Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 4,508

DarkSim01

@link3710
You are probably right we won't get another Sonic stage. But one can hope. If they add Robotnik like I dream of, coupled with the massive resurgence brought on from Sonic Mania, I wouldn't be surprised though.

DarkSim01

Dogorilla

@PokeMario I'd certainly like to see an Arms character, but I think Arms is too recent, so they won't have had time to develop an Arms character for Smash. Maybe as DLC in the future though?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

SKTTR

DarkSim01 wrote:

@Tsurii
The select screen in the Direct was 11 x 9, plus 5 on the bottom row. That's 99 + 5, 104, including the "Random" block.

Right?

Granted, I do think the 103 number will wind up being a lie. I think they'll end up with a few more. There are, in theory, 6 open blocks left on the bottom row. I know a few past stages are not in that screen (might not return at all). I think we'll have something like 2 more new ones and a few more returning ones.

Correct. 103 stages + the random button + 6 free spaces for new/locked stages.

I love the idea of a Miiverse "Best Of" stage (where characters have a number of default messages). It would take away surprises but it would be a nice clean stage now with official Miiverse-style art. I also want the missing 3DS stages (Rainbow Road and Pac-Man) back.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

meleebrawler

@SKTTR I don't think Pac-Maze can function on the Switch, it relied on the 3DS's nature of everyone having their own screen to work.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Eel

They could easily adapt it.

The thing is... It's just a much better PacMan stage than that WiiU one... Even if they removed the gimmick completely, it would still be better.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Hyrule

So I just had an email from Nintendo about an upgrade to my order for Smash bros. Apparently the Official Smash Bros Ultimate Steelbook has been announced so they have upgraded my order to include this.
I suspect others may get the same message, and perhaps the recently announced limited edition might include this as well. Probably find amazon, and other retailers will start upgrading orders as well.
https://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/nintendo-switch/super-smas...

Edited on by Hyrule

Hyrule

Switch Friend Code: SW-7459-0389-4683 | Nintendo Network ID: HyruleMage | Twitter:

TuVictus

Whaaaat a steelbook? I hope we get it in the US

TuVictus

Hyrule

@MisterPi Hopefully it's for every region

Official email reads:
"Thank you for your recent pre-order of Super Smash Bros Ultimate for Nintendo Switch through the Nintendo Official UK Store.
We are contacting you as the Super Smash Bros Ultimate Official Steelbook has been announced for release.
We want to assure you, that as a loyal Nintendo UK Store customer, you will be receiving this with your order, so you won't miss out!
Please look forward to receiving the Official Steelbook at the same time as your receive your order of the Super Smash Bros Ultimate game."

Hyrule

Switch Friend Code: SW-7459-0389-4683 | Nintendo Network ID: HyruleMage | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

Yeah I got that too. Placed the order back at E3

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

HobbitGamer

@Hyrule That's pretty awesome! Nice that it's the same price, too. Has anyone else gotten a hankering to play some games that the OG characters are in? I'm gonna nab Metroid Prime Trilogy this evening for $10

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Hyrule

So it works out cheaper to get the Limited edition at £89.99, than the game, controller and adaptor seperately at approx £103. At least from the Nintendo store. Cancelled my first preorders and just ordered 2 of the limited editions.

Hyrule

Elvie

@meleebrawler That's a shame. I only got the Wii U version and I was hoping to try it out in Ultimate.

Elvie

Elvie

From how I see it, the supposed ''Spirits'', Online, and Games & More modes are going make up at least half of the next Smash Direct.

Elvie

Dreamliner

Is this version going to have any single player? Didn't the GameCube version have single player story?

I've never really been into Smash or any other Fighting PvP type games. They all feel like boring button masher games to me (I know there is more to it than that, I just haven't been able to connect). It's the static environment, attack the enemy, win/lose, next round, repeat...that turns me off.

My favorite games of FPS and Platformers. I couldn't even go Hyrule Legends, too much button mash...

Thoughts?

Edited on by Dreamliner

Dreamliner

Elvie

@Dreamliner Single player modes in Ultimate are basically assured but we don't know yet about a story mode for Ultimate. Melee didn't really have a story but an adventure mode with some sense of progression and sequential transition. Brawl had an amazing, full-length story mode. Some people have problems with it but I had never had that much fun in a game since.

Edited on by Elvie

Elvie

SKTTR

I love the addition of Richter Belmont (the only Castlevania character I really like) and King K. Rool (he looks like tons of fun) so that's two off my dream list.

Still 24 to go.

1. Chibi-Robo (New)
2. Elma (New - from Xenoblade Chronicles X)
3. Dixie Kong (New - I don't think she'll work as a Diddy Echo Fighter, maybe)
4. Peppy (Fox - Echo Fighter)
5. Slippy (Falco - Echo Fighter)
6. King Hippo (Little Mac - Echo Fighter)
7. 8 different Monster Hunter (New)
8. Ken (Ryu - Echo Fighter)
9. Shadow (Sonic - Echo Fighter) hope he's got tunes like White Jungle, Supporting Me, Throw It All Away, Radical Highway
10. Samurai Goroh (Captain Falcon - Echo Fighter) probably will be Black Shadow though, maybe?!
11. 8 different Animal Crossing characters (Villager - Echo Fighter)
12. Spring Man (New - from ARMS)
13. Flint (Lucas - Echo Fighter)
14. Ninten (Ness - Echo Fighter)
15. A second Namco character, SSB4 outfits suggest Heihachi from Tekken, but I prefer Mitsurugi, Siegfried, or Ivy from Soul Calibur
16. A second Square Enix character, SSB4 outfits suggest Geno from SMRPG, and popularity logic concludes a Dragon Quest character, but I prefer Ark, Crono, and the Mana Hero
17. Impa (New - or can she be Shiek's echo?)
18. True Midna (New - or ca she be Zelda's echo?) Echo will probably be Hilda from A Link Between Worlds though
19. Toad / Toadette (New)
20. Koopa Troopa / Dry Bones (New)
21. Travis Touchdown (New - Grasshopper rep from No More Heroes)
22. Nakoruru (New - SNK rep from Samurai Shodown)
23. Isa / Kachi (New - Treasure reps from Sin and Punishment)
24. Tetromino (New)

Shantae, a magic and hair user is cut not just because indie, but also because Bayonetta. She is also a magic and hair user.

I think it's unfortunate that Pauline and Krystal are deconfirmed.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Elvie

How about Missingno. from Pokémon? His moves would include changing players' character names, normal-type attacks, and a final smash that crashes the game.

Edited on by Elvie

Elvie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic