Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 11,393

revolutionika

I just picked up normal edition of thumbleweed. Was surprised the big box edition showed sold out so fast!

revolutionika

MrCIB

That was actual a slower time than expected I didn’t expect it to last pass 1 min 30 seconds but great overall sign.

MrCIB

TalonMan

Just like to point out:

3k copies made for the Switch - sold out in less than 3 minutes
2500 copies made for the PS4 - as of 10:15am, they are STILL available!!!

TalonMan

revolutionika

I just noticed this on Thimbleweed Park order page from Likited Run:

Thimbleweed Park on physical cartridge for the Nintendo Switch. Region free. This is an open pre-order for a limited time! Includes a full-color manual and an interior print!

They didn’t actually say what the print run is for this game. Is this a first? Are they going to take and sell pre orders on however many they sell and THEN stop sales and reveal the amount?

revolutionika

TalonMan

revolutionika wrote:

I just noticed this on Thimbleweed Park order page from Likited Run:

Thimbleweed Park on physical cartridge for the Nintendo Switch. Region free. This is an open pre-order for a limited time! Includes a full-color manual and an interior print!

They didn’t actually say what the print run is for this game. Is this a first? Are they going to take and sell pre orders on however many they sell and THEN stop sales and reveal the amount?

I saw that, too - and yet, the standard is limited to only 3500 for the PS4. I wonder if that's a mistake? Or, they just believe they're going to sell a ton on the Switch...

TalonMan

revolutionika

TalonMan wrote:

Just like to point out:

That’s fast. But in all fairness, I think LRG has bled the PS4 fan base dry. Soooo many PS4 and even Vita releases each week it seems like. I gave up on PS4 games long ago, my wallet couldn’t take it.

But I do have a feeling the Switch games will be a huge hit.

revolutionika

SpaceAce13

Got my big box too, so excited! I had to re-enter card information and thought I'd miss out for sure. Anyone get both versions?

SpaceAce13

revolutionika

Which the open end switch sales is fine. I just want a regular copy and and glad I got 1 copy!

revolutionika

TalonMan

revolutionika wrote:

TalonMan wrote:

Just like to point out:

That’s fast. But in all fairness, I think LRG has bled the PS4 fan base dry. Soooo many PS4 and even Vita releases each week it seems like. I gave up on PS4 games long ago, my wallet couldn’t take it.

But I do have a feeling the Switch games will be a huge hit.

That's a good point, and something they should make a point of noting. I do see that this is release #131 for the PS4 - and 131 games is an AWFUL lot to commit to, especially when these games are close to twice the price of their digital counterpart.

They've got a great business idea and there is obviously a TON of interest in it - hopefully they don't dilute it too much with too many garbage games, because I might lose interest too...

TalonMan

SVTornado

@TalonMan island flight simulator was released in English, but indeed in very limited numbers.

SVTornado

Anti-Matter

TalonMan wrote:

Just like to point out:

Btw...
If those LRG games SOLD OUT , can we still got the games from Ebay at least ?

Anti-Matter

SpaceAce13

Anti-Matter wrote:

TalonMan wrote:

Just like to point out:

Btw...
If those LRG games SOLD OUT , can we still got the games from Ebay at least ?

You can, but people are selling them for $200 (give or take $20) right now.

SpaceAce13

link3710

Got my big box as well! Luckily, it didn't seem to be **that** bad of a rush to get one, as they still showed in stock after I finished my order.

link3710

Paraka

Got my basic Thimbleweed. The CE did not impress.

Paraka

revolutionika

Go to eBay right now and search: switch thimbleweed

One collector edition already sold for 100.00

There is 10 more thimbleweed auction right now. With the CE at Buy-it-Now from 150 to 230

The scalping has begun! Anyone surprised? Me..no.

revolutionika

ieatdragonz

Honestly if you missed the big box, just get the ps4 big box version and the Switch regular edition. The difference between the big box Switch and the big box PS4 is a sticker on the sealed wrapping. Don't give scalpers the win, it might still be 100$ but at least you are giving it to someone who will use it for gaming good

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

TalonMan

They ARE doing a "second batch" run at 6pm tonight, so if you missed the "big box" this morning, you still have a chance to claim one tonight!!!

Btw - I sent an email to LRG, asking them about the "two week" window for Switch pre-orders vs. he usual "hard cap" they do with other pre-orders. I'm waiting to hear back from them as to whether this is the new "norm" and/or whether they'll let us all know the final press count once pre-ordering ends...

TalonMan

ieatdragonz

@TalonMan This tweet seems to imply its only the first one, to gauge demand. Likely the next limited run game runs would be adjusted accordingly to the sales of this one.

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic