Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,221 to 4,240 of 5,014

Octane

Is A+ still good these days?

Octane

Octane

I got to rank S, am I now part of the cool kids!?

Octane

-Green-

Sorry, you gotta join the elite X-rankers before you can sit at the cool guys table.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@Maxz The little squid legs can't climb any further, I'll try next week!

Octane

NinjaAceTrainer

No way, S+ is where it's at. Rank X is for the Splatoon tryhards.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

Octane

So there's an S+, but no S-?

Octane

Maxz

@Octane Yeah. All the 'standard' letters have three variants within that class; plus, minus and vanilla. But with S there's just S+ and S. I don't believe S and S+ players are ever paired, so you could argue they're as disparate in terms of matchmaking as the C and A ranks. And technically S+ is divided into S+0, S+1, S+2, all the way up to S+9, making it a ten variant system (although this data isn't displayed in the lobby).

And then after S+9 you finally have X, and even within X you have an X power ranking which determines which players you're most likely to be matched with. And then if you're within the Top 500 of X, your player is given a little red crown and everyone has to be scared of you.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo confirmed the free updates are continuing even after the launch of Octo Expansion:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snadertjuh

Splatoon is a big hype in Japan and it does sell very good in the West. I still don't have it because I am travelling. I have often very bad WiFi connections. For example when I am racing online with Mario Kart the connection failed. I really want to pick up Splatoon 2. But is it also enjoyable offline or is this game just meant to play online. Because if so, I won't pick it up now. I never player the original Splatoon on the Wii U but I don't know of the offline gameplay of Splatoon 2 is worth a buy.

From Holland, SW-8284-9406-5119

meleebrawler

Raphael lost in popularity but won decisively in combat. How oddly fitting of those turtle's traits.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Toy_Link

How to choose the right team for a Splatfest
1. Vote for the team that Pearl is supporting

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

GarudaRamuda

@Snadertjuh Definitely don't pick up the game if you can't play online, the campaign is decent but not nearly long enough to warrant the price.

GarudaRamuda

Maxz

@Snadertjuh It's definitely enjoyable offline. The campaign is pretty solid for an online focused game, and the world, characters, and aesthetics are wonderfully realised. But at the end of the day it's still an online focused shooter, and that's where the real meat of the game lies.

It'd be like paying for a three course meal, enjoying the delicious (and surprisingly substantial) starter, and then leaving before the main course (or that sweet Salmon Run pudding) could arrive.

I just hope your internet issues can be resolved!

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

ValhallaOutcast

When do we pick between Donatello and Michaelangelo?

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

-Green-

I thought it was at the end of the week.

Grumblevolcano

3.0.1 update is live.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ValhallaOutcast

is it not possible to skip the "whats new" conversation with Marina and Pearl?

Team Donnie for the win this weekend

Edited on by ValhallaOutcast

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

-Green-

No. Sadly it is not

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic