Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,681 to 3,700 of 4,507

kkslider5552000

Bunkerneath wrote:

Steve from Minecraft? About 10 years too late.

imagine thinking Minecraft isn't still more popular than the vast majority of Nintendo games

(this is like when people said Pokemon Go was dead between news stories of it still making an impossible amount of money)

Honestly I'm thrilled despite not really playing Minecraft (and even the few Minecraft Let's Plays I watched were like 6+ years ago). Because if anything can make Smash Bros somehow even bigger, its probably Minecraft.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

It’s funny because if you think about it, like half of the fighters in this game come from dead and/or (now) irrelevant franchises.

Depending on your views on Minecraft, that either makes Steve a perfect fit, or painfully ironic.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

@Bunkerneath nah, Min Min is great. Arms is a Nintendo brand, very successful and is a fighting game, and also an arena fighting game which is a genre that’s not represented in Smash.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Bankaj

@Northwind Thank you, that link is incredibly useful and answers most of my questions. Interesting read so far, which I'll have to finish later (Friday still isn't considered weekend yet).

Bankaj

Rexenoboy

My feelings towards Steve are starting to shift. Yesterday, I only felt disappointment. Disappointment because Steve is the very first character being added to Smash I feel no affinity towards whatsoever.

However, I understand why he means so lot to a lot of people and why it makes perfect sense he's being added to Smash. He represents the best selling video game of all time. That in and of itself justifies him being in Smash. I also analyzed the little gameplay footage we've seen of him so far and I have to admit he looks a lot of fun to play as. His moveset seems very unique and he has the potential to change up the meta quite a bit.

He might not be who I wanted but hey, there're still 4 places left for some of my favorites to make the cut, right?

Treasure Acquired

Blooper987

My rankings for how excited I was on announcement

1. Banjo
2. Byleth
3. Joker
4. Min Min
5. Hero
6. Terry
7. Steve

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

TheFrenchiestFry

@Rexenoboy I understand that sentiment

Admittedly I actually have no sentiment towards Banjo at all but the Hero reveal evened out the E3 announcements for me given I like Dragon Quest way more. Banjo is the one DLC character so far that I just couldn't care less about

I am very nostalgic for Minecraft though, and a game the scale of Ultimate omitting Minecraft representation would actually kind of not make sense at all given its position as a celebration of gaming as a whole

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

Rankings for Smash DLC reveals

1. Joker
2. Steve
3. Terry
4. Hero
5. Byleth
6. Min Min
7. Banjo

TheFrenchiestFry

Blooper987

@Rexenoboy I agree I’ve been seeing the light more today, but I’ll only be playing as Alex and Zombie. Steve just creeps me out for some reason, I just hate his design. I’m not even talking about the blockyness of him, just the colors and stupid facial expression weird me out😂

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

link3710

Rankings huh?

1. Banjo
2. Joker
3. Min Min
4. Hero
5. Terry
6. Steve
7. Byleth

Reflecting on it, Byleth is the only one that still truly disappointed me. I don't even find the character fun to play as, we have a ton of FE already, and I'd rather have seen any of the three house leaders join than the mute protagonist for a third time in a row. Or Anna. Or Lyn. Like, yeah, Byleth is probably around 30-40 at best on my list of wanted FE characters so...

link3710

Grumblevolcano

On announcement, my rankings were:
1. Banjo
2. Byleth
3. Min Min
4. Hero
5. Joker
6. Terry
7. Steve

But the DQXIS demo changed my mind on Hero back when you needed to play the DQXIS demo or full game to unlock the Tockles spirit so currently my rankings are:
1. Banjo
2. Byleth
3. Hero
4. Min Min
5. Joker
6. Terry
7. Steve

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Rexenoboy

Ranking these announcements is easy:
1. Terry Bogard
2. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Min Min
4. Hero
5. Joker
6. Byleth
7. Steve

Treasure Acquired

TheFrenchiestFry

Damn Joker's ranking pretty low for a few of these rankings

I take it not many people on this site are Persona people? I mean it makes sense because it's NINTENDOLife

TheFrenchiestFry

RR529

1. Hero
2. Terry
3. Banjo
4. Joker
5. Min Min
6. Byleth
7. Steve

4-6 are all about the same to me though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Christofu

Idk if I'm not supposed to just randomly start a convo in here but I had a great idea and I need to tell someone it. OK so the other day I was thinking about how fun the break the targets stage was in melee and how much I missed them, and then it hit me, why has no one (that I know of) suggested a new type of custom break the targets stage. How awesome would that be? I feel like that would really breathe some new life into the game's online sharing system. I guess it could get a little messy with how not every stage fits every character, but maybe people could select which characters will be useable in their courses.

Christofu

Rexenoboy

@TheFrenchiestFry
I've played Persona 3 and 4 and while I liked them, they didn't blow my socks off.
Something about the dating-sim elements and the time mechanic in those games never clicked with me.

Edited on by Rexenoboy

Treasure Acquired

PikaPhantom

I'll rank mine, I guess.

Based on the reveals alone?
1. Steve - A pick I really wanted to see, and they executed it really well and even threw in 2 mob alts. Great trailer.
2. Banjo and Kazooie - Never played a Banjo game (could try the Xbox Live ports if I felt like it) but there was so much demand and seeing the Jiggy was such a hype moment. Probably the best reveal trailer overall, but I didn't have the personal connection to Banjo (hence why it's lower).
3. Joker - When it came to the actual reveal, I had no idea who Joker was at the time, but I recognize how unexpected it was and how it set the tone for the rest of the pass, and it was a well done trailer.
4. Min Min - My money was on Min Min or Helix after they confirmed beforehand it was an ARMS rep. The trailer artstyle was great as well.
5. Hero - This would've been a lot higher if I'd actually bought Dragon Quest VIII on 3DS, but it was neat seeing how Hero differed from what the leaks had said, with additional alts.
6. Terry - I wasn't familiar with Terry, or any of the characters in the trailer at the time, but I liked the style of it. It just works better when you know who everyone is in regards to Fatal Fury and SNK.
7. Byleth - A poorly done reveal of a character choice that would've been way better in other circumstances (Byleth is deserving of a slot given the success of Three Houses, but as a DLC pick in a pass with a bunch of third-parties? Not good at all).

But in terms of DLC character enjoyment for me?
1. Terry - Terry is very well-designed and fun to play. I wasn't expecting to like him much as I'm not that into Ryu or Ken, but he's one of my top 3 characters in terms of enjoyment.
2. Hero - I like his kit and Command Selection is pretty neat.
3. Joker - Not much to really say about him, but I find him interesting.
4. Byleth - Fine enough, with some missed potential but beefy moves with unique attributes rolled into one character.
5. Min Min - A weird combo of a ton of depth and not much, but she's interesting to play.
6. Banjo and Kazooie - Fun in Spirit battles, but they feel like they could've used more time to be refined as a character. Wonderwing is basically all they have going for them.
N/A - Steve (though he looks very different and fun)

PikaPhantom

jump

I had a different reaction and assumed it was The Joker from Injustice/Arkham and got outraged by how Nintendo made a worse Joker than Jared Leto!!! OUTRAGE! Down with this sort of thing! ;p

Mine are;

1. Banjo
2. Min Min
3. Joker (it was conflicting announcement in equals parts ooh and why)
4. Hero
5. Byleth (although after playing as them they are great)
6. Terry
7. Steve

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

My initial reaction to Joker's inclusion was "Is Persona finally going to become multiplatform instead of Sony exclusive?". But honestly given the FFXVI situation, I think the closest to multiplatform we'll get is more Persona on PC which doesn't help at all. Sony will hold even tighter onto the 3rd party franchises Playstation is well known for.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Bankaj

1. Banjo-Kazooie. A 20 year old dream came true. That Jiggy-moment launched me from my chair.

2. Piranha Plant - not sure why nobody mentions him? He was kinda part of first dlc pack, right? Huge surprise, fun to play and overall well executed!

3. Hero. Great trailer, well deserved inclusion and fun character to play.

4. Min-Min. Happy with an Arms rep and I really enjoying playing the fighter.

5. Steve. Personally not connected to the char, but I'm really into the unique playstyle it seems to offer (though I hope those blocks are balanced)

6. Joker. Fun to play, but I had to google him when he was anounced. Had no idea.

7. Terry. Same as Joker, but can't click with his playstyle.

8. Byleth. Poor poor timing, disastrous reveal trailer. Another FE rep - not even that exciting to play (feels like a mashup of other existing characters = not unique)

Bankaj

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic