Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 561 to 580 of 4,508

Haruki_NLI

@Haru17 Sylux showed up in Federation Force.

So let me ask you this.

Haru17 wrote:

12-year-old middling DS shooter would be even more ridiculous to call upon.

They called on Prime Hunters, a middling DS shooter, directly, in 2016. Why would calling on Federation Force, a middling 3DS shooter, be so absurd 3 years later?

Why are you so routinely unwilling to listen to other points of view?

Besides, they wont require people to know. Sylux is doing his own thing. The only relevant plot points as I have mentioned are that he EXISTS, which Prime 4 will let people know quite readily by having him there, and that he has a baby Metroid, which they can very easily recap given it was a 30 second ending cutscene.

There is no need to have knowledge of Dark Samus, Metroid Prime itself, Phazon, Leviathan Seeds, The Ing, Aether, Bryyo, Elysia, Omega Ridley.

The game will have Sylux, letting people know he exists, and then boom. New plot follows thusly.

And how do I know nothing from Hunters will be referenced? Easy. That game was so incredibly self contained the only note worthy points are the game existed, and it introduced Sylux, with the only plot beat being he hates the Federation. You can reintroduce all of these facts over the space of a cutscene.

Hell, Samus Returns makes call backs to Fusion, with the X Parasite, do you think that's a stretch calling back to a 15 year old game, and using plot from there? Do you think Other M calling back so heavily to Super Metroid almost 20 years later is a stretch?

There is no reason to study the series. I agree Prime 4 will be the start of its own self contained storyline. But that's no reason to make it "All new nothing old" when they have the seeds (ha) already sown.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

meleebrawler

@MarcelRguez And it has nothing to do with the fact that design comes from her more iconic and significant game where she is the main antagonist instead of a secondary one, clearly.

Assist trophies kind of make your visual design point moot when we have Mother Brain of all things available. And I'm pretty sure the developer's arguments against Ridley go deeper than him being weird and ugly-looking.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Haru17

Untitled

I will agree that U-Mos reminds me of early 2000s western sci-fi. In fact, the whole Prime series — Echoes especially — reminds me of the kind of warm, curvy, sepia-tone environments in some of the Myst games.

'Hyper-detailed,' though? He has antennae, wings, and long limbs. There's no intricate facial animation, the Gamecube didn't do that until about Twilight Princess. If you look at U-Mos though, he is quite rounded with an exoskeleton that looks like bug power armor. I don't think a character design can be too detailed for Smash, unless you're referring to specific assets.

Oh, and I'd also say that it only makes sense for them to choose Dark Samus' design from Corruption. It's just a better design. The shape hasn't been changed at all — it's still the phazon suit — they just detailed it better at the surface to make it look like her suit was sleek and biological like the titular infection. Not to mention that Corruption just looks a lot better than Echoes from a graphical standpoint, which looks better than Prime 1, etc, etc and so on.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

MarcelRguez

@Haru17 It's more the level of detail it has compared with the vast majority of the cast. FE designs are similarly detailed (and they're already pushing their luck, if you ask me), but having regular human proportions kinda compensates for it a bit. Not to mention, there's plenty of other anime-style humans on the roster. There's nothing quite like U-Mos, so he'd stick out more.

Again, not saying it can't be done (Bayonetta, for example, had her proportions tweaked quite a bit), just saying that I don't think it's worth the effort for such an obscure rep. It would be great if it happened, but I'm being realistic.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Haru17

I don't think U-Mos is gonna happen by any means. Again, Nintendo have been behaving far too pandery since the Wii U and they've been perfectly happy to let Metroid Prime die a slow death up until now.

I just don't buy the idea that U-Mos is too 'detailed' though. All of the MP designs are anime-adjacent, especially Corruption's hunters. It's like you're saying that if something isn't a bright pink, simple spherical polygon, then it's too detailed to be a Smash character. You do remember Twilight Princess Link has been the rep for the longest time, he's every bit as detailed as MP characters. Detail is good, it's why everyone's moves aren't ugly 8-bit noise like some of Duck Hunt's attacks.

Edited on by Haru17

meleebrawler

@Haru17 I know a lot of people don't like Federation Force, but let's not pretend it doesn't exist when considering Nintendo "letting the series rot".

Grumblevolcano

Given Link has his BotW design, I wouldn't be surprised if Smash Switch has Star Fox Zero designs of any Star Fox characters that are in both games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarcelRguez

@Grumblevolcano I can see the design of the trophies being updated, but Fox and Falco (and Wolf, if he comes back) look fine as they are. I don't think Star Fox is big enough to warrant that kind of attention.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

EvilLucario

I really want Wolf back. He was already different enough from Fox and Falco with way better Smash attacks and an even weaker recovery than Falco... alas.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

TheTetrisGuy

@EvilLucario I’m honestly shocked they didn’t put him as a DLC character for Smash 4, that seemed like such an obvious choice.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Haru17

meleebrawler wrote:

@Haru17 I know a lot of people don't like Federation Force, but let's not pretend it doesn't exist when considering Nintendo "letting the series rot".

By that logic all of the Resident Evil fans were completely satisfied when Capcom put out Umbrella Corps. They're not RE games, they're not Prime games — they're multiplayer shooter spinoffs.

Anyway, did Star Fox: Zero even redesign the characters? That game looked shockingly similar to the N64 game not just in fidelity.

meleebrawler

@Haru17 Slippy has a blue hat, and Andross pretends to have a body.

Jokes aside the Star Fox crew did seem to be carrying something resembling the Reflector in Smash, in addition to their blasters.

Octane

@EvilLucario I'd say that Wolf (and the entire SF franchise in general) hasn't been relevant enough to warrant a comeback. They can also ditch Falco if they decide to bring in the four champions from Zelda. One birdman is enough

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Well Smash 4's first big batch of DLC was Ryu and 2 characters whose games haven't been localized. At least Roy's game stands a chance at being localized as Intelligent Systems said they want to remake it if Shadows of Valentia did well enough. Mother 3 localization on the other hand ended up as a bunch of rumours that came to nothing

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano I suppose that's true. Personally I'd like to see them keep about one character for each franchise if possible (Fox in this case), but they can swap the others for some more relevant characters. Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, Dark Pit, Wii Fit Trainer, Dr. Mario, some of the Pokemon characters, all those FE characters. We can do without them IMO!

Octane

Aozz101x

Elvie wrote:

Subspace Emissary 2 anyone?

petitions doesn't do much, sadly. would be neat though.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Elvie

@Winklebottom I know petitions are typically ineffective but I thought that it wouldn't hurt to try.

Elvie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic