Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

jtmnm

I'm still holding out hope for Geno.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

SKTTR

Oh God, Richter Belmont! That's my favourite Castlevania character!! How did they do it?? I never saw him coming. At first I thought it was a trailer for Micaiah from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, then I saw the Medusa and thought it's her from Kid Icarus, then a Werewolf and Dracula and thought maybe Alucard or Simon. Simon it was, along with Richter to my full surprise and excitement, and Alucard was confirmed as an Assist Trophy.

Dark Samus is much cooler than I thought. It's not just a color swap. Her texture and animation is very different.

I didn't get it, is Chrom another Marth/Lucina Echo Fighter?

King K.Rool was a great ending. I didn't expect they would show so many new characters. I thought Simon, and Richter, and that's it. But the list was growing. When will they run out spamming new character, stages, and mode news? But I'm glad now all the big series have their antagonists playable. For some King K.Rool is bigger than King Dedede, Wolf, or Ganondorf ever were.

I also thought Capcom would add another character next to Mega Man and Ryu. Someone like Ken (obviously still on the cards), Jill Valentine (as the most popular Resident Evil character) or the Monster Hunter in various armor. Phoenix Wright also ranks high up there for me personally. But now that Rathalos is confirmed as an Assist Trophy and Boss(!) I believe Monster Hunter could be the third Capcom fighter in Smash.

Now we're at 73 characters, are there still any open slots for Chibi-Robo, Kachi/Isa (Sin&Punishment), Tetromino (Tetris), King Hippo (Punch-Out!!), Monster Hunter, Ken (Street Fighter), Shadow (Sonic), Peppy/Slippy (StarFox), Impa/True Midna (Zelda), Samurai Goroh (F-Zero), Isaac (Golden Sun), Prof. Layton, Jill Valentine (Resident Evil), Mitsurugi (Soul Calibur), Cross&Elma/Rex&Pyra (Xenoblade), Chorus Kids (Rhythm Paradise), Spring Man (ARMS), and Flint (Earthbound)?

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Eel

@DarthNocturnal as I mentioned, the Mewtwo in smash is based on the anime character, the Mewtwo from the first movie. This is the Mewtwo most people are familiar with.

You know, the one who wanted to clone himself an army of pokemon and destroy the originals.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

RR529

Really, just give us like 1,000 trophies to unlock (Wii U & 3DS were already pushing 800 or at least 600, weren't they?), and that might just be enough single player incentive for me, lol.

Anyhow, I do hope the hidden mode is some sort of single player adventure. Hopefully the size of Subspace Emissary, but with the true to series' theming of Adventure Mode.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Haruki_NLI

@ReaderRagfish It'll be there. Gotta get Final Smash trophies somehow

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

skywake

@SKTTR
Not being a huge fan of Castlevania I thought it was Dark Souls or something. Also, glad Shovel Knight is in even if it's just as an assist. I'm still hoping for Doom Guy....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Joeynator3000

DarthNocturnal wrote:

So... apparently that Monster Hunter stage isn't listed on the website, which has all 103 stages listed.

...story mode boss? Boss mode? Both? The stage itself is pretty barren, kinda like some SSE boss arenas in Brawl.

I was thinking that maybe Rathalos wouldn't be the only monster to show up there...maybe they'll talk about it more later.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

meleebrawler

@SKTTR Chrom is actually a Roy echo for the most part. He just uses Ike's up special because he also happens to use it in his game.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

TuVictus

An Adventure Mode with this classic mode is pretty much all I want. The gargantuan rest of the content is just gravy. Crossing my fingers because it seems Sakurai really is focused on trying to satisfy as many people as possible this time around. Which, is good and also a tad disappointing, but that's a whole other discussion

TuVictus

DarkSim01

Ok, so I was thinking about key dates for SSBU:
Early June at E3 reveal
Early August Direct
Early December Release Date

This led me to this idea:
Reveal, two months, Direct, two months, Direct, two months, Release
This would be another Direct in Early October

In yesterday's Direct went basically like this:
New fighter with new stage
3 Echo fighters (one based on a new fighter)
Stage details/reveals, info on all stages, select screens, Stage Morph, etc.
My Music
Details on rules, game modes, options, new Battle modes and Training mode update
Classic Mode
New Items, Pokemon and Assist Trophies
Look at the Menu and UI
Surprise Character reveal

I imagine they'll use the same basic backbone of the Direct, but have a big blowout, with this as the last reveal before the release (according to my schedule theory)

I think it could look something like this:
New fighter with new stage (I'm thinking Decidueye, to coincide with Pokemon Let's Go hype)
4 Echo fighters (Dixie Kong, Shadow, Isabelle, Ken)
Returning stage reveals
New Stage Reveal (based on Sonic Mania, given the attention they're giving it)
New fighter (Dr. Robotnik)
Segue into the reveal of that secret game mode in the Menu (likely an adventure mode of some kind)
-This will take up the bulk of the time used in this past Direct on Music, Battle Modes, etc.
New Items, Pokemon and Assist Trophies
Final Look at the Menu, the adventure mode and how to unlock fighters (how you start with the N64 roster and expand
Final "thank you" from Sakurai and the team, etc.
Surprise Waluigi reveal (the ultimate troll, waiting until the last minute, ending the whole thing with a quick shot of Sakurai winking at the camera)

Am I crazy or does this seem at least plausible?

DarkSim01

DarkSim01

@Tsurii
The select screen in the Direct was 11 x 9, plus 5 on the bottom row. That's 99 + 5, 104, including the "Random" block.

Right?

Granted, I do think the 103 number will wind up being a lie. I think they'll end up with a few more. There are, in theory, 6 open blocks left on the bottom row. I know a few past stages are not in that screen (might not return at all). I think we'll have something like 2 more new ones and a few more returning ones.

DarkSim01

link3710

@DarkSim01 Yes, there are 103 stages released shown on that screen. That said, "Now the total number of stages is 103" definitely could be interpreted to mean as of the time it was shown. I think we'll definitely be seeing further stages added on by release, probably another 2-4.

For reference, the missing 17 stages out of the 120 to ever exist are:

• Rumble Falls - Vertical
  • Jungle Hijinxs - Probably breaks stage morph due to the two plane feature.
  • Mute City (Melee) - Remade as Port City Aero Dive
  • Flat Zone 2 - Part of Flat Zone X
  • Flat Zone - Part of Flat Zone X
  • Icicle Mountain - Vertical
  • Rainbow Road - Low effort stage tossed in at the last second to boost numbers
  • Mushroom Kingdom (Melee) - A remake of Mushroom Kingdom 64, still distinct
  • Planet Zebes - Remade as Brinstar, still distinct
  • Pyrosphere - Ridley
  • Miiverse - Dead
  • PictoChat - Remade as Pictochat 2, but still distinct
  • Pac-Maze - Technical issues with multi screen
  • Poké Floats - Low effort stage tossed in at the last second to boost numbers
  • Sector Z - remade as Corneria
  • Orbital Gate Assault - Disliked, but other than that dunno
  • Woolly World - Dunno

So most of the missing stages are pretty explicable. That said, hopefully we'll see some more come back as DLC

Edited on by link3710

link3710

TOUGHDUDE94

I think i seen above the messages a blur out space in the ZR menu I think that could be DLC
Also I think They are going to have at least 2 more echoes for fire emblem Robin at the point will go with with ceilica from echeos with Alm as her final smash or Alm as Ike echo I do think an Axe user might come in Now hector is the one that comes to mind due to body type.I do see saber as an assist if my theroy happens new stage idea zofia castle
Pokemon
Desudeye is a main fighter with a stage based on the battle royal or the platform in iki town That seems to be a good gen 7 rep with pokken and nice z-move and being an archer with more gen 7 pokemon.
Shadow is my next big choice for an fighter or echo and maybe a stage based on SA2 or Mania is likely and tails may be an assist to along with knuckles
Ken from street fighter as Ryu echo maybe

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Grumblevolcano

The weirdest thing about the Direct is pretty much no online info. For the main game Nintendo's banking on for paid online subscriptions, everything's very quiet on that front.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkSim01

@link3710 Good job with the info. I was actually just looking at all of that and came up with the same conclusion. I agree on all fronts. Most of the stages they left off make sense, as they would basically just be duplicates (or at least not different enough). With six spots left on the bottom, I think we'll see the board filled out. To expand on what I had in my big post above:

New Sonic Stage
New Pokemon Stage
New Kong Stage (to replace Rumble Falls and Jungle Hijinxs)
Remaster of Ken's original SFII Stage
New Yoshi Stage (based on the new game, to replace Woolly World)

For the sixth, I could see them doing a Mario Party themed stage or even something completely original to either partner with the game's assumed adventure mode or even something based on Sakurai himself, like the original bedroom from SSB 64 or some "Ultimate" stage made specifically for this game. Something to honor Sakurai for all the hard work he's done over the years.

DarkSim01

EvilLucario

Poke Floats was awesome though. Crushes me that Poke Floats is probably gonna be left behind.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dugu

Can't wait tbh. Me and my friends are all going to buy this and play as if it's 2005 again.

The games that I play are: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Arms, Zelda: BotW, Mario Odyssey, Sonic Mania. I have finally 100%'d all of them!

Please add me! SW-7666-6692-9100

link3710

@Grumblevolcano I have a theory on that one. You see that blurred out icon on the main menu? It kind of looks like a microphone. And we know that Nintendo implemented voice chat into the API earlier this year, and nothing's used it so far on the first party front. That'd be a big announcement to make in September, right alongside the start of paid online, now wouldn't it?

@DarkSim01 I highly doubt we'll get another Sonic stage, it's the only 3rd party with two.

link3710

PokeMario

I don't know if people even want Arms characters or not, but it would seem odd to not include Nintendo fighting game characters in a fighting game full of Nintendo characters.

PokeMario

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic