Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 11,400

TalonMan

ieatdragonz wrote:

@TalonMan This tweet seems to imply its only the first one, to gauge demand. Likely the next limited run game runs would be adjusted accordingly to the sales of this one.

Ah - ok, that makes sense!! Still, I'd like to know the "final" number they ultimately go with as that's part of the value you get with LRG games - getting to know exactly how many copies of a given game have been pressed, is extremely handy for a collector!!

TalonMan

SVTornado

@TalonMan their first couple of games and their bigger games will be open pre order, even more if this one does well.

Edited on by SVTornado

SVTornado

Sodalis010

My penny punching princess limited edition came today. Nice surprise since it was releasing 4 days from now

Sodalis010

TalonMan

You know, my mood has turned INCREDIBLY dark just now - regarding Switch game collecting, and I figure I'm just gonna vent here for a moment. I truly believe this thread is absolutely perfect for this rant because I am POSITIVE that while every person posting in here has, at some point, at least "considered" what their collection might be worth, none of you are actually buying these games for the SOLE PURPOSE of turning around and re-selling them solely for profit... ...I could be wrong, but that's what my gut tells me. Obviously, you all want to ensure you're not losing your shirt when you buy these games, so of course you're interested in their value - but you're not here solely for PROFITEERING!

And so, my lead question is a straight up: WTF????

I'm looking on eBay right now, and there is actually a seller who's listed Thimbleweed for $55 - RIGHT NOW!! While the pre-orders through LRG are actually still available, this jerk has literally started a listing for $20 more:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thimbleweed-Park-Nintendo-Switch-Lim...

And he's not alone! There's another one listed for $60.99!!!

So far (and thank GOD!!!), nobody's actually purchased these games and the only auctions to have sold and closed are for the "big box" version - but seriously, what the hell is going on? I know there are always scumbags out there, looking to prey on people at all times (and not just with Switch games) - and eBay makes for a WONDERFUL tool, for just this very purpose. But is this really where Switch collecting is headed? I'm sickened by the whole thing right now, I mean it.

Don't get me wrong - the whole reason I was even on eBay was to see what my purchase might be worth, and to see what the historical value of LRG games in general were. But this was SOLELY for educational purposes!!! I wouldn't even DREAM of selling my copy of Thimbleweed! Hell, I don't even have a reason to open the darn thing when it gets here, because I've already purchased (and beaten!) the game MONTHS ago from eShop.

But THESE people are buying the game SOLELY for the purpose of selling it - and that is a TOTALLY different thing!! The game has not even shipped from the seller, and only because these greedy M^#@ERF*&@#RS just happened to be faster with completing a check-out process, they are already listing the game for TWICE its initial value (sometimes MORE)!!! I'm disgusted with the whole thing, I really am - and more than that, I'm disheartened.

I've spent the past year or so, working to try and maintain a 100% collection rate (and it's been rough, as I'm sure a lot of you can attest to, as well) but now, I don't know that I want to continue and I mean that. Is there going to be another LRG event like this where, because I mistyped my credit card number during the check-out process, everything was delayed by just enough microseconds that I've now missed out on a purchase altogether? Is there going to be another "common" game like This Is The Police where (for reasons NOBODY seems to know or understand and without warning) it suddenly goes out of print (FYI - you can snag one for $18 on Amazon, RIGHT NOW so HURRY!!!!) and so now people are selling it for two or three times the original price?

I just don't know if I want to do this anymore, because this really sucks the joy out of collecting these games. It's no longer about trying to see how complete I can build my collection - it's now becoming solely a race to beat the clock and a demand that I purchase everything RIGHT AWAY, in an effort to avoid getting ripped off down the line... ...it's all so very disappointing.

TalonMan

ieatdragonz

@TalonMan Oh man, you have no idea how right you are haha. Real talk I am not a collector, many of the people visiting the site are much older than me (18) and have tons more games, not only from their childhood but their collections as well. However, I have always been incredibly interested in collecting, and I love my "collection" but if I told anyone another collector the games are all unsealed, they would probably laugh.

With the Wii U, I liked to watch and see which games would become "rare". Hello Kitty was one of them, but I never bought it. I just can't sacrifice myself to collect garbage just because it would be "rare" or "expensive" one day. I think the rarest Wii U item I have is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Edition North America, and that's only because I live in New York. It's really a mental struggle when it comes to this stuff and the whole things a bit sad.

Though I don't forget the reason I still follow everything, the reason I like to make lists and chronicle all this stuff. Its because I love gaming. I love gaming so much, many of the boxes on my shelf aren't just objects but chests of hundreds of hours of fun. Digital only, while honestly more convenient would lose that luster of just looking through my shelf and smiling.

In your case, I understand the anxiety to collect so hard. Imagine in the future, someone wanted to have an entire switch collection. Holy hell, he would be broke. With Limited Run Games, Super Run Games, Region exclusives, special editions (some with the ACTUAL GAME CART, looking at you Bayonetta, and even some not, looking at you Sonic Mania), companies with low print, etc.

It's disgusting watching scalpers take advantage of this. People are collecting for the love of video games, but you are here just to steal that dream away huh? They really don't care, scalpers scalp holiday toys for crying out loud. Honestly I'm not even sure how to end this, except with a I understand and feel your frustration entirely and a final f**k you to scalpers.

Edited on by ieatdragonz

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

TalonMan

ieatdragonz wrote:

People are collecting for the love of video games.

This sums up my entire reason for collecting, perfectly - because you're 100% correct! I absolutely love collecting, and it's solely because I love video games. When I buy consoles, I save EVERY SINGLE PIECE of insert that comes in that box!! Every baggie, every twisty tie, every single scrap of paper!!! I still have my NES (w/ R.O.B.) and the huge box it came in back then, with all the styrofoam inserts and everything - not because I have an ounce of desire to sell any of it, but because I want to preserve history for as long as I can.

I have purchased some of the WORST games ever made (Superman 64, anyone??) - and that cartridge (like every other N64 game I have) is in its cardboard box, for now and it will NEVER be sold!!!

I don't know why I'm bothered by this - it's not like it should be all that much of a surprise. These people on eBay are ALWAYS looking for the next "in" thing that they can profit off of, and right now the Switch (and the physical games on it) is highly visible and an easy target for trying to turn a quick buck. But it absolutely DOES bother me (more so than ever before), and I despise these people for sucking the joy out of my favorite hobby...

TalonMan

MrCIB

@TalonMan I usually don't comment on rants like this but this is a close group so I feel the need. If you have been collecting for as long as you have it ALWAYS been this way. I will never let ANNYONE or ANY CIRCUMSTANCE steal my joy of collecting. Are there times I miss out on a game......... sure but that's life. I can't have it all and I'm ok with that. If I get beat to a game does it hurt........ yup but I don't let that make me quit. I have collected games a long time and this behavior isn't going to change anytime soon. Be happy, enjoy collecting and go to the things you control

MrCIB

ieatdragonz

If anyone missed it Steamworld Dig 2 physical is coming out May 22nd in North America, about a month after its European release.

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

MarioBrickLayer

@TalonMan Don't let it get you down mate, scalpers will be around forever, there's a guy called PatTheNesPunk on Youtube who calls out some of the worst.

Going for a complete switch collection is going to be intense, especially since companies like LRG have come along. The system could have a 7-10 year cycle, it wouldn't surprise me if it ended with 1000+ physical titles. There are already 900+ released or confirmed titles.

I'm personally half buying games to play and half collecting, I think I'm going to skip LRG, their 1st four titles aren't must haves for me, but I have decided I might collect Super Rare Games titles, Flame in the Flood really appeals to me.

MarioBrickLayer

TalonMan

MrCIB wrote:

@TalonMan I usually don't comment on rants like this but this is a close group so I feel the need. If you have been collecting for as long as you have it ALWAYS been this way. I will never let ANNYONE or ANY CIRCUMSTANCE steal my joy of collecting. Are there times I miss out on a game......... sure but that's life. I can't have it all and I'm ok with that. If I get beat to a game does it hurt........ yup but I don't let that make me quit. I have collected games a long time and this behavior isn't going to change anytime soon. Be happy, enjoy collecting and go to the things you control

I guess maybe it just feels more abusive right now. It's one thing if NISA puts out a collector edition (which they've given you months to pre-order), and those editions run out and you've missed it (which has happened to me with both Disgaea and Touhou Kobuto, because both of those games had come out long before I even discovered this thread) - I can live with that, you snooze you lose. And if you really want those games after the fact, then you will have to pay a premium.

And games go out of print all the time so again (though I can't remember one seeming to have gone out so early, like This Is The Police - if that is, in fact, what's happened), if you snooze you lose. This happened to me with Afrika for the PS3 - by the time I started collecting for that system, that game had long been out of print. And so, to get a copy I was forced to bide my time and wait for the right deal to come along on eBay. But again, I'm TOTALLY fine with this - this is absolutely in line with any type of collecting, as some items are simply worth more than others. I'm completely on board with that, and it's more than acceptable - it's to be expected!

But it's a completely different thing when a company like LRG is intentionally releasing an incredibly small number of copies of a game and more than HALF the people rushing in to buy them, are buying them solely for the purpose of immediately turning around and putting them up on eBay at an extreme mark-up! They've done nothing to earn that profit, other than to elbow their way in line fast enough, while probably knocking somebody out who was legitimately trying to buy a game for themselves. And I guess that's why I'm so frustrated - because it could have VERY WELL been me!!! Like everyone else, I had my alarm set, sitting on that page as the pre-order time approached - waiting for my opportunity to buy the game. But I was buying it to OWN it, and it could have very easily been ME that got knocked out - just so some jerk could turn around and re-sell the exact same game, 5 minutes later for DOUBLE the price!!

Anyway - judging from the fact that the PS4 version (with an install base at least five times greater than the Switch) is STILL available 24hrs later (with over 50% of the stock still remaining!!), perhaps over time interest will wane a bit and it won't be as difficult to score a game like this. For now, I just can't help but feel utter disdain for these people.

But you're right - and after having had the day to cool down over it, I refuse to let it bother me. I really do love game collecting (it's my most cherished hobby), and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let these people ruin it for me!!!! Besides, in the end I DID get the version I wanted and for that alone, I'm happy as hell!

TalonMan

TalonMan

MarioBrickLayer wrote:

@TalonMan Don't let it get you down mate, scalpers will be around forever, there's a guy called PatTheNesPunk on Youtube who calls out some of the worst.

Going for a complete switch collection is going to be intense, especially since companies like LRG have come along. The system could have a 7-10 year cycle, it wouldn't surprise me if it ended with 1000+ physical titles. There are already 900+ released or confirmed titles.

I'm personally half buying games to play and half collecting, I think I'm going to skip LRG, their 1st four titles aren't must haves for me, but I have decided I might collect Super Rare Games titles, Flame in the Flood really appeals to me.

Yeah - that's another good point! When I committed to attempting to 100% the Switch (this is the first console I've ever truly tried to do this with, from launch!), I was expecting Nintendo (like everyone else) to slowly push the games to an eventual "digital only" world - I figured, in the beginning there might be 60-70% of all games available on cartridge, but as the generation wore on, that number would drop to about 30% of the library... ...but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I will ALWAYS prefer a cartridge to digital (collecting or not!!) - I just didn't expect the support to be there, to justify them continuing to push them out. And so (and with companies like LRG, SuperRare, etc.), I don't see that ratio moving (in fact, it might actually go UP!!) with more than 75% of the final Switch library having been made available on cartridge. Which will EASILY put the number of games into the thousands!!! VERY EXPENSIVE and INCREDIBLY difficult to try and achieve 100%!

SuperRare is very intriguing, but I they're still VERY early in their startup phase and they're struggling to figure things out - so make sure to keep your expectations in line. As I'm typing this, my copy of Human Fall Flat just FINALLY arrived - I placed this order back on 3/9, and it took until 3/22 just for the game to ship! They've mentioned improving their shipping methods which will (HOPEFULLY) lower the costs and improve delivery speed, so we'll see - just know that they're the new kids on the block, and so you'll need to be prepared for a bit of slowness until they hit the next gear...

TalonMan

MellowMonster

@TalonMan I’ve struggled with this very issue and have even struggled with carrying on or stopping as I didn’t want to battle for things that should be a fun hobby. But tbh I love the support that everyone in the group has given to you.

I used to be a big movie collector and stopped as I felt going from vhs to dvd to blu-ray to 4K was an endless cycle of buying the same things over and over.

Always loved gaming but bought the switch on a whim for zelda only and then stumbled on to this list and fell in love with the idea of getting them all. As I had found my new hobby in collecting I quickly found that the scalpers were worse here than I had ever experienced before.

But reading the support from everyone including the always wise, @MrCIB I am more determined than ever to not only keep on with my collection but having fun while doing so. Thanks guys!

MellowMonster

Anti-Matter

Ah, for me is simple.
I buy the games that i NEED & have interest about.
I don't have to buy All games.
Better keep your money for something important.

Anti-Matter

Sodalis010

Brawlout is now available to preorder on amazon

Sodalis010

SVTornado

Yesterday origins by microids coming to switch. Physical confirmed for Europe, not (yet) for North America.

SVTornado

revolutionika

Games to add to list:

2064 Read Only Memories Integral (Online Exclusive)
Airport Sumulator
All Star Fruit Racing
Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (ntsc version)
Aragami: Director's Cut (Merge Games) (Europe)
Blacksad
Coma: Recut, The
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Firefighters: The Simulation
Gem Smashers (Markt+Technik) (Europe)
Grip
Hello Kitty Kruisers
Hunting Simulator (BigBen Interactive) (Europe)
Icey
Legend of Kay Anniversary...
LEGO The Incredibles
Levántate: All Stars (Badland Games) (Europe)
Little Dragon Cafe
Little Nightmares: Complete Edition
Minecraft Switch Edition
Moto GP18
Mutant Mudds Collection
My Academia: One’s Justice
My Little Riding Champion
Namco Museum
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 Deluxe Edition
Outlast 1 & 2
Penguin Wars (Dispatch Games) (Europe)
Pillars of Eternity II..
PixARK
Professional Construction: The Simulation
Raven: Remastered, The
Riot Civil Unrest
Runbow: Deluxe Edition
Snow Moto Racing Freedom (ntsc version)
State of Mind (Daedalic Entertainment) (Europe)
Super Smash Bros. ‘2018’
Syberia 3
Terraria
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops (Wired Productions) (Europe)
Undertale
Urban Trial Playground
Va-11-Hall-A (Japan Exclusive W/English Option)
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Victor Vron: Overkill Edition
Vostok Inc (Wired Productions) (Europe)
V Rally 4
Wasteland 2 Director’s Cut
Yesterday Origins (Europe)
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

revolutionika

SVTornado

@revolutionika where was Vostok inc. confirmed for a physical release? I only saw a potential deal with SRG.

SVTornado

SpaceAce13

Runner 3 has apparently been pushed back to May 22

SpaceAce13

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic