Forums

Topic: RBI Baseball 2017 doesn't have online

Posts 1 to 20 of 21

Landlord

Pros:
The game looks like quick enjoyable fun.

Cons:
Just checked GameStop site and compared Xbox Version vs. Switch. Xbox version gets an online mode and rings in at $19.99. Switch version doesn't have an online mode and rings in at $29.99.

I've already tweeted a question to @RBIGames.

Edited on by Landlord

Landlord
Switch Friend Code: 4117-092-3537
Xbox: Landlord14

Qwertyninty

Yeah I was keeping an eye on this. Would be the only way to play baseball on your switch. Would be down to give it a try.

Qwertyninty

ValhallaOutcast

I wonder if online is exclusive to Xbox? in the reviews ive seen on PS4 there is no online

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Landlord

GameStop is showing PS4 has online as well. I did find out that Xbox and PS4 didn't include online when the game first released. Maybe the Switch version will be the same.@ValhallaOutcast

Landlord
Switch Friend Code: 4117-092-3537
Xbox: Landlord14

ValhallaOutcast

ahh that might make sense the reviews I watched were from when the game was released, hopefully without online this game would get old fast

Tasuki

Honestly RBI Baseball 17 isn't that great of a game. It's pretty barebones and average compared to other sport titles. MLB: The Show is all around a better game especially if you are a big baseball fan.

Edited on by Tasuki

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ValhallaOutcast

@Tasuki of course MLB The Show is the best its also a full priced Simulation that's exclusive to PS4

Some folks like $20 arcade sports games, how does RBI compare to other arcade $20 baseball games?

Samus7Killer

No online lol
And Nintendo wants you to pay for online

Samus7Killer

Tasuki

@ValhallaOutcast Actually compared to other arcade style baseball games like The Super Mega Baseball series RBI is bad. Poor control, lack of modes are some of the biggest complants. Heck The Bigs released several years ago is alot better then RBI Baseball.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ECMIM

Still waiting for power pros to come back West =/

https://www.teepublic.com/user/ECM

McGruber

No online is a dealbreaker. When will they learn?

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

Timppis

RBI is just bad. Please do no use money on this. It is the sports equivalent of Troll and I.

It is just bad.

Timppis

Paraka

I figured something big was being removed. RBI Baseball was announced so abruptly (and also very covertly) to think they'd have a mode or two for parity's sake.

If anything, sounds like RBI will be targeted for the fans hungry for Baseball gaming. I am sure it can still be fun in personal settings, but sounds a lot like no one has many local friends anymore these days.

Paraka

SKTTR

EU Release Date:

R.B.I. Baseball 2017, published by Nighthawk Interactive, will be released on 5th September 2017 on the European Switch eShop for 29,99€.

Don't know if there's a retail version as well.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

LinktotheFuture

I am enjoying RBI Baseball 17 so far. If it had the pennant winners like RBI Baseball 3 did, it would be perfect for me.

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

bluedogrulez

I just got a retail copy yesterday. I LOVE the pace of the game, the rosters (incredibly up to date), and the throwing power of the fielders. What will make or break this game for me is if I can start hitting the ball. I'm only 2 exhibition games in. I still strike out a bunch and make weak contact. But some learning curve is to be expected. Any tips appreciated!!

Baseball Stars (NES) still remains the gold standard for me in console baseball play. The customizable players, the way the ball would rocket off the bat, the big arms of the fielders and the things pitchers could do with the ball was just amazing.

bluedogrulez

Hawkstream

I'm a big baseball fan but after reading the reviews I just can't risk the money. It sounds terrible.

Hawkstream

SKTTR

I want one of the great Japanese Baseball games to appear in the west for once. Either a new King of Pro Baseball by Genki or a Powerful Pro Baseball by Konami.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

bluedogrulez

@SKTTR : There was a Powerful Pro on the Wii, but it did not grab me.

@Hawkstream: I wish I could give you a more definitive opinion on it. I was so impressed to see Todd Frazier on the Yankees and Maybin on the Angels. I know one reviewer trashed it for a lack of features like no instant reply etc. For me it comes down to gameplay. I'm liking the pitching and fielding (with assist on for now), but I gotta see if the hitting comes around or is forever a guessing game.

bluedogrulez

Hawkstream

@bluedogrulez The review I read said the graphics were dull and flat and the mechanics were totally broken. That the ball goes right through the bat on perfect swings. Someone is really going to have to convince me to spend money after that. They need a demo if its really a good game.

Hawkstream

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic