Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 641 to 660 of 11,404

link3710

Here's one. LRG has announced the announcement of their first Switch title. Not the announcement of an announcement everyone was waiting for I'm sure though

link3710

link3710

@Paraka It's a marketing ploy if that's what you mean. That's what marketing teams do lol.

link3710

TalonMan

link3710 wrote:

@TalonMan and anyone else: Signature Editions is now taking preorders for the Switch version of Count Lucanor!
https://signatureeditiongames.com/collections/nintendo-switch...

EDIT: Welp, got ninja'd ah well.

Done - ORDERED!!!

I'm so pissed at myself because I had that Indivisible game bookmarked FOREVER (and based on my last email exchange with the people over there, I didn't think they were planning to cut-off pre-orders like that), and now I missed out on it!!!! I'm not about to let THAT happen again, which is why I placed this order IMMEDIATELY!

If anyone hears about a "second chance" offering on Indivisible, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

Btw - I have officially confirmed that Stern Pinball is a legitimate physical release (regardless of the weird availability here in the US - "sold out" at Best Buy, not even listed on Amazon, etc.). My order from Target has just shipped, so unless they've shipped me a completely different item than the one I purchased, I think it's safe to assume the game is available...

TalonMan

link3710

I found a copy of Stern Pinball at GameStop today, it's definitely around.

link3710

MrCIB

TalonMan wrote:

link3710 wrote:

@TalonMan and anyone else: Signature Editions is now taking preorders for the Switch version of Count Lucanor!
https://signatureeditiongames.com/collections/nintendo-switch...

EDIT: Welp, got ninja'd ah well.

Done - ORDERED!!!

I'm so pissed at myself because I had that Indivisible game bookmarked FOREVER (and based on my last email exchange with the people over there, I didn't think they were planning to cut-off pre-orders like that), and now I missed out on it!!!! I'm not about to let THAT happen again, which is why I placed this order IMMEDIATELY!

If anyone hears about a "second chance" offering on Indivisible, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

Btw - I have officially confirmed that Stern Pinball is a legitimate physical release (regardless of the weird availability here in the US - "sold out" at Best Buy, not even listed on Amazon, etc.). My order from Target has just shipped, so unless they've shipped me a completely different item than the one I purchased, I think it's safe to assume the game is available...

This is why Limited Run Games shy away from pre-orders as they want tocreate a sense of urgency. They are drumming up to start switch sales in March..... so be on the lookout

My Rule of Thumb on Pre-Orders........ If it a kickstarter, indiegogo, or direct .....Pre-Order right away and hold on the big box retail pre-orders unless it's a retail exclusive like LEGO City Undercover (Big Box) from Toys R US.

Edited on by MrCIB

MrCIB

leerafuse

I appreciate this forum more then you guys know. I have every 64 game, and I am collecting NES games as those are my systems growing up...I skipped SNES for Genesis ...I know.. ha but I am back into it with Switch. To be 32 and play Switch with my young kids or on the couch and not have to leave the room is amazing. Nintendo did it again. I am at 60 physical games right now, but damn it, I will collect all, why, I doubt know, but its a fun hobby! And my love for Nintendo is back again. I check this often as reference so thank you!

Edited on by leerafuse

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Paraka

@TalonMan - You can start by contacting the devs of Indivisible stating the concern of a physical release post launch. Maybe they'll consider a second run, I have already did this. But more gives it leverage.

Paraka

TalonMan

Paraka wrote:

@TalonMan - You can start by contacting the devs of Indivisible stating the concern of a physical release post launch. Maybe they'll consider a second run, I have already did this. But more gives it leverage.

I will do that! I'm also going to harrass them with the "Oh, take your time - we don't see a cut-off in the near future" email, they had sent me!!

I'm pissed - seriously! Pissed at myself for not monitoring their Twitter feed, and pissed at them for such a drop-dead cutoff!!

TalonMan

Paraka

@TalonMan - I don't have social media, and ended up in the same boat. Only because my planned backing was literally a day too late (financial priorities and all that).

Paraka

fatbaldman

im upset also i just emailed them too.

fatbaldman

MrCIB

I don't see how people can be upset when you made the decision to wait and get upset when it ended. It sat there forever for orders. In life you have to be proactive instead of reactive. If you passed it up to pay some bills then you made the right decision.

Edited on by MrCIB

MrCIB

Paraka

@MrCIB - It's the bitterness of feeling of "being punished" when making right decisions.

Honestly they were pretty quiet of its inevitable ending, but an end is an end and now my collection will be scarred for my lack of frugality.

Paraka

MrCIB

@Paraka that makes sense. I’ve collected for a long time. More often than not what you missed always comes back around at some point.

MrCIB

link3710

So of the new titles announced (see below), anyone have confirmation on physical status?

• The World Ends With You: Final Remix - 2018
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - May 4th 2018
  • Hyrule Warrirors: Definitive Edition - Spring 2018
  • Dark Souls: Remastered - May 25th, 2018
  • Mario Tennis: Aces - Spring 2018
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimos of DANA - Summer 2018
  • SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy - Summer 2018

Also Kirby: Star Allies can be updated for March 16, 2018, Payday 2 is February 23, 2018,

Fe and Celeste are confirmed as eshop releases, so not on this list of updates. The rest were implied physical since they weren't listed as eshop only, but I don't have confimation of course.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Paraka

@MrCIB - It is why I encourage the emails. Makes the second chance more likely (if any of course).

@link3710 - And looks to be the first three months of focus. Fe and Flipping Death are both one Spink would love to make physical. Only the latter being within their control.

Paraka

link3710

Yeah, we'll see, but they're launching eShop only at least. And I'd say that's their focus though May at least. We'll probably see June and July announced in February or April (FE and/or Yoshi alongside a Wii U port probably), and August onwards at E3, like usual. Still, we've almost got as many physical releases announced already for 2018 as there are released for the whole of 2017, so it'll be a crazy year.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic