Forums

Topic: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

Posts 341 to 360 of 410

LinktotheFuture

@Moroboshi876 I believe that is just how it is with the original Street Fighter. It controls the same way on the Capcom Classics Collection for PS2.

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

Moroboshi876

@LinktotheFuture They just told me you have to press the button, then do the directional moves and then release the button. Is it true?

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

LinktotheFuture

@Moroboshi876 I have never heard that myself. A big part of why the game wasn't very successful is because the controls are pretty awful.

I was eventually able to make my way to Sagat, but I could never beat him. He is super tough in this game, at least for me.

Eagle9

Is that Rose in the game cover image, (not same pic in Museum).

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Lroy

@Moroboshi876 I'm not qualified to say holistically this collection has a control issue. I can only speak from my own experiences playing the game. For me, the games are much harder to pull off the special moves than I ever remembered from any home port or the arcade machines I played back in the day. Of course, it could be in my mind and fingers. I am a lot older now and out of practice.

However, difficulty with performing the moves is an observation I have read from others on this thread.

EDIT: I read somewhere online that it may be due to the Switch itself and how it recognises
/processes any up/down/left/right inputs as individual Joy-Con buttons. No matter if you are using the D-Pad on Switch Pro or HORI Arcade Stick in D-Pad mode.

Again, I can really explain what this means other than there may indeed be a general 'less than ideal' way in which the Switch and SF 30TH ANNIVERSARY handles control inputs.

This is just people's impressions and discussion I have seen on this forum in the HORI Arcade Stick thread and other gaming forums I stumbled across looking for chat on the controls in this game collection.

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Eagle9

Eagle9 wrote:

Is that Rose in the game cover image, (not same pic in Museum).

Can someone anyone answer please

Lroy

@Eagle9 I don't know what you're talking about? What game cover? The SF 30TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION game case cover art?

wasilewski

@Lroy I agree with this, and it’s the main reason why i got the pro controller, so I can use the d pad. Some of the moves are very difficult to pull off, even with a d pad. I find special moves that require an input such as charge <, >,<,> + p is nearly impossible to pull off.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Eagle9

@Lroy @Fafounet
Yes right that

WHY ELSE I'M POSTING TO THIS THREAD IF NOT FOR SPECIFIC GAME *SIGH..

Edited on by Eagle9

Lroy

Eagle9 wrote:

@Lroy @Fafounet
Yes right that

WHY ELSE I'M POSTING TO THIS THREAD IF NOT FOR SPECIFIC GAME *SIGH..

Wow, rude much. Have taken the time to try and work out what you have asked in more than one thread on here in the past. Even though I couldn't quite understand what you were saying, I tried to help you and answer. Shan't bother in future.

Edited on by Lroy

Eagle9

Just not my day, did not meant to be rude.

Lroy

Eagle9 wrote:

Just not my day, did not meant to be rude.

No worries. All is cool. You take care πŸ‘

LinktotheFuture

@Eagle9 For future reference, most people interpret "all caps" as yelling. I have to be careful and remember that tone is really difficult to get across online, so I use emojis probably more than I should to make up for it.

As for your original question, my best guess is that it is Rose on the cover, but I don't know for sure. I would have chosen to put Cammy on the cover instead. She would be a lot easier to identify, too.

Eagle9

@LinktotheFuture
Isn't that Cammy in there too?

LinktotheFuture

@Eagle9 You are correct. As you can see, I haven't spent much time looking at the cover art. In that case, I would replace Rose with Ken.

Moroboshi876

@Lroy Wow, then it's really surprising to me that no review has adressed that problem in Switch version.

Today I've been playing SFI again and I can confirm the "push the button, do the direction moves and release the button" method doesn't work.

What I've been doing is pressing the directional buttons like a mad man and constantly tapping punch or kick, depending on the special I wanted to do, and it worked better. I even performed some shΓ΄ryukens, despite I was trying to do hadΓ΄kens. LOL.

That made me beat Sagat in one round, which is an improvement. The other two rounds he always wins. It would seem as if he gets angry when he loses and in the next round the hitbox gets mad and whatever amount of hadΓ΄kens you can connect to him don't damage the one-eyed fighter. On top of that, but it's something that happens regardless of whether you win one round, he can block almost everything with no damage received, something you can't do.

In short: the specials are performed as always, just you have to do the inputs like a person who is having a stroke. And then maybe 40% of the time it works.

Anti-Matter

@Moroboshi876
Btw, have you tried Pro Controller ?
Is it better than Joy Cons , especially the Analog buttons & D-pad buttons ?

Anti-Matter

Lroy

In case anyone is interested here. We are having an Adult Switch Gamers games night playing SF 30TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION tonight. I will create a lobby from 8:30pm UK Time. My North American brethren @Mauhlin12 will create another lobby around the same time.

Worth noting. There is a 4 player linit to lobbies. So we will start with two and ask other players to split off and create additional lobbies as needed. Folks can then just jump from one to another if they want to have a match against all people playing.

Also, the online performance of this game is improved drastically from the laggy experience many of you will have noticed if you play against people from your own continent. Hence, I will create a lobby and suggest European players join me. Whereas, North American players would be better to join @Mauhlin12

Hope this is all clear and easy to understand.

Check out the Adult Switch Gamers thread on NL Forum for more details and also a link to our Discord should you wish to use text or voice chat during the games night. Cheers.

RetroGamerAndrew

So... I've got my switch back yesterday, and I finally managed to give SF 30th collection a go.
As I feared, unfortunately I find the games to be really, really awkward to play (if not unplayable) with either joycon sticks or the sh*tty faux-dpad.
That almost killed any excitement from my part because I bought the game to play in portable mode (when I'm at home, SFV: AE on PC is a better option for me).
I'll wait for the HORI joycon, till then I don't see me playing this game that much... well, honestly I can't say I didn't see this one coming tho

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Moroboshi876

@Anti-Matter As I explained (I think, now I'm not sure anymore) I only have joy-cons. I've been considering a Mayflash F300 arcade stick, but I don't know it it'll improve my performance (I'm not used to arcade sticks) and also don't know if I can connect it to the Switch WITHOUT a Pro Controller, because it has an USB cable, and I don't know how that works. Until now nobody has answered me this question.

Anyway, if I have to get a Pro controller in order to use an arcade stick... I'll pass on that.

Ultra Street Fighter II is OK with Joy-cons -not good, just OK-, and if this compilation has worse controls then this is a huge misstep on Capcom's part.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic