Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 141 to 160 of 4,508

OfNullAndVoid

@Bunkerneath I'm with you on this. I tend to gravitate towards single player modes, and the Subspace Emissary mode was what made me like Smash Brawl over Smash Wii U.

Also, I would like it if they put more fighters behind an unlocking scheme. Start with the original (N64) 8, then as you the game is played, unlock more & more characters. I liked the way the Subspace Emissary would limit character selection so you'd end up learning to play with the different characters.

Finally, I wonder if the BotW Link will feature a new move set, or if it'll be a reskin. There's quite a lot they can do with the new Link, such as giving him some or all of the divine beast abilities, different weapons (after x amount of hits, the weapon breaks and Link pulls out a new weapon with slightly different abilities). But yeah, I personally am hoping it won't be a reskin.

Also, I'm assuming the Mario silhouette will be Mario from Odyssey. Once again, I'm hoping it won't be a reskin but a Mario with new abilities (Cappy!). Not sure what they'd be able to do with him though, though Cappy could be used to recover from a fall. As far as the possession goes... Maybe when he throws Cappy a random Odyssey enemy appears and he can use that to attack his opponents?

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

Grumblevolcano

If BotW Link has a different moveset from Link, I want either him to wield axes and lances or some Fire Emblem characters that use those weapons to be added (e.g. Hector for axes, Ephraim for lances). I mean Fire Emblem has been represented in Smash for nearing 20 years now and all it has ended up with is sword users (Robin uses both swords and magic but still a sword user).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

Link will use his runes. Bombs will be as usual.

Revali's Gale - Up+B
Daruk's Protection - Down+B

Magnesis - Grab
Cryonis - Side+B

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

jump

KaiserGX wrote:

jump Adding more characters and stages isn't a instant "better game" decision. I hate when there's threads about "how to make said game better" and most of the replies are just "bigger and more of something".

I never said anything about better. Part of the excitement of a new Smash is the wild speculation over of new characters, especially in the early days when we know nothing that's coming.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Judi

@Grumblevolcano Heck even Corrin could mix it up a bit if they threw in some dragon moves. Problem is less with smash and more with FE though, since they’ve always favored swords. Maybe next FE will change that (Hah).

Currently procrastinating on: implementing virtual memory and synchronization.
Currently distracted with: Mario Tennis Aces

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@Octane The Wii U was only a year old at the point SMO started development. So they had decided that early on, that this console was a failure, the console that cost €370 which people had bought and continued to buy but knew it would never see a real Super Mario game? Then came out over 6 months later at E3 and showed off BOTW for the first time, which they then dragged out delays on for a couple of years so it could simultaneously launch on Switch. They used the Wii U version to promote this game but as soon as the Switch was shown, the Wii U version was dropped from all promotion like a hot snot.

I don't know if they did decide that about SMO but if they did, there's something very deceitful and I can't think of the right words right now. The whole Wii U era has left me bitter and untrusting of Nintendo. They did serious damage to a very happy lifelong relationship in that time and it started not on Wii U but in the tail-end years of the Wii.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Haruki_NLI

points to the door

And off you go if thats how ya feel. Dont stay in a relationship with someone you dont like

19Robb92

I think this game will be a Splatoon 2 type scenario. It's not going to feel hugely different gameplay-wise, but it will be treated as a sequel.

There's no way they wouldn't just announce a title if it is a simple re-make, they know people was expecting a straight-up port and wold be happy with that. Yet they actively chose not to mention it.

I believe they're going treat and advertise this as Smash Bros. 5.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Eel

They should ditch regular Link, make a new moveset based on his BotW abilities, and keep Toon Link for the purists. Maybe they could even make Toon Link play a bit more like old Link.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

sword_9mm

@YummyHappyPills

i think he just likes to complain on the internet.

N lost their minds in the 90's by eschewing CD media. why in the world does ANYONE think they've gotten any better about ANYTHING? be it using stupid media and losing 3rd parties, dumb gimmicks like waggle, bringing out a hot turd like the wiiU, or not understanding anything about internet connectivity. N is just bad at most everything but making games.

sword_9mm

sauce

@19Robb92 That's a fair prediction, I think. Honestly, Smash 4 felt enough like Brawl to me in ways, but enhanced and better. For Smash I think that's a really good thing, because the gameplay is so good!

sauce

Haruki_NLI

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Super Mario 3D World doesnt count to you? Even though it says 3D? Wow.

That reminds me of something...oh yeah. Your former moaning that Nintendo UK should be Nintendo UK & Ireland because thats what the site says. Yeah.

Haruki_NLI

I did crap out part of a new moveset for Link a few pages back but people were too focused on the port p***** contest.

IceClimbers

I don't think dropping a bunch of characters makes it "better" either. I also don't think it's a good idea. Why? I'm struggling to think of very many new characters they could add that would truly excite people.

There's Inkling (confirmed!) and Spring Man/Ribbon Girl as the obvious ones, but past that? The only ones I could think of that aren't yet another Pokemon or Fire Emblem character are King K Rool, Issac, Medusa or Hades, Waluigi, Rex & Pyra, a Rhythm Heaven character, and some miscellaneous retro character, as well as bringing Ice Climbers and Wolf back as far as 1st party goes. Really not all that much to go off of. And no, Ridley isn't happening.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

OfNullAndVoid

Something that Nintendo could do is what Capcom has done with Street Fighter with their vs. series. For example, they could do something like:

Smash Bros vs Street Fighter
Smash Bros vs Capcom
Smash Bros vs Sega
Smash Bros vs Marvel

Not sure how I'd feel about this, but I figure I'd throw it out here for consideration.

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic