Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 5,581 to 5,600 of 5,820

Solomon18

super rare are tooting larger print runs for future releases. 5000 standard copies n 1000 collectors editions announced for there next release..

Solomon18

MasterBlaster

Solomon18 wrote:

super rare are tooting larger print runs for future releases. 5000 standard copies n 1000 collectors editions announced for there next release..

Maybe they will change their name to "Pretty Rare Games" with the increased print run?

Edited on by MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Solomon18

@MasterBlaster that'll be good since there are two srg's (special reserve & super rare) it can get a bit confusing at times

Solomon18

Solomon18

physical version of mortal kombat 11 will require download code in order to unlock most content. on a positive that ugly download warning label has been shrunken down in size..

Solomon18

MasterBlaster

Didn't see it posted but Darksiders (Switch of course) had an error with some of its first print run in North America. The spine was black. These are hard to find now because they corrected the issue.

If you see one in a store it would be a good idea to grab it. If you want to see what they look like check Ebay (the prices are high though)

MasterBlaster

Miadaskate

MasterBlaster wrote:

Didn't see it posted but Darksiders (Switch of course) had an error with some of its first print run in North America. The spine was black. These are hard to find now because they corrected the issue.

If you see one in a store it would be a good idea to grab it. If you want to see what they look like check Ebay (the prices are high though)

I’ve seen a lot of back-and-forth about this. Has it actually been confirmed this was a printing error, or perhaps it was actually done on purpose? I feel like it could go either way, but people are just buying it up like crazy assuming that’s the case.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : The Division 2
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

MasterBlaster

Miadaskate wrote:

MasterBlaster wrote:

I’ve seen a lot of back-and-forth about this. Has it actually been confirmed this was a printing error, or perhaps it was actually done on purpose? I feel like it could go either way, but people are just buying it up like crazy assuming that’s the case.

https://nintendosoup.com/darksiders-warmastered-edition-print...

THQ confirmed it is an error. The corrected ones are out in the wild now and the black ones are really hard to find.

Edited on by MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

@MasterBlaster

Yeah, THQ Nordic's twitter account also confirmed that the first print run of the black box art was an error. Although, in my opinion, it still feels like less of a mistake and more of an inexpensive marketing ploy to raise interest in Switch release of the game. Either way it's fine. Subsequent print runs will have the red spine for those OCD Switch collectors who want all red spines, and collectors have their collectible error black spine.

Switch Physical Collection - 334 games (as of May 24th, 2019)
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Monster Hunter World (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Zuljaras

@Solomon18 But can it be played without the download just from the cart? Like a base version or something like that?

Zuljaras

Magician

Zuljaras wrote:

@Solomon18 But can it be played without the download just from the cart? Like a base version or something like that?

With the absence of the download banner on the box art, it's fair to assume single player vs computer and local versus modes are on the cartridge. Technically, it is playable without the additional download. However, a significant chunk of the game requires the download. The Krypt (which contains the unlockables by simply playing the game), the Tower (online versus I assume), probably all the cutscenes for story mode, the portion of the roster that's locked behind DLC, etc.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Monster Hunter World (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Solomon18

so glad I was quick to grab a black spine darksiders for a reasonable a price. they have become sparse already with scalpers charging up to $200 on ebay

Edited on by Solomon18

Solomon18

Miadaskate

@MasterBlaster @Magician

Thanks fellas. I’m going to keep my black spine copy sealed, and buy & open the corrected version.

As much as I hate digital, I had to support Cuphead coming to Switch. Even though I already own it on Xbox (digitally and the dumb case with code as well), I had to support not only the game, but this historical and important shift in partnership between Microsoft and Nintendo. However, I know it’ll eventually get a physical release even though that’s been talked about since the game originally released in 2017. Hopefully more Xbox games are on the way.

Anyone think Box Boy + Box Girl will get a physical release? Never played any of these games before; cute little game. The demo is fun!

Katana Zero is getting a lot of rave reviews. I can definitely see this one getting a physical release down the line.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Magician

@Miadaskate - With my backlog as deep as it is, I can afford to wait for the physical version of Cuphead. As for Box Boy & Box Girl, since it is a first party Nintendo game it would be their decision whether or not the game gets a physical release, and since there hasn't been one announced at this point...there probably won't be. And yes Katana Zero has been getting solid reviews, so I don't doubt that Special Reserve will do a physical release for the game eventually, considering their relationship with Devolver Digital.

Edited on by Magician

SpaceAce13

So upset that I was late to the party on this darksiders misprint. I’ll have to cough up big money to get one at this point

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

@Miadaskate - With my backlog as deep as it is, I can afford to wait for the physical version of Cuphead. As for Box Boy & Box Girl, since it is a first party Nintendo game it would be their decision whether or not the game gets a physical release, and since there hasn't been one announced at this point...there probably won't be. And yes Katana Zero has been getting solid reviews, so I don't doubt that Special Reserve will do a physical release for the game eventually, considering their relationship with Devolver Digital.

I have an enormous multi-console backlog, and I’ll still buy the physical release, but I had just had to help support this partnership. It’s that great of a game that I’ll go against my preferences in order to ensure more Xbox games will come our way. Plus the portability factor is huge. I’m playing it as I type this!

Special Reserve would be the perfect company to do an awesome Katana Zero release.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Magician

Lumines Remastered incoming from LRG.

I assume preorders open next week, but LRG mentions more details coming on the 22nd.

Solomon18

I have no interest in Lumines n thats great cause its already a big month what with Dogma & ffxii just about to hit. jp versions for me. capcom always lavish interior art in the east not to mention the ffxii jp cover art is the bomb

Solomon18

SpaceAce13

I stand corrected. Just found the black spine darksiders in the wild. Pretty happy

SpaceAce13

MasterBlaster

SpaceAce13 wrote:

I stand corrected. Just found the black spine darksiders in the wild. Pretty happy

What store was it at? All of the Wal-Marts and Targets that I have checked are out. Just curious what store type so I can go look too. Thanks

MasterBlaster

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic