Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 4,508

link3710

@jtmnm Sorry, trying to find it again. Someone sent me the link on discord but it's so buried now...

Okay finally found it. Apparently, LeakyPanda made an addendum to Vergeben's leak that the SE was DQ, it wasn't him himself. Don't have a link though.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@EvilLucario Yeah, Stars is the big one. If there was no mention about it, Pokemon Gen 8 and Metroid Prime 4 may have been early 2019 surprise announcements with some gameplay rather than the awkward segments of E3 2017. Stars fueled the 3DS hatred we've seen over the past nearly 2 years.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jtmnm

@link3710 No worries! I got excited because I'm a huge DQ fan and was disappointed to find he's maintaining his generalized stance.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

farrow000

I quite like the Piranha Plant character. Its a original and different same lines as game and watch, wii fit trainer, duck hunt, rob the robot. Not popular but smash gives characters that don't noticed a chance as well and soon they do. I do think people should get over Waluigi, its not going to happen hes a assist trophy its not going to change.

As for the 5 DLC characters. They said they've done with characters from old games so I'm thinking they might be from current and future games. Rex and Spring Girl I think might get a chance as they were teased a bit with the mii costumes. As its traditional maybe a new pokemon with the gen 8 game might be included.

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

Haruki_NLI

Ah yes, my favourite character in LEGS, Spring Girl.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

KryptoniteKrunch

It can still be argued that Vergeben just makes good guesses.

He "leaked" Simon(not Richter), said Snake and Ice Climbers were returning, Isabelle Ken, Inceniroar and Ridley.

However, no mention of Chrom, Dark Samus, Richter, K. Rool, Daisy or Piranha Plant.

I feel like if he actually had inside sources, he would've spilled the entire roster a while ago. Or if he was scared of getting his source in trouble, he would've at least hinted at the new characters. Like "we're getting a DK rep" "Were also getting a Mario rep that's an enemy" etc. I don't know, seems odd he wouldn't know the entire roster if he actually had inside info.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Grumblevolcano

@farrow000 It was said that all the DLC would be Smash newcomers because the Smash veterans are all in the base game, nothing was mentioned about how old/new the games the DLC characters come from are.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Skid

No that pplant is in. If we do get another SE rep, I hope it is Slime Stack or just Slime. ;]

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

farrow000

@Grumblevolcano 30:46 in the video Sakurai says it when he goes into DLC

farrow000

Grumblevolcano

@farrow000 That part is what I'm talking about, it's not about no more fighters from older games but rather no more Smash veterans because every past Smash character is already in the base game.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

farrow000

@Grumblevolcano ok well neither of us know so just have to wait and see. A lot of games coming out next year so makes sense some of the new characters make it over.

farrow000

Deku-Scrub

Is Piranha Plant one of the 5 DLC fighters? Or is he a bonus one that is not a part of the 5?

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

IceClimbers

DLC Predictions:

1. Edelgard (FE Three Houses)
2. Dixie Kong
3. Elma
4. Geno/Sora/DQ character
5. Steve (Minecraft)

If the Three Houses character happens, it'll be the first of the five revealed. I think they said they were aiming for a February release for Piranha Plant right? So a Three Houses character getting revealed in the March/April Direct and then released in April/May to coincide with the game's release just lines up perfectly.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Yes, Piranha Plant for February the eshop says everything done by February 2020 so 1 every 2 months would work.

Grumblevolcano

Eel

I'd love to have a Minecraft character. Because the stage and music alone would be worth it.

Also that'd be like Microsoft and Nintendo being all buddy buddy.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Undead_terror

Time to main Mii Brawler bois https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1058365978591948800?ref...

Also I'd be fine with Minecraft stage...but Steve as a assist, but who knows at this point.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

MsJubilee

link3710 wrote:

@ReaderRagfish @Tsurii

According to Vergeben, we're getting a character from Granblue Fantasy, a character from Dragon Quest, and a character from Minecraft

This is just depressing.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MegaStoneSmash91

Some people seem to be looking at Piranha Plant a bit too harshly. I'm not going to say everyone hates the character's inclusion, but there's plenty of negative comments flying around. I admit that I was confused at first since the idea seemed absolutely absurd. However, I thought about it for a while after the Direct ended, and it really isn't anything to be angry about.

Sakurai was probably just going about his day to day business, when all of a sudden the idea of a playable Piranha Plant entered his mind. He starts toying with the idea and before you know it he has a functional (and in my opinion, very fun looking) moveset all lined up. I doubt that this was planned. It's an extra character. A bonus. It didn't take a "slot" from Geno, or Isaac, or Shadow, or whoever else people were expecting. There's a reason Piranha Plant is free for early adopters of the game.

Also, the announced DLC is adding 5 more brand new fighters with stages and music tracks on top of a free bonus fighter in a roster that already features over 70 characters. The game isn't exactly starving for content. There's a ton of great stuff here, and plenty of highly requested characters have already been added. So rather than focusing on the small pieces that don't appeal to you, or that you don't agree with, pause for a moment and view the whole picture. I don't believe a simple potted plant is anything to get angry over.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic