Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,201 to 4,220 of 5,014

-Green-

You know. I wish they would make the Stingray work like the Killer Wail. where once you place it, it's very hard to move or reposition.

Edit: btw, a new gatling and slosher have been datamined.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Heavyarms55

So I am a filthy casual. How does Splatoon 2 decide which of the 2 maps you play? On the surface it seems like it should be a 50/50 chance each time. But it never seems to work out that way in practice and I often end up playing the same one 3 or 4 times in a row, if not more.

Also, is there a separate hidden ranking system in Turf War? Because it strikes me as really odd that despite being a level 25 I am almost never paired with a majority of players who are also in the 20s. I know level is just a measure of how much you have played the game, and not skill - that is for rank in ranked mode - but like, when I join a match and the next lowest level play is 37, and after him is 46 and the rest are 50-87, I feel out of place. Then I somehow end up with the best score on a team of people double and triple my level... And I am not good at this game, leaving me very confused...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

-Green-

I'm pretty sure the level matchmaking thing your talking about is based on the player's skill, and not entirley on the level itelf.

Missile

Hi guys,

Just get here S+ in splat zones. There is a yello “0” after . What does it mean?

Edited on by Missile

Missile
Switch friend code : SW-0881-5546-8403

NinjaAceTrainer

@Missile The number goes from 0-9. When you rank up, the number goes up. Rank down, the number goes down. If you rank down at S+0 you go to S. If you rank up at S+9 you go to rank X. As far as I know, all S+ players are matched together, regardless of number. Hope this helps.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

Pazzo-TheFool

What happened to my precious Splat Roller?

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

-Green-

Splashdown, Curling and Ninja all were nerfed.

Tbh, I think they should adjust some of the Specials in this game. Stingray, Splashdown and maybe Tenta Missles could do with some notable changes.

Maybe something like making the Stingray fire similar to the Killer Wail, but in spurts with directs from the laser shot dealing 100 and side hits dealing 50, 40 or something like that.

Splashdown should have its AoE shortened but grant full immunity when used, so it's essentially a fairer but more consistent panic button. As is, the recent change makes it the worst Special. Maybe you could press a button while in air to rise further in the air, lose immunity, but hit with a huger AoE.

Tenta Missles are just overshadowed generally by all other specials. Maybe make it so you can press a button while the missles are active so you discard one of the launchers and use the remaining one as a rpg launcher of sorts. You lose access to the see through walls perk but can launch a certain amount of globs of ink. Obviously not to the extent and speed of the inkzooka. I'm not sure if this would be OP though, so they'd likely need to think of something.

Just some cool ideas I had.

Edited on by -Green-

NinjaAceTrainer

@-Green- What happened to Splashdown? I read through the patch notes again and the only thing that I saw relating to Splashdown was the internet connection bug fix.
EDIT: Also, how were Curling Bombs nerfed? In my mind they were buffed.

Edited on by NinjaAceTrainer

-Green-

@NinjaAceTrainer That basically nerfed it, since it means that it's even easier to splat the user. Making it even worse of a panic button. It was a good change, but it also made the Special less viable as skilled player and/or blaster users can somewhat consistently splat splashdowners.

Edit: They nerfed the curling bombs original explosion and its normal ink coverage.Meaning it loses it easy ability to apply pressure and while you can cook it, you'll likely get splatted before you can pull it off in battle.

Edited on by -Green-

NinjaAceTrainer

@-Green- I suppose, but in my mind, a bug fix doesn't really count as a nerf. It isn't advised that one uses it as a panic button anyway. And about the curling bombs, I see how it got nerfed, but even if you cook it just a little bit, that nerf is null and void and has been buffed. Besides, I only ever cook in safe areas, or to splat someone camping on a wall. In which case, it is much more effective now. And before version 3.0, the sheer amount of random cheap stray curling bomb kills that I got was absurd. It was pretty broken in my opinion, so even though it negatively impacts me, I'm glad that they nerfed it.

-Green-

@NinjaAceTrainer That's essentially what the Splashdown is usually used for. A panic button. As, unless you catch a trapped/unaware player, they'll likely get away. It's a nerf, but a healthy one since it makes it fairer to play against. Albeit it makes it arguably the worst Special in the game.

Curling bombs are still good for their mobility, but the loss of power and the requirement of cooking in order to make them a reasonable threat is pretty notable in a game as fast-paced as Splat2n.

Edited on by -Green-

NinjaAceTrainer

@-Green- Superjump or ambush Splashdowns are viable and effective options. It's also good for clearing space. I would say that Tenta Missiles are the worst special, as they barely do anything in my opinion. Even with the nerf, curling bombs are still really good, which speaks volumes. Cooking is great for baiting foes out by surprise, for example around any corner. Or you could cook it for a little bit just to get the power and keep most of the mobility. A fair nerf really, and the Splat Roller is by no means bad now.

-Green-

@NinjaAceTrainer I'm not saying that the Splat Roller or Curlings are bad, but just that they were definitely nerfed.

Cooking and the Splashdown centered gear are generally not worth it. Tenta at least have the ability of informing teams of the enemy location, but overall, Stingray outclasses it.

Edited on by -Green-

NinjaAceTrainer

@-Green- I agree. I would say that Stingray (my favourite special) does what Splashdown and Tenta Missiles put together do; allow for long distance surveillance of and a formidable attack towards all foes, while being able to control space. I don't consider Splashdown to be a panic option really, just a means of controlling space and trolling superjump campers.

Grumblevolcano

It seems to be that Nintendo is extending their original plan for Splatoon 2. Look back to the Splatoon 2 Direct from July last year.

"Expect weapon, gear and stage updates for around a year."

Given what we know, it feels like the updates will continue past July.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

meleebrawler

Was anyone else caught slightly off-guard when Callie apologized for trying to kill you, in that exact wording? No puns or euphemisms, just a straight-up admission of attempted murder.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Pazzo-TheFool

I like the Neo Splash-o-Matic. That Suction Bomb Launcher tho.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

NinjaAceTrainer

@meleebrawler I wasn't. She did try and kill you and not splat you. A pun would have been great though.

607jf

Eh we all know Mikey is gonna win, haven't watch anything related to tmnt in years.

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic