Forums

Topic: Switch almost entirely bought by dudes over the age of 20.

Posts 121 to 135 of 135

CosmicLight

@Ryu_Niiyama @KirbyTheVampire @kkslider5552000
Oooh, the patriarchal Boogieman is coming to get you. Run before it starts mansplaining its manspreading.

Women were not oppressed by men, that is a lie by feminist movement. It was bad for both men and woman in early days of America. Woman may have had less right’s but they had less obligations as well.
Back in the day when Men had the vote and Woman didn’t, it wasn’t because of sexist oppression and male privilege. Men basically got the right to vote by the obligation to possibly die.

People back then had the rights to vote based on how much property you owned. So a person with property can have multiple votes and people with no property had 0 votes. Then Men were given and enjoyed the rights and privileges of citizenship by the government, because they paid for it on the condition that they get the draft, then when needed will be sent to war to defend their country. So all men were giving the right to vote but forced to be on the draft.

In 1917, in the United States, men that avoided the draft got sent to life in prison, sent to penal labor camp, and got executed by the government. 2 years after WW1 Woman got the vote for free, without the same obligations men had to be on the draft. So Woman can vote without being forced with the possibility to die for their country. 3 years before woman got the vote, the so-called privileged class was being executed for avoiding the draft. If people say it’s unfair that woman weren’t allowed the same opportunity, well men throughout history weren’t allowed to refuse it. Getting the vote for free without sacrificing and without contributing to society is the definition of privilege. Waiting to get the vote without the possibility to die for it isn’t oppression. 50 years of waiting to get something for free isn’t a long wait, it’s a very small fraction of human history.

In the UK you always hear about woman’s suffrage, about woman getting the vote, but you hardly hear about males suffrage. You usually hear the suppose evil male establishment suppressing woman from voting. That woman had to fight for voting rights but men didn’t because they had male privilege. Well actually men did have to fight for voting rights. They had to fight one of the bloodiest wars in history, World War 1, to get voting rights for all British men. Every British man from 18-41 was subject to conscription/draft for war. If they refused they were executed by the firing squad. Something woman didn’t have to go through because of their gender. Men got the right to vote in 1918. If people are going around saying woman were oppressed in the 1900’s and men had privilege, well its a good suggestion to tell them to go visit the British war museum to see what male privilege really looks like.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/11509811/Why-has-...

The reason why it’s not taught is because it doesn’t fit into feminist’s one sided view that woman were oppressed by men, that men are evil, they are trying to rewrite history. If people think that wars happen because men are violent well woman can be just as violent as men. In the civil war both the North and South had men and woman, shame men that refused to fight in the war. If woman are good, pure and against war then why were they shaming men to fight in it? Throughout history and even in US history men were shamed and called cowards for not fighting in wars. Especially from woman, that didn’t have the same obligations as men to fight in these wars. Look at it this way, men fought battles for woman so that they themselves didn’t have to fight them, so it allowed woman to be less violent and more peaceful. Populations grow, people fight for limited resources for survival, or for other issues, so battles eventually do happen.

What would you rather be, an Athenian woman who didn’t have the benefits of citizenship, or an Athenian man who had to do hard manual labor jobs with the possibility of death or injury, and was also sent off with the possibility of having his stomach sliced open to protect the women, children and land. Women were considered property, but men were considered less than property. Something that was disposable. Something that was used as sacrifice to protect his property. If men were privileged and considered more important than women in a patriarchy society, then it somehow got it messed up.

A research on over 1,700 studies shows that violence between and man and woman in domestic abuse are about 50/50. Both men and woman attack each other equally.
http://www.domesticviolenceresearch.org
There’s also a video you can watch that came out a year ago. It’s under the thing that says Uncomfortable facts on IPV. It’s very informative. If society is teaching men to be misogynistic against woman like feminist say, then its also teaching woman to be misandrist to men. And when you watch the video there could be other factors that are not about misogyny or misandry that causes violence. Like being abused as a child, anger management issues, poor social management skills, its not always as simple as woman hate or man hate.

Men were not allowed to beat their wives like feminist say. There are many historical records of laws even back in the 1800’s that made it a crime to beat your wife, that was taken seriously by police, courts and communities. You even had men that would take justice in their own hands and beat wife beaters to death. There’s also a lie that wife beating wasn’t taken seriously before the 1960’s until feminist came in to change that and be a savior to women. Newspapers even before the 1960’s regularly reported wife beaters. Punishments for them were chain gangs, flogging, jail sentences, public shaming and other corporal punishments. Wife beating was not acceptable at all by the community, a lot of times people didn’t want to wait for the law to deal with it, so the community handled it themselves with punishments like beatings, community banishment by running people out of town, tarring and feathering, whippings, lynching and more.

Here’s one of a guy getting tarred and feathered.
http://www.deadinchicago.com/post/108543386944/19-january-wif...

Here’s a lot more examples of wife beaters being punished. There’s so much examples in this one its crazy. All of these are buried in establishment media for feminist lies.
http://unknownmisandry.blogspot.com/2011/10/societys-acceptan...

Feminist’s twisted and suppressed history for their agenda. Seriously the lies are ridiculous and made the community worse for it. And things are getting worse for it too in colleges and in government policy making. You got women in fear and hating men. And men being ignored and have things that disadvantage them. There are people that think men are sexist pigs out to get females, or that we live in this illusionary patriarchy that oppresses woman. The country doesn’t care that much about men’s issues.

Both men and woman were slaves to each other, the gender roles has evolutionary survival basis and it’s not based on sexism. With advancement’s in technology recently in history, (created by men so how can people say that men didn’t help to benefit woman), it allowed woman to work and not take on the usual gender role jobs that was necessary for survival throughout history. The whole thing is ridiculous and the whole country was suckered into thinking woman were oppressed. This is the craziest thing ever.

Edited on by CosmicLight

CosmicLight

Folderoll

Randomly clicked on this, didn't expect to find a misogynist

Folderoll

StuTwo

Can I promote the "ignore" button?

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

CosmicLight

@Folderoll By saying that wife beaters were punished? By trying to prove that wife beating was not acceptable despite the lies that people say? Or by trying to show that people saying men always had special privileges which is not true? Or the myth that men beat there wives more which is not true? Its a 50/50. Its not misogyny if I'm providing data to back it. Or by saying that men helped woman to break gender roles? So the whole thing that men didn't help is not true. Or the lie that men didn't have to fight for their voting rights which is not true. So its misogyny if we talk about men fighting for their right to vote. But for woman its ok to talk about the fight for their right to vote? All I'm doing is talking about this unnecessary anger towards men.

You can easily see with the post he/she made that whenever someone talks about mens issues society doesn't care about men. If a woman criticizes a man she empowering, when a man criticizes a woman he's sexist. It seems to benefit woman more than men in this situation. All I'm saying is that woman not getting the vote earlier is not based on sexism. And the fact that men had to sacrifice their lives just to gain those same voting rights would be unfair for someone to criticize men and call them privilege. All I'm saying is that anger towards men for things that are not true is not a good thing.

Edited on by CosmicLight

CosmicLight

Folderoll

By selecting your data to support your hatred of women.

I'm not saying there aren't cases of sexism towards men, or that I support the feminist movement particularly, just that I dislike your poisonous brand of misogyny and feel the need to call it out.

Edited on by Folderoll

Folderoll

Old_Goat_Ninja

peaks in to thread to see what every age is
see what's really being talked about in here
leaves thread
scratches head

Switch: SW-8029-5307-6701
PSN: Old_Goat_Ninja
XBL: Old Goat Ninja
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OldGoatNinja

Krull

@Old_Goat_Ninja Ha! Yep, this thread began interestingly, then turned very ugly. Can a mod close it, or do we just let it die?

Edited on by Krull

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

CosmicLight

When I said women were not oppressed, I was talking about wife beaters and the vote. Of course woman were disadvantaged in certain areas compared to men even a little more so and women had to fight to get the same equal opportunities, but men were also disadvantaged certain areas too, it was bad for both. Some of it was class rather than sexism. To credit some woman, even though women weren’t forced on the draft, there were some that did volunteer. Like some helped by becoming nurses for injured soldiers or helped with other things in the war. So you could say that was a way that some women fought for the vote.

Nowadays its basically become who ever is the most oppressed wins, its like the oppression Olympics. People have this victim mentality. You also have people bring up past things today to try to attack people and it’s ridiculous. It doesn’t matter in the past if men are more oppressed or if women were, people should just leave it in the past. And nowadays its different, its not 1910 anymore. Women have all rights men have and then some.

It can be hard to get the actual history or information about anything. There’s lots of misinformation, or new interpretations of information, or things that we miss so we don’t end up getting the whole picture, it’s just all over the place. At times it can be overwhelming with information and I just don’t know what to do with it. We’re bombarded everyday. I’m still young, there’s a lot I still don’t know, I’m like what 27 years old.

At times its not peoples fault for not knowing male suffrage, or about the wage gap not being true. Especially since lies are being repeated all the time by the media and by everyday people. There are lots of people that didn’t know the things they learned was false and aren’t lying to purposely deceive anyone. It’s not good to think of them as trying to con you. We have to separate actual deceitful people trying to benefit off of you, to ones that are nice but didn’t know they are parroting lies. We all do this this at times, spreading wrong information without knowing its false. I guess Google searching can help with that, but even then, sometimes getting right information is hard out of all the false ones.

Even though these are social and political issues on a gaming site, a lot of times they do creep into video games. When you have people who believe that problems in the world happen because of males, then people start to look at thing’s to blame and video games are one of them. People start blaming video games by saying it’s creating this rape culture or it’s helping create toxic masculinity. Both of those things are not true. There’s no research data to support that men become misogynists or violent people by playing video games. It does remind me of the fanatical priests that said Pokemon was teaching kids to be killers and devil worshipers.

@Ryu_Niiyama That comic thing, the one with men not taking woman seriously as gamers, not all guys are like that, the ones that do that are probably just trying to troll you. And being treated as a serious gamer like those guys isn’t devoid of criticisms. Guy gamers are called socially awkward losers, virgins, no life, still living in their mother’s basement.

On top of that you also have people politically on the right and left criticizing gamers. You have religious people, sjw’s and feminist’s criticizing video gaming. So you have all these different groups of people attacking gamers. And they want to control, change, prevent and censor games. Even using false claims not backed by actual research. People say that games train you to be more violent. Well over the years as video game popularity went up violence went down. So where is this more violence? And studies show gaming makes people less aggressive since they get their anger out in games. The way to attack these groups is to attack their ideology to show how ridiculous it is. Like Anita Sarkeesian and her feminist non-sense.

When it comes to Nintendo I’ll defend their child friendly approach since that’s what they are as a company. But for video games in general censorship is bad. Creative freedom should be allowed and no one should be censoring anything.

CosmicLight

CosmicLight

@Folderoll What? You really don't know what misogyny is. You know sexism is thrown around a lot nowadays its practically a useless word. Hatred of Women? Ummm, Nope I don't hate woman. Im just bringing the other side of the argument since its mostly guys that gets criticized more often, to give a more balanced view. It creates this false perception that we live in a patriarchy. Both men and women are good and bad. I just didn't bring the women side since its what you hear most of the time, so I didn't need to bring it up. You know I criticize men too, I said Men were considered less than property throughout history. So I put women above men. But nowadays people don't think of women as property anymore.

So people are allowed to criticize guys when they do bad like the pay gap thing or rape culture, even if these things are not true. But when someone brings up the violent things women do to show that female oppression doesn't exist in our society, because both men and women are bad, its some how not ok?

I don't know if its a misunderstanding on your part but I don't hate Women. One is that there are biological differences between men and women. Saying the biological differences is not misogyny it's reality. Saying that men being physically stronger than women on average is not sexism. And to be honest even though Men are a little more disadvantaged in society today compared to women, eh, it is what it is. There are people that are trying to fix that, so I somewhat care but not enough to go crazy about it. Im just talking about these things so that people don't go around believing in this fake patriarchy.

Edited on by CosmicLight

CosmicLight

Priceless_Spork

@CosmicLight
I agree with that (#129)but not with the google searching to find the truth. Use Startpage. Google filters their own truth. Mostly by omissions.

Edited on by Priceless_Spork

Priceless_Spork

CosmicLight

Im glad the mods didn't close this thread. It gives me a chance to explain myself, and to explain misunderstandings.

CosmicLight

Priceless_Spork

Anyone who uses the ignore button promotes their own censorship. Thats just stupid.

Priceless_Spork

CosmicLight

Yes, thats why I don't like the ignore button and safe spaces, it shuts people out from getting to fully learn and understand each other. And I know I wrote a lot which is something I usually don't do to this extent, but its a serious issue and it really creates this negative false perception between the genders, especially in gaming, and may also create negative behaviors. I basically took all the stuff I learned from reading and watching videos and condensed it as much as I can in this topic thread. If people think I wrote a lot, well my version is the condensed version compared to others which are longer.

Edited on by CosmicLight

CosmicLight

Folderoll

@CosmicLight You see it a lot these days from the alt right, but if you really want to push this agenda you need to properly reference facts. Providing examples, is not referencing facts, I can provide plenty of examples of violence towards women, it doesn't prove anything.

I agree the other side of the argument should be brought and your examples are there, but claiming men are now more disadvantaged is ridiculous. Back it up with evidence.

Yes, oppression of women has improved and yes women can be violent towards men. I don't agree that women are advantaged in society today, there's still more work to do. Go round most offices and you'll see, what percentage of the board are women, and what percentage of the secretarial staff are men?

Its more subtle, but there is a perception in society that certain jobs are for women and certain jobs are for men, and this leads girls to believe that some avenues are closed to them.

You probably think you've "watched videos" from unbiased sources, but you haven't. If you really want to research something you need to look at source data and come to your own conclusions.

Also if you want to argue about pay gap, look at the film industry and tell me it doesn't exist. Look at the treatment of female models (size zero issue) relative to men and tell me that isn't discrimination.

Edited on by Folderoll

Folderoll

kkslider5552000

Folderoll wrote:

Its more subtle

This is the most obnoxious phrasing nowadays. Even if you're right, this wording just inherently sounds like paranoid ranting to me.

Folderoll wrote:

Also if you want to argue about pay gap, look at the film industry and tell me it doesn't exist.

Yes, millionaires making less than other millionaires does a lot to make me feel sympathetic for female discrimination. I bet Scarlett Johansson can't afford as many mansions as Dwayne Johnson. The poor girl, I just feel sooooooo bad for her. vomit noises

...oh, I agree with your general points. I'm just ranting about pet peeves, which is important to me. I'm only here for my own amusement now. : D

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.