Forums

Topic: Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Posts 321 to 340 of 483

toiletduck

Seems like the physical starter bundle already received its first price cut (EU). Interesting for people who want to go physical with this. I'm waiting for a price drop of the digital deluxe. That's still €99 here in the Netherlands.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Trajan

So now that the hype died down: is this game worth it?

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

link3710

@Trajan If you live in the states and get it half price on Black Friday (already confirmed), definitely. If you get it full price in the states maybe. If you are in Europe and it's full price, probably not.

link3710

Tisteg80

@Trajan
It absolutely is. It took me 34 hours to complete it but since I didn't bought the yellow weapon from the Neptune ship pack I couldn't open some chests and towers. But that would be completely optional. Just make sure to buy an additional ship pack to have one more life.

I enjoyed my time in the Starlink universe and this is one of the rare games where I wish it would get some DLC.

Tisteg80

HobbitGamer

@Trajan I loved it, and would still be playing if it weren’t for Pokémon. There’s a skill tree, upgrade, and crafting element that had me hooked on trying to make souped up builds.
I wouldn’t say no to an expansion on the story down the line.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Matthew010

According to Nintendo Everything, Ubisoft has said that "this is just the beginning for Starlink" and that the company is "planning to reveal more next month, so stay tuned"
Could this be an expansion or some new ships or weapons?

Matthew010

HobbitGamer

@Matthew010 All the toys/downloads have a description of Wave 1, so I’m guessing toys. Buuuut, I’m hoping for story. I like the game

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp add me to the new starlink family. Got it for 25 (since I forgot to get free shipping) when it was the deal of the day on Amazon. For the physical version do you have to have the ship at all times to use it or will it scan and download into the game? I'm just going to play as Fox.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

HobbitGamer

@Ryu_Niiyama For the physical, you can just scan in to activate the digital version of an item. It will require a 7 day check in though, so don’t go putting that Arwing in a glass case just yet.
Hope you enjoy the game! I certainly have.

#MudStrongs

Ryu_Niiyama

^ Haha! good to know. That is a nice way to balance a toys to life game, I think. I'll get started on it tonight at my night job.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JasmineDragon

HobbitGamer wrote:

@Ryu_Niiyama For the physical, you can just scan in to activate the digital version of an item. It will require a 7 day check in though, so don’t go putting that Arwing in a glass case just yet.
Hope you enjoy the game! I certainly have.

(Puts on "Actually" hat...)

You don't have to reload the base ships. They are a one-time link. Only add-ons need to be relinked after a week.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

HobbitGamer

@JasmineDragon oh! Thanks for that. I feel like I’ve been told this but forgot.

It’s Levi-oh-sa, not Levio-sah 😂

#MudStrongs

JasmineDragon

@HobbitGamer Yeah, I feel like it makes a big difference. I can live with having to relink my add-ons because they are kind of optional (although I love my Neptune, my main ship now!)

But I would not want to have to relink every ship once a week.

I hope you guys like it, it's been a blast for me so far.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

darkfenrir

After a bit of thinking and having someone else chip in, I finally bought the game (Digital Deluxe Edition)! Downloading and going to play it once I have finished with Pokemon, but I feel like it'll be fun as long as I can get the hang of the control for combat XD

(I never played much shooter kind of game)

darkfenrir

bluedogrulez

I purchased the physical on the Black Friday markdown. I had just finished Manticore, which I grew to really enjoy. At first, I was a little frustrated with the Starlink ship controls (Manticore's were so TIGHT) and the story scenes, but I'm about 5 hours in and it really gets rolling. I love the ship power ups and flying around helping the mining stations. Also: Fox is fully playable...it really does feel like a SF installment.

I play digitally and was able to by another weapon DLC pack, which worked flawlessly. I might buy the Neptune Ship DLC too since that one seems to be a different maker. But I like the challenge of having only a few ships. If you die, there is a consequence. Not a huge one, but you do have to start a fight over for instance.

I saw that the eShop has all (or nearly all) DLCs available in a discounted bundle ($50), but didn't bite. I have yet to appreciate the difference between the pilots (each has some sort of special ability), but I'd really rather just roll with Fox.

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Elvie

This is minor question but it's one that has been bugging me. So how come at the menu screen when you press the X button, it doesn't register when you want to learn more about the game?

Elvie

Elvie

Ok, now the game is acting weirder in which it locked off the use of my Y button.

Elvie

Magician

Now this is a game I'd say is, "swimming in 7s". The production levels are high, but that gameplay loop is kind of meh. Basically a third person looter-shooter. I paid $35, and after playing for a few hours that price point feels like a bargain. Good game, borderline great.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

redd214

For anyone on the fence the starter pack is down to $30 on Amazon! Game must've tanked hard, unfortunate days is actual quite good!!

redd214

NEStalgia

Still liking this game. I haven't played it too much but it's just so zen exploring the planets. Still, I wonder how you play without all the weapon add-ons.....it really helps a lot to have the right weapons for the right tasks. And I still can't take out an outlaw base....I churn through my best 3 ships and get spat out alive.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic