Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 5,081 to 5,100 of 5,158

Jhena

So cute how serious Mantaro is, to save the world. Surimi Syndicate is really likeable.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

CaleBoi25

@WoomyNNYes SideTune when, Nintendo?! Or OrderTune?

I am Team Bucket List!

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

WoomyNNYes

Got super lucky playing eggstra work. Got 170 eggs on my second try. Doubt I can beat that.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Grumblevolcano

It's surreal that next month Splatoon got announced 10 years ago, June 10th 2014 (34:59 in the video is the Splatoon reveal):

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaleBoi25

@Grumblevolcano Woah! That's insane! Now I feel old... I only got a copy starting with 3, but I remeber my friend being obsessed way back when

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Croctopus

@Grumblevolcano UGH, don't remind me of how uninterested I was when this game was first revealed! Not that I hated it, but I didn't care because it was new and unfamiliar, even if kinda cool-looking. It wasn't until I learned more about the game the following year and played the Global Testfire that I finally came around, but I still wouldn't be a fan until 2. No such thing as love at first sight...

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

I think the kid-friendly art style probably makes some people assume the game isn't as good as it is. That was my feeling when I first saw Splatoon - I assumed the game wasn't for me. I had no plans to even try it. But my friend that had a Wii U INSISTED that "you really should try it" on the Switch. And then it became one of my favorite games.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

CinnamonRobin

It's interesting how many of us seem to have similar stories. I wasn't interested in Splatoon at all when it was first revealed. I'd never been interested in shooters or online multiplayer-focussed games, so I just assumed It wasn't for me. It was only a few months later when played it at EGX that I realised I was wrong. Fast forward to today and Splatoon 3 is my most played Switch game 2 years running!

Edited on by CinnamonRobin

CinnamonRobin

WoomyNNYes

Finally got the Seafoam Cap, catalog level 90, YAY!! I missed out on it when it was in the catalog a year ago. Looks like I'm going to be able to finish the catalog this season. I want those multicolored vans shoes (Zedfry Slip-ons) at level 94, too. (I'm at level 93, now, so close!).

https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Seafoam_Cap
https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/ZedFry_Slip-Ons

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

I wasn't too interested in Splatoon when the first game got its reveal trailer. It looked a bit weird, and didn't look like anything Nintendo would make, and I just wasn't interested in competitive online shooters at the time. But it did grow on me after a couple years. I got Splatoon 1 a year after it came out, tried out the story mode and online battles, and surprisingly, I really liked them. Heck, even the art style grew on me, and the Splatoon series has some awesome music too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Grumblevolcano

Wait a second, the trailer timings for each season were:

• Fresh Season 2024 - February 13th 2024
  • Chill Season 2023 - November 15th 2023
  • Drizzle Season 2023 - August 17th 2023
  • Sizzle Season 2023 - May 16th 2023
  • Fresh Season 2023 - Wasn't a trailer, instead info was spread out starting from February 16th 2023
  • Chill Season 2022 - November 14th 2022

Which gives the impression that Sizzle Season 2024 may be announced this week rather than waiting until the Splatfest ends.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SplatRay001

@Grumblevolcano that would make sense, the fresh season 2024 trailer for instance actually released before the final splatfest of Chill 23. I think we’ll see the trailer tomorrow, but that’s just a gut feeling on my part.

SplatRay001

Croctopus

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, we're getting the trailer very soon. Splatfest doesn't disrupt anything. In fact, the Chill 2023 and Fresh 2024 seasons were both announced in the same week as regional Splatfests happening that weekend.

Whirling Octoling

Croctopus

Here's the Splatfest artwork for Same Ol' Vs. Bucket List Vs. Save the Day!

Shiver reminds me of Marie in her kimono outfit from Splatoon 2.

Frye actually looks a little menacing here. The guitar is an obvious reference to Team Guitar as well as her swimming gear referencing Bucket List's logo. Funny how her ink color isn't the correct blue color.

I thought Big Man would be dressed like a superhero, not a professor...

Edited on by Croctopus

Whirling Octoling

Croctopus

Sizzle 2024 is COMING!

• New stage: Lemuria Hub
  • New weapons: Wellstring V & Mint Decavitator
  • BIG Big Run featuring every Big Run map and fighting all three King Salmonids of the Triumvirate at the same time
  • The jellyfish at the end should be teasing Deep Cut vs. Off the Hook vs. Squid Sisters, the next special Splatfest

Edited on by Croctopus

Whirling Octoling

CaleBoi25

Guys the new stage is like Saltspray, it's mirrored!!!

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Fizza

ALL THREE KING SALMONIDS AT THE SAME TIME OH F*** YES
Untitled
I haven't been keeping up with Splatoon much lately due to the unending pressure of exams but this is looking like a great new season: the new Stringer and Splatana looks super fun (Wellspring V in particular looks like it'll be a, for lack of a better term, blast), Lemuria Hub looks like an insanely cool stage from both a gameplay and concept standpoint and SASHIMORI MY BELOVED DON'T EVER LEAVE ME AGAIN 💖💖💖

....I will say though, I am VERY afraid of what they're insinuating with this bit at the end of the trailer XD
Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

HiGuysGames

The release date / title card has the noise of a Geiger counter. Could it mean something or is it just a random sound effect for the end of the trailer?

HiGuysGames

Fizza

HiGuysGames wrote:

The release date / title card has the noise of a Geiger counter. Could it mean something or is it just a random sound effect for the end of the trailer?

Normally I'd think something like this is a reach....but at the same time Splatoon's entire world is predicated off of about 5-6 nukes going off at the same time so you might not be far off. And if that's the case then....oh god XD

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic