Forums

Topic: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

Posts 321 to 340 of 410

Moroboshi876

@Lroy Control kinda sucks, I know it because I've been playing USFII. I can handle it, but some specials, when they require a double circle, I can't perform. Aside from that I've enjoyed it.

The sound is low, then? But what about quality? Since one of the early updates Switch's volume is more than enough, at least with headphones. When I use them I don't even go to 100%, whereas when I use the 3DS on the bus I can't hear almost anything because of engine noise. I hope with the Switch at 100% volume with headphones the problem is solved, but it's something I guess they'll fix sooner or later.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Moroboshi876 Yep the video capture works. Strangely it doesn't work with Ikaruga ,neither does it work with post update FIFA 19.The latter isn't surprising but Ikaruga is a new release,I assumed all new releases come with it as standard.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

wasilewski

Finally I got a new controller - I went for the Nintendo Pro Controller as I had a few pounds on an Amazon voucher that I hadn't spend.

For me, the moves are far easier to perform using the D pad. I would highly recommend a D pad to play this game, unless you are using an arcade stick, which may be just as easy.

My favourite game is 3rd Strike. I have been using Chunners a lot, but I've also been practicing with Elena, trying to learn combos etc. When I first played Elena I thought there was something wrong with the controls as every button was a kick! She has some pretty nice special moves and a lot of potential.

Edited on by wasilewski

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Lroy

@wasilewski In the admittedly small amount of time I've played the game so far. I have found that much to my surprise, I too agree, Switch Pro Controller D-Pad is my preferred control method (over JoyCon or Arcade Stick). Wish I could perform the moves better with arcade stick but it ain't happening yet. Even with Pro though, still only correctly pull of specials about 60% of the time at best.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@wasilewski As for fave game so far, my prior experience and general sense of memory about STREET FIGHTER II means I am leaning towards STREET FIGHTER II, CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION and HYPER FIGHTING (this one especially as it reminds me the most of Turbo on SNES which I played lots back in the day).

However, I do already see myself liking one of the ALPHAs or STREET FIGHTER III iterations best overall in the future. However, as those are 'new' to me. I don't quite understand what the other onscreen metres mean or what I am supposed to be doing to ustilise them.

Angelic_Lapras_King

Honestly, I found it tricky to perform Sakura's special move in Alpha 2, a move I can do without much problem on other systems, using the Pro's D Pad. Kept jumping when I wasnt pressing up and by the time I nailed it, my thumb was already aching.

Might be time to invest in a controller more suited to fighters. As much as I love the Pro controller, it just has a bit of a hard time with this collection for my fighting tastes.

Angelic_Lapras_King

ValhallaOutcast

does your fight stick have a switch on it that toggles what the stick does (ie d pad, left analog, right analog)

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Lroy

ValhallaOutcast wrote:

does your fight stick have a switch on it that toggles what the stick does (ie d pad, left analog, right analog)

Yes, mine does. I have left it on the default setting it came with. D-Pad.

Presumably that is the 'best' setting for playing arcade games on Switch?

Edited on by Lroy

Zkibu

Finally got the game. Been playing mostly Offline with ST and 3rd strike. Are we going to have online tournaments?

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

noe22

it is very nice to see games that have marked the evolution of the video game coming out years later, but the purchase of this compilation is not essential especially for PC players, PS4 and Xbox One. But the Nintendo Switch version has the most interest because of its portable aspect and the exclusive tournament mode that is affiliated with it.

noe22

mauhlin12

I was playing some matches online today with my Pokken Tournament controller and I think it might be my preferred method of playing now. I still do like the 8BitDo SNES 30 Pro controller, but I had a much easier time with the Pokken controller using characters with charging specials like Bison, Guile and E. Honda. I really like the big buttons, especially the L and R. The function of the Pokken controller is pretty much limited to retro 2D games since there are no analogue sticks, missing buttons, no rumble, no motion controls and the controller is wired so it's only for docked play. I also ran into my first rage quitter so I must be getting decent at the game. 3rd Strike, round 3 of a ranked match, I win, "K.O." pops up, screen freezes, message that pops up says "connection to other player lost." I didn't get credit for the win. I went ahead and blocked the user but it's a shame that people still act like babies when they lose at a video game that's just supposed to be fun.

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

Anti-Matter

Um...
I have questions about this game.
Does Switch Pro Controller will working Far Better than Joy Cons ?
Can i use Wii U Pro Controller ?
Has someone ever used PowerA Pro Controller ?

It seems the game is very Quiet, very Low sound, is that happened on All version (ps4, xbox1, steam) ?

To be honest, i was quite disappointed by Crappy movement input from Joy Cons & Very Low sound volume so i have to use Earphone to play or play it in Docked Mode & Increase my TV sound volume 3 times bigger as usual (Usually i set on Volume 9 - 12 on my Sharp Aquos TV, but for SF 30th Anniversary Switch , i increased until between 25 - 30 )

Anti-Matter

Moroboshi876

Well, I received the game on Friday and spent a chunk of time playing Street Fighter. It was something I always wanted to do despite warnings and don't regret it, but I have one complaint: even with Joy-cons, which is how I play on Switch and for now lets me do the inputs rather well in Ultra Street Fighter II (except for double circles and things like that, which I never get to do), it shouldn't be so difficult to perform the three classic Ryu/Ken moves anybody knows.

After easily beating several enemies, I arrived to Lee stage and used dozens of continues because hadôken (which I could do 1 out of 15 tries) wasn't enough against a fighter so quick -for SFI standards-, and then I could do tatsumaki senpûkyaku by toggling down and left (or right) arrows and pressing kick all the time, so 1 out of maybe 8 tries was successful. Now I'm stuck in Sagat and that's not enough. Shôryuken I saw it once in hours.

Is it me? Maybe I'm not the best player in the world, but I can do those three moves. Street Fighter is so unresponsive... That bothers me. Bad animations and dated graphics don't.

Lroy

@Moroboshi876 If you are referring to the unresponsive or plain difficult to perform moves of the original SF in this collection, you are certainly not alone.

Arcade aficionado @GrailUK succinctly put it along the lines of 'the toughest battle in the original SF is with the controls' 😂

Side note, one I've mentioned many times now, I'm actually finding the controls in the collection in general to be far 'harder', 'trickier', 'inacurrate', 'inconsistent' whatever you want to call it than I ever anticipated.

I'm only on 5hrs or more played though according to my Switch Activity Profile. So just hoping with persistence I find myself feeling more and more in control of my chosen fighters. As it stands, pretty much half of their special moves are not worth me attempting as failure rate is so high and it leaves you totally exposed against people online. Almost like being reduced to button mashing, that's how ineffective this game is making me feel at times.

Edited on by Lroy

Moroboshi876

@Lroy Yes, I'm referring to that. Do you mean it doesn't happen in other compilations or ports of this game?

I've not tested the other games yet, but if their controls are like USFII ones, I'm good. I understand the occasional problems come from the joy-cons and move on. I'm not going to buy a Pro Controller whose D-Pad is said to be horrible, and I'm not sure about buying a Mayflash F300 arcade stick (interesting for its low price and Xbox compatibility), because I'm not certain it will improve my general performance in fighting games, as I'm not used to arcade sticks.

About online, I've not tried it yet, but everybody says it's broken, anyway I'm not an online player.

Edited on by Moroboshi876

Lroy

@Moroboshi876 I can't remember how the original SF game played on other systems. Played it way back on the spectrum or something. Just mean, others have also shared your opinion that the game doesn't control great.

As for whether the SFII titles in this collection play/control like ULTRA SF II. No I don't believe it does. I don't own USFII but others here, who do, have noted that moves and specials are far easier to pull off consistently in USFII. Even they are noticing that it is harder to be as successfully consistent in pulling off the special moves in this collection.

As for different controllers, of course you go with whatever you prefer. Hopefully, you'll get along far better than I have. I haven't used the Joy-Con. I have used the Switch Pro and the HORI Arcade Stick. In my hands, neither offer a control experience that is comfortable (not able to pull of moves as desired). Again, this is just me. One person. Just my opinion and personal experience to date with this collection.

For online, maybe join in with our SF 30TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION Game Nights. Details over on the Adult Switch Gamers thread. We play Tuesdays from 8:30pm UK time. If we have people from Europe and North America hosting lobbies. If you play against someone on the same continent as you the online performance is much, much better and less 'broken' than when matched with randoms.

The online is a big part of games like SFII. So I'd recommend you give it a go at least. Increasing the longevity of any 1 on 1 fighter.

Anyway, whatever you do and however you play, enjoy the game 👍

Edited on by Lroy

Moroboshi876

@Lroy Thanks for your answers. So this collection has an overall control issue, is it right?

And no reviewer has mentioned it yet? It looks like a problem that should be urgently fixed (and if they can enhance the sound volume while they're at it...).

meleebrawler

@Moroboshi876 Isn't it just the older games are much less forgiving with inputs compared to modern entries? I know at least Zangief's spinning piledriver used to require an actual 360 motion as opposed to the near 360 they let you get away with these days.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Moroboshi876

@meleebrawler I don't know, but Street Fighter inputs are nearly impossible. I refuse to accept that I don't master at least hadôken, shôryuken and tatsumaki senpûkyaku, and yet I can't use them normally in the first Street Fighter.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic