Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,041 to 3,060 of 4,508

Henmii

@HobbitGamer,

I just still feel painful about the fact Rareware went to Microsoft years ago. This just screams: You can have our characters in Smash, but you won't get our games on Switch har har har. This just dampens my excitement, even if the reveal was very cool!

"I think it's great that Banjo is coming, because hopefully more arrangements could be made regarding the Rare catalogue"

It does give a glimmer of hope, but a very, very tiny one! Rare replay would be appreciated. Everything on the card though!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

CanisWolfred

@Bankaj It's the same character with different skins, just like Bowser Jr. There's also more than just 4, they showed every Dragon Quest Hero, from 1-9 and even a Spin-off one, if I recall correctly.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HobbitGamer

@Henmii Oh, I hear ya! Rare games were great for me because for a long while my parents adhered to to the ESRB since they were buying them. So Jet Force Gemini was the only shooter I had for awhile and it was even a stretch 😂 Good memories with Rare.
I think there could be more at play going on, especially with Spiral Mountain still being and Nuts & Bolts but appearing as the Smash stage along with Grunty.

It’s time to get Jiggy and enjoy!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Euler

Yeah, Banjo and Kazooie are perfectly legitimate seeing as they’re on a Nintendo platform (they were one of the N64’s signature exclusives). Much better than another PlayStation-only character.

Euler

TOUGHDUDE94

my words
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and what will top it erevything is diffentent now

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Cynas

@CanisWolfred From what I understood, it's only the heroes from DQ 3, 4, 8, and 11 that are playable. The other 7 (the heroes of DQ 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10) are just a part of the final smash.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

RR529

I'm probably the only person around here more excited for the DQ Hero than Banjo (who I honestly couldn't care less about), but I'm glad he's in for all who wanted him.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HobbitGamer

@RR529 Kinda the flip for me. I played the first DQ but it didn’t stick. But Banjo was my man. Got a backpack as a preorder bonus from Montgomery Wards, player guide from Prima, and went on to 100% the game before I opened the book. My friend and I tried all the early internet methods of unlocking the stop n swap, we played with my Gameshark Pro, great times. I can’t wait to use my old friends in the arena.
But I’m glad DQ fans got something cool, too 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

With the return of Dharkon in the DQ Hero trailer, I wonder if 4.0.0 adds new content to World of Light.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SuperMushHill

Aight, I'm late but: B A N J O - M O T H E R G U H - H U K I N - K A Z O O I E
also the hero looks interesting, an actual turn-based mechanic for an rpg character

SuperMushHill

Switch Friend Code: SW-5550-3190-0157

Henmii

Banjo totally overshadowed the Dragon quest guy (at least in the west, may be reverse in Japan), though I must say the Dragon quest guy (was he just called Hero?) looks pretty cool too!

Henmii

BougieBeetle

For me I was about equal in hype for both reveals. Banjo-Kazooie fulfilled so many of my closely-held fantasies and childhood dreams. But DQ Hero came out of nowhere and the fact that it's not just one character but four is incredible. It seems like they chose one from each "era" of the series: 3 from the Loto trilogy, 4 (Solo) from the 4-5-6 trilogy, 8 from the PS1/PS2 era, and then XI for the modern era. I'm curious to know if all the spells are different depending on the character or if it's just a reskin. Either away, I'm so there for this.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

TOUGHDUDE94

so how can they top banjo in smash for 4 and 5

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish nah, I’m gonna play a puzzle game before this Benadryl kicks in. Billing day tomorrow and allergies are jerks.

#MudStrongs

bimmy-lee

@ReaderRagfish - I’m down.
Edit - Arena is Long John Silvers.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@ReaderRagfish I actually just played an hour of secret of mana. But I think im done tonight as i gotta be up super early tomorrow. How about tomorrow night or Friday night? I'm free anytime after 830-9pm central time

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@ReaderRagfish - Not sure. Do you want to make one. First arena I’ve made. I’m getting beat up by randos.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

@ReaderRagfish - You’re awesome man. Always like playing you because I learn something. I was laughing at your Wii Fit Trainer performance. You were pushing up all over the place. Have a good night.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic