Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 11,396

Enigminator

That's quite the library. So far, I only have 10 retail Switch games.

Enigminator

MrCIB

@TalonMan I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! But the 30 euro stickers are the best! keep up the great work.

What variation of the switch are you collecting? I see Euro games so figure I would ask.

Edited on by MrCIB

MrCIB

TalonMan

Yeah - I intentionally put those 5 in the front, as I found them to be the most unique (and difficult) games to get to date. Although I'm surprised that Human Fall Flat, with a limited run of 5k prints, is actually still available one month after release!! I really think Super Rare needs to do a MUCH better job of marketing if they're going to succeed!! I mean, The Flame in the Flood (I'm fairly sure) sold pretty darn well and was very well liked - how could that one possibly still be available for pre-order?!?!?

Anyway - I've been pretty much sticking with the theme of the OP for my purchases. Obviously, I'm buying all NA releases - but I'm also willing to buy any import that has an option for English. So typically, that means just about EVERY physical release, other than Japan. I was about one click away from ordering Voez, before I discovered Amazon had a NA release scheduled!!!!

I've been aiming to put a priority on any "limited" or "collector" edition game, as well (as you can see in that back row).

Since launch, the only games I haven't yet purchased are:

• Arms (I'm really just not interested in this game, I know it will be in print forever, and I'm just waiting for a damn discount!!!)
  • Doom
  • Syberia 2
  • Bayonetta (because I just can't decide which version I want!!! Do I go all out for the "climax" edition? Should I just get the UK import? Or, just settle up and get the lame NA version??? Decisions, decisions!!)
  • Kirby & Attack on Titan (the only reason I've held off, is because I've paid a GOOD CHUNK of change to NISA for all the games they're suddenly putting out and I've had to keep up with, but I will get these in a couple of weeks)

Beyond that - I've got everything else!! I even found a copy of Island Flight Simulator (for a reasonable price), which I'm just waiting for it to arrive... ...WHEW!!!! It's been an EXTREMELY expensive Year #1 for the Switch, but I've loved every single one of these purchases (even if I haven't been able to OPEN more than 3/4s of my games)

TalonMan

TalonMan

Close up of the back row "special" purchases:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

TalonMan

MrCIB

@TalonMan Awesome man! Your collection picture made my night. We collect the same variation except I sometimes pick up a Japanese Exclusive Collector's Edition that didn't receive one in the west (i.e. Fate Extrella). I have become more strategic in my purchase. Always picking up collector's editions, Euro exclusive releases, Japanese English (got burned on VOez), limited run releases and store exclusives.... no matter what............ then I wait for the run of the mill standard releases to Drop at Best Buy due to GCU. I got burned with price drops when I started all guns blazing and figured I needed to be more calculated in it worked out so far.

I am missing

• Dragon Quest Builders
  • Kirby
  • Monster Energy Supercross
  • Overcooked

(I am missing a few standard editions such as AOT2, Atelier, Bayonetta, Longest 5, NBA2K18 and Penny Princess that I am hoping to go on sale but I have their collector's edition)

It's fun to keep up with and chase them down. This has been the best community I have been apart of and truly excited for everyone that is building their collection.

oh P.@. Syberia 2 is coming on a double pack with Syberia 1 + 2 in the same package. If you are not collecting variaints may want to wait on that one

Edited on by MrCIB

MrCIB

TalonMan

@MrCIB - I feel the same way about waiting now, for some of the more "common" games. Like you, I've gotten burned by a NUMBER of games I paid full price for (well, GCU "full price") - only to see significant price drops (got KILLED with the Lego games!!!!!!)

...on the flip-side, I think you need to be cautious (or, at the very lest, stay at the top of your monitoring game if you do this!). It's still not entirely clear to me, what the hell is going on with Pay Day 2! It's been gone for quite some time on Best Buy, it was not available on GameStop for awhile but it is now, and Amazon has been charging full price for it since the day of release. I don't know whether this is a "short run" game or what.

TalonMan

TalonMan

...and by the way - for the same reason you got Fate/Extella from Japan, is the same reason I'm STILL on the fence about Bayonetta. I really, really, REALLY want that non-stop Climax edition!!!!!

And I'm definitely going to want Syberia 2 as a stand-alone. I might consider getting the dual-pack in the future, as well - but stand-alone games (in my opinion) hold a greater collector value!

Edited on by TalonMan

TalonMan

ryangorgeous

Missing 16 games that are currently out. I thought I was doing well with my collection, but looking at your photos, it makes me want to just check my amazon cart out.

ryangorgeous

SpaceAce13

Wow! I’m sitting at 26 physical with 7 more paid and coming sometime over the next year. I thought my collection was pretty big... but I don’t anymore! Keep it up everyone

SpaceAce13

TalonMan

You're BOTH doing well - BELIEVE ME!!!! You're in this thread and you're still buying games - trust me, you're doing JUST fine!!!!

I definitely overpaid for quite a few of these games, and I won't be doing that again. I'm going to be much more selective with the "common" titles, but I will absolutely remain aggressive with "collector" and "day 1" type stuff...

TalonMan

TalonMan

MrCIB wrote:

I am missing a few standard editions such as AOT2...

Wow - I just noticed this tidbit!!! Was there actually a non-standard version of this game?!?!?!? If so - WHERE?!?!?!?!?

I don't have ANYTHING on my spreadsheet about there being a special version of this particular game! GIMME! GIMME! GIMME!!! What do you know, that I don't????????

TalonMan

Polan18

@TalonMan there were a few special editions of AOT 2 exclusive to Japan.

Polan18

Polan18

@TalonMan Love the collection and I’m doing the same as you, haha. It’s been crazy trying to keep up with every release and every edition and year 2 will be even crazier!

Polan18

TalonMan

Polan18 wrote:

@TalonMan there were a few special editions of AOT 2 exclusive to Japan.

Do you know whether there is an English option? Or, were they strictly in Japanese? Do you happen to have any links so I could check them out??

It's little things like this, that drive me crazy - just when I think I have my spreadsheet perfectly accurate and my list of websites to monitor, another curveball comes at me.

TalonMan

JasmineDragon

@TalonMan Daaaamn, dude!!

My collection is 15 or 16 physical games... I guess you could say I'm extra strategic in my collecting! 😆

Feeling some Switch envy looking at those pictures, but honestly I don't have nearly enough money to start seriously collecting games, and my wife would kick me to the curb if I tried. I have more games than I can play to the end, and that's good enough for me.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Polan18

@TalonMan I’m not sure if I gave you this site, but I would highly recommend using my friends site for all your physical Switch needs. He checks over 40 sites daily to provide the most up to date information and it’s actually going through a major update now to be even more user friendly for us collectors!

https://pasicci.weebly.com

Polan18

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic