Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 161 to 180 of 4,508

jump

OfNullAndVoid wrote:

Something that Nintendo could do is what Capcom has done with Street Fighter with their vs. series. For example, they could do something like:

Smash Bros vs Street Fighter
Smash Bros vs Capcom
Smash Bros vs Sega
Smash Bros vs Marvel

Not sure how I'd feel about this, but I figure I'd throw it out here for consideration.

Apart from Marvel (who I doubt Ninty would go out of their way to work with due to not being Japanese) they already feature fighters from all of those games.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

The sound made when 2018 appeared in the trailer sounded like it was from ARMS so maybe that was a tease for an ARMS character.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

I dunno if the Doom-slayer would be a good fit for Smash. I mean it's not impossible, I never would have felt Bayonetta would fit in, yet here we are. But his whole thing is brutal and bloody dismemberment, soooo the tone might be a bit too dark even for Smash

TuVictus

Joeynator3000

I mean...Bayonetta is just as vicious with her enemies in her games...lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TuVictus

I guess you guys have never played Doom if you honestly think the violence in that is comparable to Bayonetta's. Lol.

TuVictus

Eel

What we are getting at is that it would be completely irrelevant in the context of Smash Bros. Bayonetta is extremely tame in smash 4 compared to her own games.

It's not like I think Doom Guy should be in the game though...

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haruki_NLI

Sure DOOM-Guy can snap a neck, curb stomp a revenant, poke a Cacodemon's eye out, rip a demon in half during a glory kill, slices them up with a chainsaw and the such, and that's graphic...

But Bayonetta is also fond of cutting things in half, or smaller pieces sometimes, or ripping them apart, having them eaten, crushed against walls, iron maidens, hanged, hell Bayonetta 2 has a damn rotisserie.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

I mean yeah, like I said, I could easily be wrong. Bayonetta definitely didn't seem like a good candidate, but here we are. They could definitely make him fit in if they really wanted to, but I think his whole appeal being brutal and bloody murder would probably put him lower on the likely list than even Bayonetta was before we knew we'd get her. I'd honestly describe Bayo's violence as more cartoony/comedic overall. Not saying it's not violent, but not quite to the detail that DOOM purposefully aspires to be.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

Given they went with the Wii U Inklings rather than the Switch Inklings, maybe we'll see more characters that were highlighted in 3DS/Wii U era like Wonder Red, Captain Toad, Badge Arcade Bunny and Cranky Kong.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheManKnownAsC

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but I'm leaning this towards being a new installment. Someone made a good point about Nintendo needing a big title for their online service and a port wouldn't cut it. Also if you remember when the first trailer for Smash Wii U/3DS was released it started with Villager getting a letter obviously introducing him as a new character. I feel they were doing the same thing with the Inklings. I could be wrong, but that's just what I've observed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-2242-7452-1245

Eel

I think the current consensus here is that it'll be a bit of both.

As in, a new instalment that is built on top of the previous game.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TuVictus

I'm definitely expecting a Splatoon 2 type of situation, which is fine by me. New or port, it's exciting to know we'll have it this year

TuVictus

-Green-

Hopefully not how Splat2 launches. It took Splat2 until the 2.0 version to really start feeling like its own thing.

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Given they went with the Wii U Inklings rather than the Switch Inklings.

I think that was probably just to work as a reference back to the unveiling of Splatoon. I’ll be absolutely shocked if the Splat2 designs aren’t also present in some way.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

veeflames

I’m just here to say that with a new Smash Bros, on the way, my hopes for some Professor Layton representation have been rekindled. It has to happen at some point, right?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

OfNullAndVoid

AlternateButtons wrote:

I wonder if Doom Guy would be a good character. Or a Skyrim Nord. Just something from Bethesda. They really went out if their way to support the Switch early on, I'd like to see something from them. They deserve the recognition.

Now you have me imagining Dovahkiin's smash move: Fus Roh Dah
And lest we forget, the hours spend trying to determine what your Dovahkiin is going to look like...

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

JoyBoy

Glad we got rid rid of generic Link and got the new and improved BOTW Link. I might actually play as him now, if I buy the game. I still need to see more if I need this game in my life. Didn’t play the previous one a whole lot.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Maxz

@Meowpheel This is the most likely option and seems the wisest way of phrasing it.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

TOUGHDUDE94

I think we are going to have more that last time hope for more fire emblem and paper mario and more smash amiibo

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

bluemage1989

You know I was kinda excited for Smash on the Switch before the Direct but now it's official I am hyped!! I own Smash for WiiU and it's still good but just like how Mario Kart 8 Deluxe makes a last gen game feel fresh and exciting I think a port could really work. Personally I think it will be somewhere between a port and a new game like a Smash 4.5 if you will but Smash 5 is still possible. I'd love some new single player content like Subspace Emissary (hopefully they've moved on from the issues last time with leaks) and some new mini games. Some new stages (New Donk City??) and trophies would be great as well.

My current top 5 wants character wise

1. Paper Mario
2. Anyone from Arms (can't really say Arms mascot/main character as they don't have one)
3. Wolf
4. Pauline
5. Rusty

bluemage1989

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic