and busted Starfield will be on arrival.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

PlusUltra

I agree. Its been really cool playing witcher 3, Skyrim, and outerworlds for the first time on switch. I love that they share similarities like crafting but each game has its own specific seasoning for the recipe, and no one tries to sue one another because those systems in general enrich all games.

Once you realize how much you can do and how many options you truly have at your disposal, the fact that you are playing one of the greatest games ever made starts to sink in.

PlusUltra

PlusUltra

@Slowdive Yeah Skyrim is so big and free its the game where you can actually and would actually want to play things differently every time, yet as they say so often with breath of the wild, discover new things and ways to play everytime.

I thought I wanted a mage build but its just not the best choice for my current playstyle. Halfway up the mountain to the greybeards I stopped because I was getting owned by bears and ice wraiths too easily. I decided to stop and do more side quests so that I could see if a warrior build would fit me better.

I tried to invest at least once in a few skill trees since Im still in the beginning and might change my mind.

Edited on by PlusUltra

PlusUltra

Xyphon22

Man, I haven't played this in awhile in order to play some other games that I could beat and sell afterwards, but I jumped back in today and apparently don't have a clue what I'm doing. I'm trying to do a bow because everyone says it's better just from a gameplay perspective because Bethesda's combat is lacking (and I concur from being basically sword-exclusive in Oblivion), but it never seems to do anything. I'm in some valley and I just get wasted every time I try to shoot people, so I always fall back on magic on one hand and melee in the other and do a little better, but not much. Oh, well. I'm sure I'll figure it out once I actually put some time into it.

Xyphon22

PlusUltra

@Xyphon22 😆 I do a bit of mixed weapon magic arts too, until they have a mage too. Then I hit them with that everything but the kitchen sink no jutsu.

I feel the same about the bow sometimes. Do you have an enchanted bow plus enchanted necklace and ring for bow damage on the side plus upgrades in the archer skill tree?

I dont have any upgrades in archery skill tree which is probably my issue, also I keep in mind the bound bow suggestion when playing although I havent got it yet. Enchanted stuff is very useful but having to acquire/create and maintain them isn't, which is why I decided to stop upgrading that tree for the moment and focus on other skill trees that increase damage.

Edited on by PlusUltra

PlusUltra

Xyphon22

@PlusUltra No, I'm really not that far into the game yet. I probably could just start over at this point, but I'm far enough that I don't want to do that (the beginning with creating your character and everything is kind of a slog, and I went through one fairly long cave/dungeon thing and learned some word that I guess serves some purpose at some point). So yeah, I'll just stick with it. And I'm doing a side mission, so I guess I can just leave and continue on my way if I decide I just can't get through it right now. But I can't just leave that poor defenseless tree to die!

Xyphon22

PlusUltra

@Xyphon22 This is good news I dont remember where I got enchanted neckless and ring from but i had them for a long time and possibly got them off different bodies. If I remember correctly at some point I also got a light helmet that increases bow damage.

Anyways circle that tree three times for good luck, and for the sake of all that is wooly never look those wooly cows in the eye or they will realize you are on to their wooly cow conspiracy.

PlusUltra

Pirate1

Will we see anniversary edition on switch at any point? It sounds like it’ll be quite large (file size-wise), from what I’ve read. I know the current footprint is large already and not sure how much more the graphics can be enhanced at this point. But it would be neat to get the additional content (not that I’m anywhere near close to doing everything, it’s just nice to have a lot of things to do that you can pick up and drop as wanted).

Pirate1

Magician

Not impossible, but I doubt it.

Besides, I'm not keen to purchase Skyrim for a third time just to play Creation Club content.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TheFrenchiestFry

@Pirate1 Probably not. Anniversary Edition seems to essentially be a re-release of Special Edition with more Creation Club content, the fishing mechanic and next gen enhancements

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

NEStalgia

The raytracing for Switch will be announced along side Switch Pro.

NEStalgia

Zenchuk

I’m hoping for an anniversary edition to come to switch.

I’ve got a lot of hours into the switch one and can’t move my saves over to PC.

Cross save would be nice….

Zenchuk

WoomyNNYes

North America region eshop, has anyone seen this go on sale for cheaper than $29.99? That's it's current sale price, but I can't recall if I've seen it for less.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Tyranexx

WoomyNNYes wrote:

North America region eshop, has anyone seen this go on sale for cheaper than $29.99? That's it's current sale price, but I can't recall if I've seen it for less.

I'm unsure if it's went cheaper physical, but according to DekuDeals, the current eShop price matches the previous sales low.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic