Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,681 to 3,700 of 3,926

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 I don't think Game Freak would refuse to allow it but rather as Nintendo's still picking the characters, Nintendo would choose a Gen 8 Pokemon instead if a Game Freak character.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

andrew20

My List for pack 2
5.Nate(female alt skin) from yokai watch with wisper as gide(like snake or pit in brawl) and using diffent yo-kai(like pokemon trainer)
6.Gunvolt(coplen as alt skin)
7.Monster Hunter fighter(male and female skins and different weapon options)
8.Rex and Pyra from xenoblade 2
9.steve from minecraft(alex as alt skin)
10.Spring man(ribbin girl is alt skin)
11.Ms. pac man added as echo to Pac Man

Edited on by andrew20

andrew20

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: toughdude | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

SKTTR

Just collected the four DAEMON X MACHINA spirts.
Woohoo, I have all of them. 1350/1350!

MY TOP 10 HIGHLY UNLIKELY CHARACTERS

Untitled
Purple Tentacle from Maniac Mansion (1987, Lucas Arts)

Untitled
White Belt from International Karate (1986, System 3)

Untitled
Jon Hawking from Project Firestart (1989, Dynamix)

Tetromino from Tetris (1985, Alexey Pajitnov)

Untitled
Walker from Lemmings (1990, Psygnosis)

Untitled
A GTA character (Rockstar Games)

Untitled
Fulgore from Killer Instinct (1995, Arcade/SNES/GB/N64, Rare)

Untitled
Jumpin Jim Rivers from Excitebike 64 (Nintendo, Left Field Productions, 2000)

Untitled
Wonder Boy Shion, one of the popular heroes of the Wonder Boy series.

Untitled
The out of juice robot Jak from Tetrisphere (Nintendo, H20 Entertainment, 1997)

And is this true :

12 Reasons why PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale failed:

12. No Alucard
11. No Digimon
10. No Oddworld Abe
9. No Croc
8. No Sora
7. No Spyro
6. No Crash Bandicoot
5. No Lara Croft
4. No GTA character
3. No Chris Redfield
2. No Snake
1. No Cloud

12 Reasons why Super Smash Bros. was a success:

1. Mario
2. Donkey Kong
3. Link
4. Fox
5. Kirby
6. Pikachu
7. Yoshi
8. Samus
9. Luigi
10. Jigglypuff
11. Captain Falcon
12. Ness

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

iKhan

So, I've been getting really hyped over the small possibility of Lloyd being in Smash. I've made movesets for Lloyd back in the old Smash 4 speculation days, but their approach makes it clear Lloyd would need to be able to stand out, so here's my "stand out" moveset.

Specials:
For Lloyd's moveset, the variant of the move depends on how you chain it. Each special will chain to the previous one if you have the right timing, and that will vary the move. For example, you could use Demon Fang -> Sword Rain: Alpha -> Hunting Beast or Beast -> Double Demon Fang -> Psi Tempest.

B: Demon Fang/ Double Demon Fang/ Demonic Chaos
Up B: Tempest/Omega Tempest/Psi Tempest
Side B: Sword Rain/ Sword Rain: Alpha/ Sword Rain: Beta
Down B: Beast/ Raging Beast/ Hunting Beast

Other moves from based on Tales games:
Dair: Rising Falcon
Upair: Tiger Blade
Side Neutral: Sonic Thrust
Technically Lloyd can't learn them, but I think it would be appropriate to make Hell Pyre and Kick Attack moves as well (Since they are part of Cress's moveset). Not exactly sure the best button commands for them.

Other unique mechanics: Overlimit- after tacking a significant beatdown, Lloyd will have superarmor for a short period of time.

Final Smash: Falcon Crest (duh)

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

link3710

@SKTTR I'd be genuinely excited for Jumpin Jim Rivers if he got announced.

link3710

Joeynator3000

lol @ Navi...

At this point, I don't know who will be the last fighter in the pass...or who will show up after that. But I want something from Monster Hunter...mainly for the Stage and music. lol

I feel like a Palico would be more fitting (with Cha-Cha and Kayamba being either alts or Echo Fighters at some point), plenty of moves to choose from due to Generations Ultimate. (same situation if they do decide to go with Hunter) If they do go with Palico, I just hope the Final Smash involves opponents being thrown into the Jungle and then Nargacuga shows up and takes a slash at them.

I have tons of characters on my wish list, but Monster Hunter is the most likely. I highly doubt my other wishes will happen...sadly. :c

Pokemon Stream Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZmNX5mNuNc

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

rallydefault

Hey, sorry if I'm not exactly offering anything mind-blowing, but I just caved and got the DLC characters. I LOVE Banjo/Kazooie! Just feels right to me. A little disappointed half of the B moves revolve around eggs just coming out in different directions, but whatevs lol

rallydefault

cryptologous

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but Nintendo has a partnership with Mercedes via the Mario Kart crossover.

So, uhhh, a Mercedes GLA as the next announced DLC fighter for Smash? I'm personally keen.

cryptologous

DarthNocturnal

Well, if Fighters Megamix can get the Hornet...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

SKTTR

cryptologous wrote:

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but Nintendo has a partnership with Mercedes via the Mario Kart crossover.

So, uhhh, a Mercedes GLA as the next announced DLC fighter for Smash? I'm personally keen.

Mercedes GLA is not a videogame character. But it's a great one for Mortal Kombat 12.

May I suggest Stunt Race FX 's 4WD instead? This googly-eyed monster truck was just re-released for the first time in SNES SWITCH ONLINE. He is one to stand easily on his back wheels to throw punches. He was in the second SUPER FX CHIP GAME! Back then Starfox's closest brother, and the only good real 3D racing game on the SNES. Unfortunately the game never got sequels.

link3710

@SKTTR I'd genuinely be excited I'd Stunt Race FX got a rep, no lie. That'd be a great weird retro rep.

Y'know, regarding the crazy never gonna happen reps question from a couple pages ago, I thought up another character who I'd love to see in Smash: Carmen Sandiego. Everyone freaking knows who she is, she's been on Nintendo systems, she's one of the oldest video game characters (created in 1985) who's remained active til this day and she could have an intriguing moveset with all the source material over the years.

It'll literally never happen but...

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Henmii

I think I'll give up on the Spirit front. I mean: I think there are only 10 left for me, and they are all dlc fighter related. Since I don't have the dlc there are a few I can't get, but there are still a few from the Banjo Kazooie franchise and the Monster hunter franchise that I can get. But getting them is a real pain, the shop spits out Spirits I already have most of the time. Isn't there a easier way to get the last few, besides buying the dlc?

Henmii

Outspoken

Can’t wait for Terry, so far he’s the only DLC character I’m familiar with.

Outspoken

link3710

@Outspoken Think you're the first person on the planet to say that lol. Take it fighting games are your thing?

link3710

link3710

@StephanDLW Nah, I love them. I wish they were fully integrated with classic mode routes and everything. Honestly, if anyone should have randomized classic routes, it would be them.

There's only a handful of costumes I use (Isaac, Black Knight, Sans, Dunban, Rex, Goemon, Lip, Skull Kid, Ray, Ribbon Girl and a few customs like Layton or Tien) but when they're well designed costumes they're pretty fun. I wish Sakurai would quit holding back for fear of people getting upset and just fully implement them in the game.

Also, a magic based Mii Fighter would be super nice if we could get it.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Rebel_at_Heart

Hi, I'm new to the forums. My DLC predictions are:

• Ryu Hayabusa
  • Nightmare
  • Akira Howard
  • Rex
  • Rayman
  • Paper Mario

Rebel_at_Heart

SKTTR

https://images.app.goo.gl/Fuaqko718XzBZiiKA

@StephanDLW

There's a fanbase around every character. Anyone that joined once becomes part of the Smash family.

One time Smash, forever Smash!

Have you seen how quick Terry got webcomics and memes and videos and whatnot because of Smash? Even Kazooie gets her own spotlight!

Mii Brawler, Mii Gunner, and Mii Swordfighter's perks are their customization, and that makes them special, of course. Special enough to put them at the end of the roster. But people do still make their Miis and fight with them, and before Smash Ultimate was announced, Mii mains were anxious to get them back.

But instead of separating Miis I'd rather have 'em where they'd belong in Smash's fighter timeline and give those poor blank avatars more of a personality, much like the ideas of @link3710. If you'd encounter them in a story mode the game could request to make/select a Mii, and then you could still decline or accept. Options to have them or not have them are great! In Ultimate you apparently have it, so that's nice.

So, you say that would be the first 3 fighters you would remove.
If you'd ask me to remove 1 fighter I'd say Pokémon Trainer. He was never an active fighter anyway. To me he is more like Doc Louis from Little Mac. I think his Smash amiibo is pointless. I would split up Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard to make them individual fighters. Pokémon Trainer can still be part and join when you select one of them, and in other cases be an Assist Trophy. That's my opinion. Would you like that idea? Because some wouldn't like it. ...why? The concept is a 3-in-1 fighter and that's a very unique idea for a playable character in Smash, just like the Miis are unique on their own characteristics. I think only Sheik/Zelda and Samus/Zero-Suit Samus did that before (as 2-in-1 fighters) until they got separated, so Pokémon Trainer fulfils that role now.

HOWEVER!!!
I loved to play Charizard in Smash 4! He was one of my mains! In Ultimate.. not so much anymore. It doesn't feel the same. The Pokémon Trainer should let him go! #FreeCharizard

Edited on by SKTTR

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic