Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 5,561 to 5,580 of 11,401

Magician

Horizon Chase Turbo is open to preorder on Amazon NA.
https://www.amazon.com/Horizon-Chase-Turbo-Nintendo-Switch/dp...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Raiden V: Director's Cut has been rated for a physical release in North America.

One less game I'll have to import.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

yeayeanaynay

shame they dont just give us compilation
cart with all the old games. I heard Raiden V is plagued with bad game design

yeayeanaynay

Magician

The developer, 34BigThings, can take all the time they need.

We don't want another subpar port like Xenon Racer.

Magician

Decay of Logos has been rated for a physical release in North America via Rising Star Games.

yeayeanaynay

super rare are tooting larger print runs for future releases. 5000 standard copies n 1000 collectors editions announced for there next release..

yeayeanaynay

MasterBlaster

Solomon18 wrote:

super rare are tooting larger print runs for future releases. 5000 standard copies n 1000 collectors editions announced for there next release..

Maybe they will change their name to "Pretty Rare Games" with the increased print run?

Edited on by MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

yeayeanaynay

@MasterBlaster that'll be good since there are two srg's (special reserve & super rare) it can get a bit confusing at times

yeayeanaynay

yeayeanaynay

physical version of mortal kombat 11 will require download code in order to unlock most content. on a positive that ugly download warning label has been shrunken down in size..

yeayeanaynay

MasterBlaster

Didn't see it posted but Darksiders (Switch of course) had an error with some of its first print run in North America. The spine was black. These are hard to find now because they corrected the issue.

If you see one in a store it would be a good idea to grab it. If you want to see what they look like check Ebay (the prices are high though)

MasterBlaster

Miadaskate

MasterBlaster wrote:

Didn't see it posted but Darksiders (Switch of course) had an error with some of its first print run in North America. The spine was black. These are hard to find now because they corrected the issue.

If you see one in a store it would be a good idea to grab it. If you want to see what they look like check Ebay (the prices are high though)

I’ve seen a lot of back-and-forth about this. Has it actually been confirmed this was a printing error, or perhaps it was actually done on purpose? I feel like it could go either way, but people are just buying it up like crazy assuming that’s the case.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

MasterBlaster

Miadaskate wrote:

MasterBlaster wrote:

I’ve seen a lot of back-and-forth about this. Has it actually been confirmed this was a printing error, or perhaps it was actually done on purpose? I feel like it could go either way, but people are just buying it up like crazy assuming that’s the case.

https://nintendosoup.com/darksiders-warmastered-edition-print...

THQ confirmed it is an error. The corrected ones are out in the wild now and the black ones are really hard to find.

Edited on by MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

@MasterBlaster

Yeah, THQ Nordic's twitter account also confirmed that the first print run of the black box art was an error. Although, in my opinion, it still feels like less of a mistake and more of an inexpensive marketing ploy to raise interest in Switch release of the game. Either way it's fine. Subsequent print runs will have the red spine for those OCD Switch collectors who want all red spines, and collectors have their collectible error black spine.

Magician

Zuljaras wrote:

@Solomon18 But can it be played without the download just from the cart? Like a base version or something like that?

With the absence of the download banner on the box art, it's fair to assume single player vs computer and local versus modes are on the cartridge. Technically, it is playable without the additional download. However, a significant chunk of the game requires the download. The Krypt (which contains the unlockables by simply playing the game), the Tower (online versus I assume), probably all the cutscenes for story mode, the portion of the roster that's locked behind DLC, etc.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic