Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,661 to 3,680 of 4,508

Grumblevolcano

@TheFrenchiestFry That's the point, I don't think there'll be 2 Microsoft characters in the same pass.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Eel Bayonetta is as bloody as Doom, and I think they pulled it off, so I could see them managing Doomslayer. Focus on some of his crazier stuff like holograms, rockets, shield wall, cannons, chainsaw. Throw in some brutal looking animations, stuff with a lot of weight behind his actions, and I think you could manage it pretty well.

link3710

TheFrenchiestFry

@Eel It's honestly way easier to tone down than people think

DOOM's weapons are considerably more comical and over the top in design and function than Metal Gear by comparison. They don't have to have him blowing out someones brains with a realistically rendered C4 or Nakita missiles. They can incorporate all of his mainstay weapons like having the Super Shotgun as a forward Smash, his rocket launcher as a side special, his plasma rifle combined with a melee attack without any of the Glory Kill stuff for his neutral jab, and they can actually use the violence to their advantage by having other fighters drop ammo pick ups instead of spurting out blood for the weapons mapped to his specials. It would keep in line with how every DLC fighter has a specific gimmick that's unique to them.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Grumblevolcano Zenimax isn't officially owned by Microsoft yet. The acquisition isn't going to be finalized until next year, and the fighters themselves were decided long before the acquisition was actually public knowledge or even talked about.

TheFrenchiestFry

Blooper987

Steve has to be my least favorite dlc so far. Whatever 4 more to go!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

TheFrenchiestFry

Steve easily has the best character render in the entire game

TheFrenchiestFry

Bankaj

@Eel yeah, that is clear to me. My post was aimed at the Echo Fighters in general. We only have a few, so Dark Samus and Chrom could've easily been just an alternate costume following the example of Bowser Junior.

However, they are not and that left me with huge expectation for a potential 10+ easy additional fighters. Bonus to the DLC as it was stated that DLC fighters will always be unique.

Today, I think it is safe to say that we shouldn't expect more Echo Fighters, which is a missed opportunity for the fans imo

Bankaj

Rexenoboy

@Blooper987
Mine too. I understand why he's a big deal, and why he's earned his place in Smash, but still...
Oh well, it can't always go the way you want it to, right?

Treasure Acquired

link3710

@Bankaj Sakurai did specifically say no more echoes, he would only do those while the game was under development due to tight deadlines.

link3710

Bankaj

Let me put it differently:

What was the original purpose of the Echo Fighters? Are the goals met or did they change/cease their attempts of achieving the original intend?

I don't see the added value of the Echo's over the alternate costumes, hence why I'm wondering. Perhaps the development team has mentioned something about it, which I've missed.

Bankaj

Eel

I believe they're mostly just characters that started as actual alternate costumes, but then they decided to give their own personal flairs.

For example, Peach and Daisy. They're identical, mechanically speaking. But having Daisy be a separate character means she has her own visual effects, taunts, and victory animations.

Compare that with Bowser Jr, who has 8 entirely different people as costumes, but they all share the exact same animations and effects. So their individual personalities are not entirely there.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

@Bankaj if you don’t see any added value of echo fighters why did you say it’s a missed opportunity that there aren’t any more echo fighters?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

crashcontrol

The people that say Steve doesn't fit in, have never heard of game and watch 😒

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

TheFrenchiestFry

@Eel Not to mention that there are also characters like Richter who've appeared in their own set of games completely adjunct from the fighter they're based on and they have their own visual discrepancies

I'm still annoyed that the holy water isn't green for Richter like in Rondo of Blood though.

TheFrenchiestFry

SViper

Okay, at September 30th nintendolife made a Vote to guess which character will be revealed at October 1st where you can choose 3 options from a lot of them. I chose Leon from Resident Evil, Dante from Devil May Cry and wanted to choose Doom guy from Doom, but I chose Steve from Minecraft instead. And my really young brother guessed Steve too. And looks like my third option and my brother's guess was right. Damn, that was unexpected.

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

So my guesses for the rest right now are:

-Travis Touchdown
-Crash Bandicoot
-An 8th gen Pokemon
-Geno

A good mix of realistic and hopeful choices. But at this point, it could be Sub Zero or a Ys character I wouldn't be shocked by either.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bankaj

@jump The lack of added value is my perception of the use of Echo Fighters in current form. Eel's comment sounds reasonable, but in the end I feel that this concept should've developed further or, at least, more distinguished. Today it feels not thought through and they just threw a label on these fighters for the purpose of calming down the fanbase, before they start arguing about "wasted slots" and whatnot.

Bankaj

Bunkerneath

Is it just me or am I the only person who is very disapointed with the Fighter Pass vol 2?
Min Min? who?
Steve from Minecraft? About 10 years too late.

Whats next? Q*bert? (actually that would be kinda funny)

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic